Author Topic: New-ish  (Read 1055 times)

Demonic Cloud

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
New-ish
« on: August 05, 2009, 03:04:32 pm »
Hello all. As you can read, my name is Demonic Cloud. Most people just call me DC, though. I originally joined CC back in 04 but had other things going on and I stuck with my other chrono forum, Chronicles. Recently gamespy announced that it will no longer support hosted sites and so Chronicles will be going the way of the dinosaur. I've known Zeality for quite a while and I've enjoyed the compendium for just as long. I was going to wait until Chronicles closed for good but I was extra bored tonight and this is the only outlet I have right now.

So, how about some info about myself?

I started playing Chrono games in 2000. My friend bought Chrono Cross because another friend had recommended it. We both loved it and learned there was actually a game before it called Chrono Trigger. 9 years later and here I am. I love both games but usually pick Cross as my favorite of the two. I like the overall complexity of the story better. The music for both games is fantastic and I own both soundtracks.

I am 22 years old and I normally reside in Wisconsin. However, right now I'm stationed in Salerno, Afghanistan (hence the boredom).

Anyway, I don't want to ramble too much. I hope to have fun here and get in on some good discussion. Any questions feel free to ask.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Re: New-ish
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 03:32:49 pm »
Hello.

I have a question! What branch of the military are you from? A friend of mine has a year left in her army's contract. She's stationed in Hawaii. She's thinking of re-enlisting... I hope that if she re enlists, she won't be sent to Afghanistan, but she has a choice in that matter. Her brother was recently honorably discharged from the Navy because he didn't like any of the jobs they wanted to put him in. My friend says that it might not be best to re enlist, because they are downsizing the army, and they might want to put her into a crappy job, but then again, I read the news a little while ago and it said that Obama is wanting to expand the army by a big number. They're going to want a lot of troops back into Afghanistan in the next couple years.

Anyway, I have never played CC. Maybe I will get the chance to sometime. I'll be the first to invite you to the IRC sometime, and soon the webchat people will come invite you to that too : ).

Have fun and stick around.

:1999

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 04:22:36 pm »
Nice to meet another person who picks Cross over Trigger!

Welcome to the Compendium, enjoy your stay.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 05:18:07 pm »
Welcome tot he Compendium party! :franky

We have really cool smilies here.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 05:36:18 pm »
Welcome. tot he party!

Um...
Yeah...
As usual...

Me bad with introductions.
Let's start over! Go back to the top and re-read!

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 07:58:50 pm »
Welcome to the forums. :kz

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 08:56:08 pm »
First off: Welcome!  Glad to have you aboard!

Second: Thank you very much for all you do.  I admire your courage, your sense of duty!  Thank you.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 10:08:10 pm »
Welcome back tot he etc.

I remember that wacky avy if not you specificially. That's too bad about that other Chrono forums (so many dying all over the place)...I believe ZeaLitY even set up a forum specifically for Chronicles peeps a few days ago though (not sure exactly what's supposed to go down in there though).

Here's a RANDOM GOOGLE'D YOUR SN~!!

Demonic Cloud

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 11:25:38 am »
I have a question! What branch of the military are you from? A friend of mine has a year left in her army's contract. She's stationed in Hawaii. She's thinking of re-enlisting... I hope that if she re enlists, she won't be sent to Afghanistan, but she has a choice in that matter. Her brother was recently honorably discharged from the Navy because he didn't like any of the jobs they wanted to put him in. My friend says that it might not be best to re enlist, because they are downsizing the army, and they might want to put her into a crappy job, but then again, I read the news a little while ago and it said that Obama is wanting to expand the army by a big number. They're going to want a lot of troops back into Afghanistan in the next couple years.
I'm in the Army Reserve.
As for the status of the army, I believe they are downsizing the Navy and Air Force. This may have already taken place but I heard of a lot of people not being allowed to re-enlist because they were cutting troops. The Army is going the opposite direction. The Army and Marine Corps both have plans to add several thousand soldiers. Good timing too considering the state of the economy and level of unemployment. They have begun taking away signing bonuses and re-enlistment bonuses because recruiters are making their quotas.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.