Author Topic: Chrono Trigger - Schala Project (Community Project)  (Read 54619 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger - Schala Project (Community Project)
« Reply #720 on: March 12, 2009, 10:04:32 pm »
Remember that any picture/sprite can only have 12 colors.  Total.  So you might have to screen yours, mav, to ensure that it only has the 12 colors maximum.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 12, 2009, 10:09:08 pm »
I preferred the one that's there right now because it's not so zoomed in on the face.

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 12, 2009, 10:14:28 pm »
As do I.

(I've been tossing around what the Belthasar conversation should be like in my head a bit, but it's not finished yet, and it's late. Blargh. Sleep soon. Sorry I haven't been on here recently, I've been caught up in other stuff.)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 12, 2009, 11:09:46 pm »
Oh, the portraits can have 15 colors. They're special.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #724 on: March 13, 2009, 12:25:53 am »
15? Hmm, I thought it was 16. Anyhow, it's cool guys, don't worry about it. This is really just an avatar fed through a program and then using Ayla's face coloring. However, it retains the general "dottiness" of the CT team's portraits--Justin's looks smooth, which is neat, but it's always looked different to the other portraits. That's just my opinion though, so whatever.

Anyhow, didn't mean to derail what we were discussing earlier--the script should be our main focus.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 13, 2009, 12:27:48 am »
It would be 16 but for the fact that one color is a transparency.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #726 on: March 13, 2009, 12:44:48 am »
Ah, interesting, interesting. According to the program it is leaving one color transparent. Anyhow, I haven't really verified whether or not that image is using 15 colors (it sure doesn't seem like it), but it might be. And it's actually pretty easy to mess with the coloration of these images--say I wanted to make her skin less pink or her hair bluer, it's all done quite simply.

But anyway...this had pretty much nothing to do with the project itself, so...

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 15, 2009, 05:28:39 am »
Agh, sorry I haven't posted the Belthasar scene by now. I've been a bit sad on the whole lately. I don't really know why. But I should be better soon.

I've planned it out a bit, and here's the Belthasar scene, finally:

(Right before Belthasar tells you to switch off the Nu)

Belthasar: And please... {delay 02} If you ever come across someone named '{8th}', please bring her here... {delay 01} I have an important message for her on the terminal in the previous room... {full break}

If you bring Schala to the computer screen in Keeper's Dome, the following scene plays out:

{8th}: What's this...? {null}

[System] VOICE COMMAND RECOGNIZED. EXECUTING PROGRAM. {null}

*light shines from the monitor to form a holographic Belthasar. The party runs in front of him*

*Schala: Surprised sprite*

{8th}: B, Belthasar!? {null}

{Marle}: What is that? A hologram? Did Belthasar make this? {null}
{Lucca}: Amazing, technology capable of such a realistic hologram...! {null}
{Robo}: It seems that Belthasar made a hologram of himself. {null}
{Frog}: What is this? It looks like Belthasar, but isn't... {delay 01} It must be an image generated by that computer. {null}
{Ayla}: That Belthasar? Look like have important message for {8th}. {null}
{Magus}: Belthasar...? {full break}
No, it's just an image of him... {delay 02} Though, he went out of his way to make something like this... {delay 01} How odd. {null}

*Schala: normal sprite*

Belthasar: Hello, {8th}. I've finally got around to creating this message for you, if you ever come here... {full break}
That time portal in Zeal sent me here, to this wasteland. It appears that Lavos awakened here and wreaked havoc upon the planet's surface. {full break}
But for what reason, I do not know. Perhaps it was instinct, or perhaps the thing is sentient and actively malicious. {full break}
The technology here is extremely advanced, however. I theorize this place to be in the far, far future. {delay 02} But, due to Lavos's devastation of the planet, food sources no longer exist. I am parched and starving... {delay 01} However, there is a machine here, which the surviving humans call an "Enertron", which seems to keep me alive, somehow... {delay 01} It doesn't keep my hunger and thirst at bay, though. {full break}
Due to the advanced technology in this place, I've managed to begin work on the Wings of Time. Yes, it's no longer just an idea, I may actually finish it! Perhaps, then, I can return... {delay 02} Home... {null}

*Schala: sad sprite*

{8th}: Belthasar... {null}

*Schala: normal sprite*

Belthasar: However, I doubt I will be able to finish it with my current health... {delay 01} I'm too weak, too frail... {delay 02} So I've decided to create a robotic replica of a Nu. I'm programming it now. If I die before I finish the Wings of Time, this robot will complete it with the instructions I'm going to give it. {full break}
However, I'm finding it harder and harder to work like this... {delay 02} I'm not sure how long I can keep doing this. It's hard to maintain my sanity... {full break}
Imagine that. The Guru of Reason, gone mad. {null}

{8th}: No... {delay 01} Belthasar...! {null}

Belthasar: And if you're seeing this, {8th}, I suppose it means I'm already gone... {full break}
I miss you so much, {8th}... {delay 01} And everyone else... {full break}
Maybe it won't all be for naught. Maybe I'll be able to return home... {full break}
Maybe. {null}

{8th}: ...... {null}

Belthasar: Well, I should get back to programming my Nu robot now... {delay 01} If I die before I finish programming it, all of my work will be wasted... {full break}
But before I go, I must ask one thing of you... {full break}
I sensed that there were some time travelers in this era a while back. Surely they will try to do something about the state this world is in. If so, after they prevent Lavos from devastating the planet, this future should be a bright and happy one, instead of... {delay 02} this. {full break}
In that bright future, one where I shouldn't die as quickly as here... {delay 02} Please, visit me... {full break}
I'd give anything to see your face again, {8th}... {null}

