Author Topic: Crimson Echoes leaked  (Read 56182 times)

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
Re: Crimson Echoes leaked
« Reply #165 on: February 10, 2011, 11:09:53 am »
I dunno, I feel the game has some balance issues. However, I have yet to completely beat this version. I'll update my opinion later.

P.S., I do love the game, but it's not perfect. :p

Lenophis

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2011, 07:30:34 pm »
This game is effing difficult!
This is child's play compared to the first couple of betas.

* Lenophis disappears again

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2011, 07:34:58 pm »
This is child's play compared to the first couple of betas.

* Lenophis disappears again

...Wow.  I don't find that difficult to believe but still...wow.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2011, 08:09:53 pm »
I'm sorry to change the subject, but I'm curious. Squenix may not be able to do anything to us because we have clearly stated we didn't do it, ect ect. However, why have they done nothing? They went bat shit on us, but at this leak nothing. Even if they stopped looking at us, it's not like FoE is underground. It was on Destructoid and Kotaku(EVEN BEFORE THIS TOPIC WAS CREATED), which I know they read. What exactly is going on?

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2011, 08:50:51 pm »
Corporate laziness? They can't waste time catching everyone, so when they come down, they come down hard.
Also, Prophet's Guile was out for a while but didn't get any "love" until they smashed Crimson Echoes. Therefore, it is possible that all these sorts of things will be banned the next time the giant sloth of business is roused.

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2011, 03:46:19 am »
I dunno, I feel the game has some balance issues. However, I have yet to completely beat this version. I'll update my opinion later.

P.S., I do love the game, but it's not perfect. :p

It definatly does , but this would have been fixed in the last version.  :)

I love the New ...Nu emotes !!

Den Zurin

• Iokan (+1)
  • Na'vi
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2011, 12:33:15 am »
Help please!
How to beat Black Tyrano in Dinopolis (Reptite timeline)? It kills my characters with one blow!

There's save game for ZSNES: http://ifolder.ru/22128340 (CE-Final.zst file for CE-Final.smc rom)
Characters have 26 level and use armor from Reptite smithy (CloudCloak, Cyan Cover and ShadeShawl).

hiddensquire

• Guardian (+100)
  • Seeker of wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2011, 09:05:18 am »
Den Zurin, you would have a hard time beating this boss even if all of your characters were level 99 and had the best armor/weapons.  The fight is a complete easter egg and not required to progress in the game.  Even if you do beat it, all you get is 1000XP and the characters automatically exit the room in the same direction they came in through.

You probably didn't see the entrance to the prison, which is required to go to in order to progress through the quest you're currently on.  The entrance to the prison is in the first room you encounter when you enter Dinopolis.  I walked right past it and spent hours trying to find it elsewhere in Dinopolis.  I suspect you have done the same.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 09:09:39 am by hiddensquire »

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2011, 09:11:26 am »
I had no idea the Black Tyrano was fightable.  I assumed it was just part of the background.  Ah, the things you learn...

flobo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 02, 2011, 02:55:13 pm »
hello everyone, i've always been a fan of the chrono games, and just recently found out about Crimson Echoes.

The intro stated "Don't expect another Chrono Trigger" at the beginning. But when i finally saw the end, i was thinking "Are you kidding ? It was even BETTER than chrono trigger".

Maybe not on all levels, but on the most important part to me, the storyline. Taking CT,CE and CC as one huge storyline, CE is clearly the best part in my opinion (not to say that the other two aren't great).

Whoever wrote the script totally deserve to become Masato Kato personnal assistant for Chrono Break, i didn't enjoy a game storyline this much for years.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 02, 2011, 06:42:19 pm »
Flobo,

Thanks for the kind words! I did not write the game, nor was I involved in it's development, but I'm sure that means a lot to Zeality, Chrono'99, Mauron and the others who invested their blood, sweat, and tears into the game!

I, too, loved the storyline! It was more mature than CT, yet not as confusing as CC... :)

Oh, and welcome to the Compendium!

flobo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 02, 2011, 07:28:08 pm »
Another great thing is how it help to set CC up so nicely.CC is great, but the first time you reach chronopolis' computer and the ghosts at the end of the game, your head has to explode. I've never seen this much infos dumped on the player in any other games.

CE smooth this up quite a bit, and the ending scene set the tone that CC will only be a giant chess game between Belthasar and the dream/time devourer.

Den Zurin

• Iokan (+1)
  • Na'vi
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 03, 2011, 06:44:00 am »
You probably didn't see the entrance to the prison, which is required to go to in order to progress through the quest you're currently on.  The entrance to the prison is in the first room you encounter when you enter Dinopolis.  I walked right past it and spent hours trying to find it elsewhere in Dinopolis.  I suspect you have done the same.

Thanks, I missed this room!
Also, what is WoodenSpn (in Porre 600 A.D. woman gives it instead of MoldyBread)? Why do I need it?

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 03, 2011, 07:01:30 am »
Thanks, I missed this room!
Also, what is WoodenSpn (in Porre 600 A.D. woman gives it instead of MoldyBread)? Why do I need it?

You'll need to trade it to advance in the game much later.

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #179 on: March 06, 2011, 06:37:33 pm »
Flobo,

Thanks for the kind words! I did not write the game, nor was I involved in it's development, but I'm sure that means a lot to Zeality, Chrono'99, Mauron and the others who invested their blood, sweat, and tears into the game!

I, too, loved the storyline! It was more mature than CT, yet not as confusing as CC... :)

Oh, and welcome to the Compendium!

I was never that active on the actual CE team. Most of my work went into other projects, some of which contributed to the CE, but were generally focused on just tearing the original game to shreds. In a good way, of course.