Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Perfect Bible - New CTDS Guidebook  (Read 7743 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger Perfect Bible - New CTDS Guidebook
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2008, 08:40:29 pm »
10 pages of discussion to read a handful of useful posts.

Which is my nightmare. I invariably go through everything to pick out the important bits, especially in the analysis forum, and nothing beats going through a thread like "Why Crono?" or "did crono die when porre attacked" and finding absolutely nothing useful in 20 pages.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2008, 08:41:57 pm »
So... what, you take their side or...?  :? <(???)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2008, 08:47:05 pm »
So... what, you take their side or...?  Confused <(???)

Yes.  That was Z's polite way of saying that he agrees with Ramsus.  The fact that both Ramsus and Zeality - the founding fathers of the Compendium, and the two of the 'very importants' around here - have commented on this matter should serve as a huge warning to you.  Please head their words, and only post if you having something meaningful to add.  We have enough noise in these forums as is, and it's pretty much doubled since you've got here.

We're not trying to be jerks or anything, we're just saying, "only post when you have something meaningful to say."

Ramsus

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2008, 03:31:37 am »
Actually, General Discussion exists for the sole purpose of random or (as far as the site goes) meaningless discussion. Chrono Gameplay/Casual Discussion right above that forum exists for more or less the same reason, but for game-related discussion.

Those two forums were created to keep this kind of useless one-linerism out of the analysis forums and somewhere where it wouldn't do any harm. Since the CT DS forum was created to enliven discussion about the game in the same vein as the Analysis forums and Kajar Labs, I'd say that casual conversation outside of threads created for that obvious purpose (i.e. "Just Got My Copy") still belong in the casual discussion forums.

If someone can't hold themselves to that standard, then we can always limit them to only being able to post in the Site Discussion forums, but we usually wouldn't ban anyone for it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 03:34:38 am by Ramsus »

RyougaSaotome

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2008, 09:47:40 am »
Does anyone else have perhaps any specific questions they'd like to ask about the content of the guide? I apologize if previous answers were general, but so were the questions, so I'd rather not have to post large chunks of information because people just wanted to know the broad strokes of the guide.^_^;; I apologize for the laziness, but college work here in Kyoto can do that to a person.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2008, 10:11:21 am »
I have seen a couple new CTDS Perfect Bibles on eBay and from sellers I have already done business with in Japan.

I will be looking into this. My goal is to purchase this and analyze the text and hopefully discover something fruitful. I will keep you appraised.

EDIT: Aware of RyougaSaotome post, however, as a die-hard Chrono fan, I will still acquire this.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 10:14:27 am by Magus22 »

Nexus

• Porrean (+50)
  • Choose your own path.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2008, 03:13:39 pm »
Does anyone else have perhaps any specific questions they'd like to ask about the content of the guide? I apologize if previous answers were general, but so were the questions, so I'd rather not have to post large chunks of information because people just wanted to know the broad strokes of the guide.^_^;; I apologize for the laziness, but college work here in Kyoto can do that to a person.

How about anything information you think would be worth mention. Such as whatever the guide mentions about the new content if that isn't to much trouble.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2008, 07:20:13 pm »
I saw something interesting on a Japanese site about CTDS. There's going to be an Ultimania for Chrono Trigger!

A news article that the information comes from:
http://www.bent.co.jp/main/news/20081202.htm
『クロノ』ファンのみなさんのご期待に応えます!
「クロノ・トリガー アルティマニア」2009年1月20日発売決定!

