Author Topic: D&D thread: What alignment are you?  (Read 4720 times)

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
D&D thread: What alignment are you?
« on: June 11, 2008, 01:45:32 am »
I was just curious what alignments the local Compendium populace holds(don't be afraid to put evil, no ones judging. :wink:) For those who are not familiar with the D&D alignment systems, check these two links to find out:
Definitions
Quiz

I, myself, hold a True Neutral alignment with good and/or chaotic tendencies.

A few predictions:
ZeaLity: True Neutral
Lord J esq.:Lawful Neutral
V_Translanka: Lawful Evil
Thought: Neutral Good
Faustwolf: Neutral Good(Lawful Tendencies)
Nightmare975: Chaotic Neutral
x_XTactX_x: Chaotic Good
There are a few others, but I'm not quite sure of them just yet...

So post your alignment and a little synopsis.

Edit: added personal tendencies.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 03:23:56 am by BROJ »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: D&D thread: What alignment are you?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 01:50:29 am »
Ah, yes. The only thing that's keeping me from being a goodie-two-shoes is the fact that I've been viciously violating Square Enix's copyrights every day of my life for almost a year now. Though that is also the case for just about everyone else here.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 01:55:16 am »
I got a "Neutral" alignment. I don't know what to put as a synopsis.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 02:59:12 am »

I normally play as chaotic neutral, but I myself an more chaotic good in person.

Zaulche

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 03:04:08 am »
FaustWolf, remember that law also applies to your morals and code of honor and not just following the laws of a government. In the game a Monk is considered a lawful character because of the dedication and discipline it takes, but this is all internal and self inflicted, having nothing to do with following the laws of another man.

As for myself, I generally fall into the Lawful Neutral category. I have a strong code of ethics that I work hard to uphold, and I generally look at everything involving a situation before I take action, generally dealing with facts and not emotion.

However, when I play many RPGs I have a tendency to play a Neutral Good character, someone who helps others as much as they can without regard to following or breaking rules. I wonder why that is.

Kebrel, nice visual interpretation.

Patchy

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 03:44:26 am »
LN :D

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 03:57:28 am »
Yes, it seems from the quiz that I'm True Neutral. I've got my ideals, my passions, and my dreams, and my own ethical judgment.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 04:55:57 am »
I took a D&D alignment test not terribly long ago. I was surprised by the result: True Neutral. I would not have expected that. (By D&D standards, I most closely affiliate with Lawful Evil.)

What I think happened is that I broke the test. D&D alignments are nice for D&D, but they aren't representative of all human dispositions. Neither of the conventional explanations for a True Neutral alignment applies to me. Many of the questions in the test forced me to make inaccurate statements about myself.

When I first played D&D, my campaign mates were all, without fail, Chaotic Good. To this day, it has always seemed strange to me when people (other than myself) play anything else.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 09:57:30 am »
Lawful Neutral.  Bit surprised there as I always end up Chaotic Good in computer games that involve this stuff.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 11:37:26 am »
Huh, I would have thought I come across as Lawful Good. At least, I think I generally place a heavy emphasis on right methodology. But I have generally thought the 3.x interpretation of lawful was a bit ... flawed. That is one of the reasons I like the 4th edition alignment system; now Lawful Good doesn't have to follow evil or corrupt laws.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 12:20:48 pm »
Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Chaotic Evil.

I got Chaotic Evil, Eh, sounds like me. But it's more along the line of when I have a nervous breakdown and I begin to destroy everything in sight.

x_XTacTX_x

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 12:29:41 pm »
Great Prediction, BROJ; I ended up Chaotic Good.

It's true though, I really don't care if people don't accept me or not, but I hate seeing people get treated badly. I believe that justice should be upheld but that Governments aren't doing a good job with it; Not that it should be more strict, but that the superiors of this world need to be knocked down a peg or two.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 08:28:17 pm »
I am not a D&D player, but I am Lawful Good.

Lawful Good

A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. She combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. She tells the truth, keeps her word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion.

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

Keep in mind the alignment suggested by the quiz is just that: a suggestion. It describes your character no better than a 36-question test would describe you. But it’s a good way to start thinking about how your character acts when confronted with issues of alignment.

Now that your character has taken the test, make a note of which questions scored in the opposite direction from your overall alignment. These exceptions can tell some interesting tales about your character Are you a good character with a greedy streak? Are you a lawful character who can’t stand the village elders? Don’t just roleplay your alignment -- roleplay your alignment exceptions, too. Few characters perfectly embody their alignment choice.

And according to Kebrel's chart, I'm the dudes from Hot Fuzz!  ALL RIGHT!

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 08:58:10 pm »
Neutral Good

A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 09:08:24 pm »
I took the test and got this: