Author Topic: Crimson Echoes leaked  (Read 54182 times)

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
Re: Crimson Echoes leaked
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2011, 09:45:06 pm »
Does Final Fantasy have it's own center for its fanbase? I have no idea where to find the Final Fantasy Community. They don't seem very strongly knit. However, not like they need to be. With three different Final Fantasy titles in development at all times.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2011, 10:22:51 pm »
It's probably too big to be a very tightly-knit community. But you can find aspects of the community in society everywhere. There's a Final Fantasy gallery at Deviant Art. There are musicians on YouTube who perform Final Fantasy music. And of course there's Uncle Ulty's 1337 Barbecue, on the corner of 5th and Vargas. I recommend the Tentacle, a four-ton, gut-busting work of art guaranteed to inflict a status effect of Stuffed.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 30, 2011, 03:28:46 am »
A minor disadvantage of the FF fanbase is that there is no clear course for a fangame to take. All things Chronoish serve to expand the existing canon. But for FF, a series in which true sequels are until recently an anathema? If fans created a "FF XC" in what way would that be a continuation of the series rather than an unrelated game? And if the fans created a sequel to FFVI, while such a sequel now is conceivable, it would not constitute a game in the main tradition of the series.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2011, 04:39:01 am »
Not to derail the Final Fantasy/Square conversation, but I'm noticing some...oddities in the game. Not that anyone will go fix these bugs or anything...just though I'd mention them because I happened to notice them. :P

So...I was getting stomped by the Chimera tank. So I RAN AWAY. And the tank exploded and the game acted as if I won. And the plot advanced.

...WHAT.

And later, in the Ocean Palace Ruins, I fought that first Panel/Martello fight, and trying to use Steel Crash caused the game to freeze. The music played and the smoke effects continued, but my party members and enemies ceased all movement.

And occasionally it forgets that you saved.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 30, 2011, 05:44:45 am »
What system are you playing it on?

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 30, 2011, 05:50:26 am »
As for that... go one way or the other. If you want to keep Frog/Glenn's speech as per the original SNES English version then get a person who knows proper Shakespearean dialect... not add "Ye" at every turn... I mean even in the proper translation he uses some European English Speaking countries dialect and slang (i.e. Using "Aye" for yes... If you want more references let me go back over the DS version and I'll list some more here.) but not YE all the time. ._. And the "ye're" reminds me of Kid ^^;;

I did just a little research on the subject of archaic English, and it was a big help.  "Ye" is typically used formally or to address a group of superiors.  "You" is used to address an individual superior, or someone of greater social status.  To address a superior using "Thou" and "Thee" was considered extremely disrespectful, and addressing a judge in this way was considered grounds for contempt.  But using "Ye" for everything is clearly not proper usage.  The SNES Chrono Trigger didn't get everything right, either.  The line "Mine name is Glenn." is incorrect.  Because the word after the subject begins with a consonant, the line should read: "My name is Glenn."  "Mine" is used only before a vowel sound, such as "Mine eyes" or "Mine enemy".  It's not essential to be 100% accurate in using an archaic tongue, so long as it follows the basic rules and is consistant throughout your writing.  I typically use the word "be" as a substitute for "is", such as: "But this be not the place for Vagabonds" or "Be she hurt?"  This does not follow any Shakesperian rule I've read, but it adds a bit of flavor to the dialogue and makes "Old Guardanian" a little more distinctive.

Here are a few links people may find useful: (fan-fiction authors and game-makers should bookmark these)

http://dan.tobias.name/frivolity/archaic-grammar.html

http://everything2.com/title/If+you%2527re+going+to+speak+archaic+English%252C+use+it+correctly%2521

http://www.unilang.org/wiki/index.php/Introducing_Archaic_English

http://phrontistery.info/archaic.html

hiddensquire

• Guardian (+100)
  • Seeker of wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 30, 2011, 09:23:42 am »
Not to derail the Final Fantasy/Square conversation, but I'm noticing some...oddities in the game. Not that anyone will go fix these bugs or anything...just though I'd mention them because I happened to notice them. :P

So...I was getting stomped by the Chimera tank. So I RAN AWAY. And the tank exploded and the game acted as if I won. And the plot advanced.

...WHAT.

And later, in the Ocean Palace Ruins, I fought that first Panel/Martello fight, and trying to use Steel Crash caused the game to freeze. The music played and the smoke effects continued, but my party members and enemies ceased all movement.

And occasionally it forgets that you saved.
I had the game freeze on me in the Ocean Palace Ruins too.  For me, though, it was when fighting the two Krakkers in the left room.  Special attacks didn't seem to play a factor.  Luckily, I didn't lose too much progress since I was making frequent savestates and saving twice at every savepoint on top of that.  It happened to me three times.  Eventually, I just ended up walking around the bastards so a battle wouldn't initiate.

Haha, I never thought to try to run away from a boss fight... I wonder how many other bosses you can do that to.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2011, 04:50:04 pm »

ZSnes.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2011, 05:05:09 pm »
I was looking through my old comics and found these. Memories.

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2011, 05:51:14 pm »

ZSnes.

Im up until the final dungeon , and I also had that bug on ZSnes , you have to finish the fight as quick as possible and be careful 'where' you trigger the fight because thats how it can get stuck.

Currently the only other major bug I faced is Spekkio saying he gave me the 'Lionhead' when he actually did not xD

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2011, 07:36:30 pm »
I was looking through my old comics and found these. Memories.

lol, awesome.

I just got some wild ideas for putting the square-enix legal department into a fan game as a boss fight. or would that be pushing things too far?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2011, 08:51:17 pm »
ZSnes.

Ah, okay.  D and I started to play it on the ZSNES, but after the intro the screen went black and all you could hear was the music from Magus' castle.  We've been using the Snes9x since and haven't noticed any huge bugs.  The fast forward function on the system has come in reeeeeaaaaaaally useful while grinding.  And there's been a lot of grinding.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2011, 08:53:18 pm »
The fast forward function on the system has come in reeeeeaaaaaaally useful while grinding.  And there's been a lot of grinding.

I thought I was the only one who did that! I have a usb controller that looks like a ps2 controller, so I map the controls like snes, then turbo A on L2 and fast forward on R2 and voila! Battle speeder. I've been using zsnes and lately, bsnes. It's actually pretty cool.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2011, 11:45:09 pm »
How much do things change, depending on whether or not I side with Porre, the Mystics, or Stay Neutral after fighting Kasmir's Illusion the first time?