Author Topic: Pictures Thread  (Read 88328 times)

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures Thread
« Reply #510 on: February 06, 2009, 06:47:37 pm »
Posted a pic of myself after just getting up from a nap on page 3 of "Sick! As in Illness!"

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #511 on: February 06, 2009, 08:27:01 pm »
I've totally got an awesome sprite in the works.

edit: It's official. I suck at making an original sprite.

Heh, that's awesome. Does it/he move? Hm. I should try spriting myself. Maybe I could make an RPGmaker one... that's about the only cause I'd have for it...

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 07, 2009, 07:23:58 pm »
HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS

IT'S DRESS LIKE A JAPANESE RPG CHARACTER DAY

POSE-U

... I can't believe I honestly went out in public dressed like that. Gloves, bandanas, headphones, Converse boots... I even carried around a wooden katana I carved when I was like, ten, around in a sheath. Me and a few friends thought it would be cool to go all Square-Enix on our town, so we dressed in ways that scared old people and walked around all day and got lunch. The people at the restaurant almost kicked us out!

Good times.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #513 on: February 07, 2009, 09:31:04 pm »
At least it wasn't a real katana.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 07, 2009, 09:34:43 pm »
At least it wasn't a real katana.

I wish. Would've been pretty cool. Te cops would've come after me and I would've fought them off Samurai style.

teaflower

• Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 07, 2009, 09:35:32 pm »
Can't really tell, but is it supposed to be Crono? If not, who?

I'd love to get into cosplaying, but I need to wear my glasses. All the time. MassHealth, even when they aren't being dicks, doesn't cover contacts and I can't go without these guys. I'd love to run around as Marle, Utena, Anthy/Ansi/Whatever, Sailor Saturn, or even a girl Magus. Because I could potentially pull it off. I'd probably need a wig for all of them (not long enough for Marle and the others have wacky hair)... but it's amazing what you can find at consignment stores. My favorite coat was at one of them.

Yoko Endovale

• Guardian (+100)
  • Forever Dreaming of Home
    • View Profile
    • pl0ximity
« Reply #516 on: February 08, 2009, 01:57:05 am »

Here we go! A recent photograph at my local State Park.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 08, 2009, 02:31:35 am »

I'd love to get into cosplaying, but I need to wear my glasses.
*Ahem*Lucca?

teaflower

• Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 08, 2009, 11:40:57 am »
But my glasses are thicker than hers! I think. Can Lucca see about two or three feet in front of her without her glasses? I can't.

Lucca should be on that list, but I've seen some pretty kickass Lucca cosplays and I can't compete. I might even go with Natsuki (couldn't find decent picturage, but she's the girl with the glasses), but I don't care enough about Shion to do her, and any of the Final Fantasy characters are usually dead horses. But if not, I could totally pull off Quistis.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 08, 2009, 12:51:27 pm »

It's really just supposed to be a hodgepodge of the JRPG style. I tuess if you really wanted to relate it to a character, it'd be a three-way cross of Crono, The protagonist from The World Ends With You (forget his name), and Claud from Star Ocean: The Second Story.

idioticidioms

« Reply #520 on: February 10, 2009, 06:07:39 pm »
I could so pull off Squall from FF8 if I let my hair grow out and got the costume for it. It would cost me an arm and a leg, though, because if I'm going to cosplay, I'm going to do it the best I can, lol, and not look ridiculous like so many end up doing.  -_-

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #521 on: February 11, 2009, 12:47:17 am »
If I was ever inclined to dress up (which I would never be), my profile and height would probably be more fitting Janus than anyone else. I've got a bit of a sharper nose, gaunt features. Unfortunately I entirely lack his build, though. But I think I have something approximating his personality, or could be near.

See, I think most people wholly mistake him. They think him dark, depressed, rather misunderstood. Actually, almost, eh, like a teenager, if I dare say that. But I don't think that's how he is. He is someone of great intensity and deep thought. He doesn't actually care what other people think of him much, and speaks of his deep mind. His darkness is not depression but melancholy brought on by contemplation. His spirit is heroic, to the extent that he can wilfully turn his back on his entire endeavour before, face his past, and march on. And extremely important his his statement that if he is to die, he must simply laugh. This is a glorious statement from someone of such a serious nature. It means that he knows that even if everything is cast to ruin, that one human laugh is a rebellion cry against despair. In that statement he basically shuns despair by claiming that even at his end he will not succumb to being disheartened. Life is beautiful, and he knows it, and he will fight for it. That's not apparent from just looking at him. Oh, and not to be forgotten, he's someone of immense learning and noble grace. Just look at him in RD. He is princely.

Okay, okay, so maybe I'm not that, and I got carried away on Janus. But I know roughly the feeling of that, in my more haughty moments. If I was inclined, he's be my mark.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #522 on: February 11, 2009, 12:52:58 am »
If I was ever inclined to dress up (which I would never be), my profile and height would probably be more fitting Janus than anyone else. I've got a bit of a sharper nose, gaunt features. Unfortunately I entirely lack his build, though. But I think I have something approximating his personality, or could be near.

You probably knew this was coming, but...
doitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoit!

Okay, fangirling out of the way. Sorry about that.
I like your assessment of him far more than what everyone else has proposed. You win a cookie.

And now, picture!

That's my puppy Rosie in her favourite spot in the whole house: my bed!
(if anyone can figure out what those posters in the back are, he wins more cookies)

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #523 on: February 11, 2009, 01:06:28 am »

You probably knew this was coming, but...
doitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoit!

Okay, fangirling out of the way. Sorry about that.
I like your assessment of him far more than what everyone else has proposed. You win a cookie.

Precisely why I wouldn't. I don't need fangirls staring at me and, as is more likely, laughing and poking fun. Hmph.

But I'll take the cookie anyway.

And that one poster is Starcraft, I think, even though I don't know the game all too well.

idioticidioms

« Reply #524 on: February 11, 2009, 01:10:10 am »
personally, I think you might be romanticizing Janus a bit, Krispin. But I like your concept. Also, I think you take yourself too seriously and care too much what others think. Dressing up for cosplay is for you to have fun. Who cares if people laugh at you? It's like people who won't go skating for fear of falling down.