大好評発売中のニンテンドーDS用RPG『クロノ・トリガー』のすべてを網羅する一冊「クロノ・トリガーアルティマニア」(編集・執筆:スタジオベントスタッフ/企画・制作:スクウェア・エニックス/価格未定)が、2009年1月20日に発売されることが決定しました。

オールカラー592ページ+折りこみポスターという大ボリュームで、『クロノ・トリガー』のありとあらゆる要素を徹底解説します。
 3つの新シナリオや次元の闘技場といった、DS版での追加要素の詳細まで完全掲載。DS版『クロノ・トリガー』をコンプリートするために必携の一冊となっています。
 また、おなじみのシークレットコーナーをはじめ、キャラクターの語りで紹介するショートストーリー(執筆:ベニー松山)、開発スタッフインタビューなど、『クロノ・トリガー』ファンの人なら見逃せない記事も満載です。
 どうぞ、お楽しみに!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 07:43:31 pm by Vehek »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2008, 07:32:52 pm »
『クロノ』ファンのみなさんのご期待に応えます!
「クロノ・トリガー アルティマニア」2009年1月20日発売決定!

大好評発売中のニンテンドーDS用RPG『クロノ・トリガー』のすべてを網羅する一冊「クロノ・トリガーアルティマニア」(編集・執筆:スタジオベントスタッフ/企画・制作:スクウェア・エニックス/価格未定)が、2009年1月20日に発売されることが決定しました。

オールカラー592ページ+折りこみポスターという大ボリュームで、『クロノ・トリガー』のありとあらゆる要素を徹底解説します。
 3つの新シナリオや次元の闘技場といった、DS版での追加要素の詳細まで完全掲載。DS版『クロノ・トリガー』をコンプリートするために必携の一冊となっています。
 また、おなじみのシークレットコーナーをはじめ、キャラクターの語りで紹介するショートストーリー(執筆:ベニー松山)、開発スタッフインタビューなど、『クロノ・トリガー』ファンの人なら見逃せない記事も満載です。
 どうぞ、お楽しみに!

Translated:

Meets 'the expectation only of the [kurono]' fan!
“{kurono} {torigaaruteimania}” 2009 January 20th sale decision!
 One volume “{kurono} thoroughly contains everything of the RPG '{kurono} trigger is in the midst of very popular selling' for {nintendo} DS which {torigaaruteimania}” which (compilation writing: Studio vent staff/plan production: {sukuuea} {enitsukusu}/price undecided), being sold on 2009 January 20th it decided. All color 592 page + it tucks and with the large volume, poster, 'it is thorough it explains all element of the {kurono} trigger'.
 You called three new scenarios and the competition place of dimension, to details of the additional element in DS edition perfection publication.The DS edition '{kurono} trigger' it has become one volume of indispensableness in order to complete.  In addition, the short story which is introduced in the talking of the character including the well-known secret corner, (writing: If {beni} Matsuyama), 'person of the {kurono} trigger' fan such as development staff interview also the article which cannot be overlooked is full load.
 Please, in the pleasure!

Can someone translate the words in {these} from Japanese phonetics? The translator I used could only translate them out of kanji/katakana.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2008, 07:36:51 pm »
Nice. This is the book we'll have to get and translate. If I'm understanding Shadow D. Darkman's web translation correctly, this will include some official explanation of the new content. Is that everyone else's reading?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2008, 11:35:23 pm »
Yeah, and a developer staff interview. Hello, Kato!

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2008, 11:43:13 pm »
OH, SHIT!!! KATO JUST RETCONNED THE INTERVIEW!!!

SD: I know, I'm not funny. :(

Nexus

• Porrean (+50)
  • Choose your own path.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2008, 11:50:37 pm »
Nice. This is the book we'll have to get and translate. If I'm understanding Shadow D. Darkman's web translation correctly, this will include some official explanation of the new content. Is that everyone else's reading?

Yep this seems to be the book to get for actual official information on the new content in CTDS. I'm looking forward to any new information that comes from this book. So I hope there are some people around who can translate and are willing to. Since this could have some nice information pertaining to the Chrono games.

RyougaSaotome

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2008, 05:04:37 am »
Can't say I didn't see this coming.

Since I live here, I can easily attain the book on the 20th next month. I'd be happy to help translate if anyone wants a hand.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2008, 07:43:21 pm »
 If all goes well, this site can become our version of the book. Zeality, how would you like to handle something like that? A special section for the site? Something in the Encyclopedia?