Author Topic: Crimson Echoes leaked  (Read 54802 times)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Crimson Echoes leaked
« Reply #180 on: March 07, 2011, 05:00:53 am »
I just finished the game this evening and wow...I was completely blown away.  I watched all the videos on YouTube last December, but it was entirely different (obviously) to actually play through the entire thing.  It is such a phenomenal game, and the way it seamlessly ties Trigger to Cross is ingenious.  I completely agree with everything flobo said, with the sole exception that I do like CT and CC more than CE.  :)

But regardless--amazing, amazing game.  Thank you so much to everyone who worked on it.

beanzo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2011, 05:28:54 am »
If this has already been answered or this is the worng forum I appoligize and please direct me to the correct spot but, i'm at the part where you have to find spekkio and fight him for a side quest and I just fought him at hero's grave and he says he'll be on a piece of land surrounded on three sides by water" where is that (and maybe the locations of where he goes after that) thanks.

hiddensquire

• Guardian (+100)
  • Seeker of wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 12, 2011, 01:57:35 pm »
Beast Forest, Dark Ages.

After that: Singing Mountain, Prehistoric Era.

Then: Battlefield, 1AD.

Finally: Rainbow Shell Room, Guardia Castle, Present

beanzo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 12, 2011, 03:08:45 pm »
thanks!

Black_Chocobo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 21, 2011, 01:35:50 pm »
Hey together, I am part of the second team Mauron already mentioned. And yes, we wan't the original creators to get their full credit in the game.

We are already working for a few months on this project to get this awesome game out of the beta status. Tons of work... Redoing the unfinished maps, polish some balancing, fixing bugs and dialoge and expand the game in a reasonable way. But a lot of stuff is already done and we got 4 pretty focused teammembers to work on it. We want to release it in this year, but a official date is not sure yet.

And yes, I'm writing this with a fake IP, please don't be angry that we keep the project underground. I would even be more happy if my posting and this account gets deleted and someone opens a topic in a "someone said" style, after all.

Finally some pictures of the ongoing project:
New Titlescreen:

Some Fixed maps:

One of the new maps:

Stay tuned, the dream of a CE Final is not dead.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 21, 2011, 07:56:47 pm »
Q1: Why is there a 2011 Square copywrite logo on the title screen?
Q2: Also, why does the Chrono Trigger 2: Crimson Echoes look so weird? That's my only complaint - the logo is horrendous.
Comment: Lastly, your grammar is atrocious.

Make sure you let the "Crimson Echoes Final" character's have all new tech's! :) Good luck and keep it going. It better be better than Crimson Echoes or I will hit you with a ChocoMeteor spell!

Black_Chocobo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 21, 2011, 08:38:04 pm »
Yeah, it kind of looks weird because of the high resolution.
I think it looks better when its shown in big way. The tileset of the title screen is very compressed, so there is no other way than to show it like a winding flag.

English is not my mothertongue, excuse the bad grammar. The dialogues in the game are done more properly - promised ;)
We are trying to hack some new techs, but the new content is still a open task, our main goal is to polish and finish the game!
If you got some big complains about the 98% Beta (we already checked all the videos and played like 60% of the beta) just post it here and we try to fix it. Espeacily about big bugs or bad balancing.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 21, 2011, 08:52:24 pm »
Got it. Thanks for the clarification. I admit, I still don't like the logo, though. It just doesn't look like a Chrono logo. But this is your baby, so I'll just be happy to play another version of Crimson Echoes.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #188 on: April 22, 2011, 03:32:37 pm »
Bubble Letters!! 8D

Well, I'm looking forward to it! Be sure to send a copy my way when it's done! ;3

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 22, 2011, 04:02:29 pm »
If it just said Crimson Echoes and ditched the Chrono Trigger that would solve the spacing issue. Looks intriguing, still.

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #190 on: April 22, 2011, 04:21:32 pm »
Um, I think the problem with the logo is the font you're using in the "Trigger 2 Crimson Echoes" part, it doesn't seem to match well with the font from the original logo. But I agree with Boo, this is your project, and I'll just be happy to play another version of CE.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 22, 2011, 04:43:12 pm »
I would put the word "Final" or something similar in your version as well, to differentiate it from the 1000 other versions of Crimson Echoes already floating around. Is yours also going to be a ROM hack in Temporal Flux or will it use another engine?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 23, 2011, 12:35:22 am »
Hm? This looks interesting. Looking forward to it...

Intangir

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 24, 2011, 11:32:47 pm »
anyone have a save state or know where I can download one for a new game + ?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 25, 2011, 10:45:47 pm »
A Google search would surely bring something up... I know that we can't support ROMs or ROM hacking, so not really sure if save states fall under that same category...