Author Topic: The Month That Could Have Been Announcement  (Read 27817 times)

kattrali

• Sleuth of Time
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: The Month That Could Have Been Announcement
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 09:29:53 pm »
Well I'm glad at least that the suspense is over and I can see some footage.

...why do i still feel so sad?

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 09:30:52 pm »
Second, I've heard rumors that Final Fantasy IV: The After Years was a ROM project that SE had also given the C&D to. Is there any truth to that?

FFIV: The After Years is a real game, it's the official sequel to FFIV. Unless you mean there was some sort of attempt to turn it into a playable rom?

And third, even if that rumor is not true, does SE have a copy of CE?

SE probably doesn't have CE and I doubt they'd even bother with it, especially considering it's a rom patch.

Also, thanks to Matt of Kagero forums for giving us a huge helping hand and evidence in determining Alienat0r's identity.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 09:32:50 pm by Pyt Fumv »

odekam

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 09:38:49 pm »
So... the dream is gone.

"The end is nigh."

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 09:39:38 pm »
Second, I've heard rumors that Final Fantasy IV: The After Years was a ROM project that SE had also given the C&D to. Is there any truth to that?

FFIV: The After Years is a real game, it's the official sequel to FFIV. Unless you mean there was some sort of attempt to turn it into a playable rom?

And third, even if that rumor is not true, does SE have a copy of CE?

SE probably doesn't have CE and I doubt they'd even bother with it, especially considering it's a rom patch.

Also, thanks to Matt of Kagero forums for giving us a huge helping hand and evidence in determining Alienat0r's identity.

Thanks, that makes me feel better at least.

Later guys.

HadesKane

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • End of Time MUD
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 09:41:44 pm »

From the Wikipedia page on it:
"Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, released in Japan as Final Fantasy IV the After: Tsuki no Kikan (ファイナルファンタジーIV ジ・アフター -月の帰還-, Fainaru Fantajī Fō Ji Afutā -Tsuki no Kikan-?, lit. "Final Fantasy IV the After: Return of the Moon") is a Japanese role-playing game developed by Matrix Software and published by Square Enix, and is the sequel to Final Fantasy IV. The first two chapters of the game were released in Japan in February 2008 for NTT DoCoMo FOMA 903i series phones, with a release for au WIN BREW compatible phones in May 2008 and Yahoo! Keitai compatible phones in November 2008.[3] The mobile phone release was distributed in monthly installments, the first of which was free to download, while the following chapters available via subscription.[4] An English-language release was announced as a WiiWare title on March 25, 2009.[5]. It will be released in North America on June 1, 2009.[6]"

It doesn't take but a moment to try to find out these things on your own...

So no, SE doesn't have a history of turning fan projects into anything but useless data in your recycle bin.

KitsuneSefam

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 09:46:33 pm »
Oh well. Le sigh. Let's wait for the next Square Enix shovelware game :(

Let's just hope Bob's Game is not vaporware now or get C&D'ed by Nintendo.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 10:00:56 pm by KitsuneSefam »

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 09:52:30 pm »
So it was Dark Serge....I know no one will trust me, but he was the first person I found suspisious, but I thought I was being paranoid so I let my suspsion move on.

I can't believe I was tricked so easily....still I won't lose my new upbeat attituide.

Also even though I find them rude for doing so , I won't hate the people at SE since I know whatever they did it wasn't a personal thing. As for DarkSerge I will forever hold him in contempt for tricking me into trusting him. In good news for the other I will no longer complain abotu them not being polite because SE was rude. Please feel free to rant obsessivly about how evil you think they are even if I disagree.

CursedSeishi

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 10:17:43 pm »
Wow... I wonder what could of been said in that conversation that would make whoever you were talking to promise a "Response" to this whole fiasco. Eh, eye for an eye I say, they refuse to keep their end of the bargain, post the conversation or whatever. If they whine about it and try anything, you have proof of them breaking said agreement if you have the Emails still.

(and yes yes I know, my first post is on this subject, yall probably suspicious of new people, don't burn me, I don't burn well! I've just been lurking unregistered ever since I read on Joystiq about the C&D letter, and have posted about it here and there on a couple of sites.)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 10:24:50 pm »
Just noting that a second videos has been added to the YouTube account and linked from the first post of this thread. This is a teaser of sorts, but the next videos released (throughout the month of June) will be FW's full playthrough, from the start of the game up to the ending(s) in a linear fashion and with minimal video editing.

desrever

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 10:26:42 pm »
I don't mean to spam here, but these are for the depressed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Md2i6MWD4I&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_xy0BcI_nY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM-r-ltInS4&feature=related

Please have a good laugh. It's the only way I know how to cheer people up over the internet, so please don't get mad.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 10:28:29 pm »
Just noting that a second videos has been added to the YouTube account and linked from the first post of this thread. This is a teaser of sorts, but the next videos released (throughout the month of June) will be FW's full playthrough, from the start of the game up to the ending(s) in a linear fashion and with minimal video editing.

Youtube is acting wierd for me. *sigh I wanted so to watch the playthough when it's put up. ^.- don't spoil anything for me ya hear!

CursedSeishi

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 10:29:18 pm »

Its gonna be from beginning to end? Well, if you can't experience the gameplay, experience the story at least huh? :D

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 10:32:57 pm »

Youtube is acting wierd for me. *sigh I wanted so to watch the playthough when it's put up. ^.- don't spoil anything for me ya hear!

And it can't get back to normal by the month's end? They will not be uploaded until June.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 10:41:30 pm »

And it can't get back to normal by the month's end? They will not be uploaded until June.

Oh so its not just me. I feel better now! ^.^

Well I'm glad at least that the suspense is over and I can see some footage.

...why do i still feel so sad?

I know....its because its bittersweet, but you'll smile someday and laugh.

Untill then Let's sing something bittersweet or even sad. It will help let out that sad feeling. *Starts singing "You Are My Sunshine"*

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 10:47:29 pm »

Oh so its not just me. I feel better now! ^.^

It works fine with me. I asked because I thought you were worrying that you will not be able to watch the videos as soon as they were uploaded.