{8th}: ...Belthasar... {null}

Belthasar: But that's enough for now. I really need to get back to work... {full break}
Farewell, dearest {8th}... {null}

*the hologram fades*

*pause*

{8th}: It... {delay 01} It's just a dream, isn't it? P, please... {delay 02} Tell me... {delay 01} tell me this isn't real... {null}

*Schala falls to her knees*

{Marle}: {8th}... {full break}
When I first came here, I felt the same way... {delay 01} I was the one who decided we had to stop Lavos. {full break}
I know this is terrible, but we need to keep going. If we can defeat Lavos, then none of this will have ever happened! {null}
{Lucca}: {8th}... {delay 01} Don't just give up like this... {full break}
I know, it's awful... {delay 01} What happened here... {full break}
But if we don't defeat Lavos, this will all be for nothing. We have to. For the sake of everyone here... {null}
{Robo}: ...... {full break}
I... {delay 01} never saw the Day of Lavos. I was shut off before it erupted. {full break}
But when Lucca recharged me, and I saw the aftermath... {full break}
I felt the same way. That this couldn't possibly be happening... {full break}
But if we can defeat Lavos, we can save this place! {null}
{Frog}: Lady {8th}... {delay 01} Don't give up now... {full break}
I know that this is terrible, but it's what we're fighting for. We have the power to change it. And we will. {full break}
You have to stay strong, so we can defeat Lavos... {null}
{Ayla}: {8th} sad? {Ayla} understand... {delay 01}
Bad things, happen here... {Ayla} scared too, when see. {full break}
But if Lavos gone, then this place saved! Belthasar, saved too. {full break}
But {8th} need strength, to battle Lavos, safe future. {null}

*Schala gets up, and turns around to face the others*

{8th}: Thank you, everyone... {delay 02} You're right, I can't just give up... {delay 01} Everything will be better if I can defeat Lavos. {full break}
We have to continue... {delay 01} Then the future will be saved... {null}

*she turns to where Belthasar's hologram was*

{8th}: ...... {full break}
I'll come, Belthasar. I promise. {null}

Finally got that off my chest... I'll do what she says if she's seen all the Gurus next. That shouldn't be as hard. I need to look at her Lavos dialog beforehand, though, to see where it should go.

Edit: Found where it should go.

As an extension of her "you think you can get away with all the evil you've caused" line:

{8th}: I understand it now... {delay 01} You're not like some animal acting on instinct, you're actively evil...! {full break}
The Guru of Time in a timeless place, the Guru of Life a weaponsmith, and the Guru of Reason gone mad... {full break}
Do you think it's funny!? Is it some sadistic joke of yours!? You think you can just do all of this and think no one will care!? {full break}
Well, you can't! We'll show you... {delay 01} Not to play with a peoples' lives! {null}

Not sure if that flows 100% well and if it perfectly fits Schala, (she kind of...goes berserk... o_O) so please give feedback.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 05:41:23 am by Chocobo_Fan »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 15, 2009, 09:23:53 am »
Aw D:!  Well get better soon with all of that.  Those things are hard to get rid of once it hits you a bit.

I think it's good.  There maybe a few kinks but that's pretty damned good.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 15, 2009, 01:31:49 pm »
Yeah, I'm officially depressed, but I'm getting better at dealing with it... It sort of goes up and down. Right now I'm feeling better. But later, something will probably happen to make me feel "blargh" again. And then I'll get over it. And so on.

But yeah. Glad you like my script.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 15, 2009, 02:01:11 pm »
As far as I'm concerned, Schala has every damn reason to go berserk. Great job on those last scripts. :D

And I've been through depression streaks before. They suck, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 15, 2009, 03:03:07 pm »
I'm kind of with you Chocobo.  Idk if I'm "officially" depressed but I get massive waves of them every few days and it takes forever to get out of them.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 15, 2009, 09:46:02 pm »
Eh, it's okay. Thanks for your support, though.

And, uh, actually, I think I'm...DONE. O_O Other than the reactions for the LS, (which will doubtlessly sound cheesy, be forced, and just in general be a pain to do) I think all of her script is done.

Please tell me if you think I missed anything, but I'm pretty sure all my work is done.

...Which takes A LOT off my chest... *relieved sigh* Since I am EPIC FAIL at coding, spriting, etc., all I can do now is watch.

It does seem like this project is coming along pretty quickly, or at least the 8th character is. That's one of the major blockades in this, and once that's out of the way, it should be (comparatively) easy going from there.

I hope.

Well, good luck, guys! Hope this gets finished soon! :D

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 15, 2009, 09:54:06 pm »
I'll try to work on this more soon.  Lots of stuff going on plus I think I'm getting sick now.  The extreme warm weather we got down to extreme cold back to warm again is really fucking with me, so I think I might have caught something.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 15, 2009, 09:56:26 pm »
Ugh, I have a cold too, and I HATE IT. I hate being ill... All you can do is sit in bed and take medicine all day... :( My cold's not too bad though, I only have a stuffy nose, but it's still really annoying.

Well, sorry to hear that, Justin. I hope you get better soon! D: