Author Topic: Chrono Trigger - Schala Project (Community Project)  (Read 47298 times)

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger - Schala Project
« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2008, 11:10:02 pm »
Heavenly Tears? No no no no no. Like I said, the whole point is that Lavos is ripping apart the heavens and causing them to cry, thus the lightning bolts... Or something. Waaaay too evil for someone of the Chrono team to use.

Heavenly Peal though? o.O What's that one? And Dreambind? That doesn't exist... You must be thinking of Dreamreaver or the DD's attack "Devours dreams from a distant dimension".

Also, "Starfall" is taken as well. It's one of the DD's attacks. Nuts. It's like they knew about this project or something, and made new attacks to the names we came up with so we'd have to reorganize stuff...

Or maybe I'm just being paranoid. o.O

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2008, 12:52:44 am »
I was also thinking she needed a touch of Dark b/c of the Time Devourer. I think I said so earlier in the topic.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2008, 09:22:54 am »
Why? Like I said, I think it would make more sense to get her before the DD, then if you have her in your party you can get an extra scene after the battle where she gets sucked up by a black gate or something.

How about you give her some of the pendant's energy at the Ocean Palace so she has enough energy to teleport herself out as well? Justin can take it from there, I guess... (If he likes the idea)

mikeb123

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2008, 11:43:54 am »
Dreambind is the type of magic he uses when he uses stop. Its shown as dreambind: stop
And heavenly peal was a typo. How could Lavos tear apart heaven? And besides, why couldn' she just summon the tears of heaven? Also, the dd, like the time devourer taps into Schala's magic to make itself more powerful. Who's to say that some of the magic attacks aren't hers?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 11:50:15 am by mikeb123 »

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2008, 11:48:52 am »
How terrible was Starfall? Even though the DD uses it, it doesn't sound too malicious, right? I mean, maybe DD tapped into some Schala's spells or something--so wouldn't it be okay if some of DD's spells were ripped off a bit? 

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2008, 12:41:56 pm »
I never said Starfall was malicious, just that it was taken. It's called a "devastating physical attack" that can deal upwards of 700 damage to a single party member. In order to make new techs for Schala, you'd need to create an attack with a name...and I think that it may have issues with same-name attacks. :/ Of course, I don't have very much hacking experience myself, so I wouldn't know, but...

Dreambind: Stop? Does the DD use that? Because Lavos definitely doesn't. I checked in the Bestiary. He only has Dreamreaver. And Lavos can tear apart heaven because he's a godly parasite who's eating the planet from within? o.O I dunno. But that's what the name implies. He's causing the heavens to cry somehow.

And actually, yes, it makes sense for the DD to rip off some of Schala's spells. But unless CT doesn't have issues with identical tech names, we can't call it Starfall. (Or Holy Light, for that matter. Stupid Master-at-arms...)

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2008, 12:45:55 pm »
The VWF Menu patch will be applied to this.  Since that, you can have up to 17 letter names INCLUDING * on magic techs.

mikeb123

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2008, 01:58:40 pm »
It doesn't have to imply that it is making the heavens cry. It is stated as heanenly tears, not heaven's tears. It could even imply that it is so divine that it is heavenly. And in my bestiary, dd's techs are listed as ???.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2008, 01:25:28 am »
Bumped so that it doesn't die.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2008, 08:47:58 am »
It's not dieing.  It's being made into another project ~_~

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2008, 10:49:50 am »
Ah, OK. Didn't know. My bad.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2008, 06:15:19 pm »
Huh? What project is it being remade into? o.O

Oh, and here are some tech ideas that are probably really stupid, but I'll throw them out there anyway... (Keep in mind that to keep up the pattern, Schala needs three dual techs with each party member, and one triple tech with each party combination)

Crono & Schala: Light Sword (Starfall + Cleave)

Crono & Schala: Light Sword II (Comet + Frenzy)

Crono & Schala: Heavenly Peal (This was stemmed from the Heavenly Tears idea. Same animation as that. Lightning + Holy Light, or Lightning + Comet if that's too powerful)

Janus & Schala: Twilight Bomb (Starfall + Dark Bomb, non-elemental; Schala calls down stars that are encased in Janus's Dark Bomb. As it explodes, the stars spread out with a flash)

Janus & Schala: Twilight Blast (Comet + Dark Mist, non-elemental; Janus summons his Dark Mist, but it stays in the center of the screen while Schala summons her Comet. When they collide, a huge explosion and flash occurs)

Janus & Schala: Divine Seal (Guardian + Dark Bomb, inflicts low damage on all enemies but causes status ailments)

Crono, Janus, Schala: Gaia's Dream (Luminaire + Dark Matter + Holy Light. Before you go "OMG THIS IS GOING TO BE WAY TOO POWERFUL!!!", it should require a difficult-to-get gemstone, perhaps Rainbow Gemstone. This is stemmed from the Dreamreaver idea, thus "Dream" in the name. Non-elemental; Janus summons a pyramid of Dark Matter similar to Lavos's pyramid-like thing he creates with Dreamreaver, only black. Right as it closes, Crono summons Luminaire, trapping the green orb of holy light stuff inside the pyramid. Then, Schala casts Holy Light, causing the pyramid to glow white and explode)

...That's all I have right now. Sorry if they seem like crazy ideas, my imagination goes crazy sometimes when I make up ideas like this. -.-;

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2008, 06:45:53 pm »
Holy shit, you should be the Tech designer in the next Chrono game! (IDK if that's Brake or not)

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2008, 07:02:24 pm »
You don't think they're dumb? Thanks! :) I still need to think of tons more, though... Hm...

Oh, and for the Light-elemental spellcasting animation, (You know, the little animation that appears depending on the element of the spell, like the fire that swirls around the character before they cast a fire spell) perhaps it could be similar to the sparkles that appear when casting healing magic, only pure white instead of golden/silver? Tell me what you think of that idea.

But anyway, new tech ideas:

Marle & Schala: Temporal Guardian (Haste + Guardian, Casts Barrier, Protect, and Haste on all party members)

Robo & Schala: Cure Light (Cure + Heal Beam)

Robo & Schala: Light-speed Fist (Starfall + Rapid-fire Fist, Light; Robo prepares to perform Rapid-fire Fist, but waits until Schala casts Starfall on him. He glows white, then as he punches, the screen flashes. Robo doesn't seem to have moved, although punching animation appears over the enemy)

Lucca & Schala: Flash Bang (Napalm Bomb + Starfall, attacks enemies in a circle with Light, possibly causes blindness too or something)

Lucca & Schala: Flash Bang II (Megaton Bomb + Comet, attacks all enemies with Light and causes blindness; Lucca tosses her bomb up into the air, and Schala has her Comet spell collide with it, causing a bright explosion)

Marle, Ayla, Schala: Prisim Kick (Ice + Starfall + Triple Kick, Shadow; Marle casts Ice on Ayla as she rushes up, then as she comes down, ice forms. Schala then casts Starfall, turning the ice block to shine like a prism, then shatter)

That's all for now. I'll try to come up with more. Other people can try to design some if they want too. Right now we need:

2 dual techs with Marle

1 dual tech with Robo

1 dual tech with Lucca

3 dual techs with Glenn

3 dual techs with Ayla

Triple tech with Crono and Marle

Triple tech with Crono and Lucca

Triple tech with Crono and Robo

Triple tech with Crono and Glenn

Triple tech with Crono and Ayla

Triple tech with Marle and Lucca

Triple tech with Marle and Robo

Triple tech with Marle and Glenn

Triple tech with Lucca and Robo

Triple tech with Lucca and Glenn

Triple tech with Lucca and Ayla

Triple tech with Robo and Glenn

Triple tech with Robo and Ayla

Triple tech with Glenn and Ayla

Also, an animation idea for Guardian: Schala forms the red pyramid she used to seal the Gate on a party member, then a sort of combination of Barrier and Protect happens. (the green orbs condense on the character while the large yellow circle appears, then the ending animation of Barrier occurs) You can look in Rox's thread if you want animation ideas for the three Light techs. (I gave ideas for all three of them, I think)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 07:15:44 pm by Chocobo_Fan »

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2008, 07:47:47 pm »
How...possible is this stuff? I mean, that's a shitload of techs, can they even be implemented easily? And what about creating animations? All that has to be hand done, right?

I don't want to be the pessimistic bastard, but we shouldn't forget the reality principle here. (BTW, those tech ideas were pretty neat, well done.)