Author Topic: D&D thread: What alignment are you?  (Read 4798 times)

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: D&D thread: What alignment are you?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 09:20:01 pm »
^-- Lol'd

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 09:51:37 pm »
Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Chaotic Neutral.

Chaotic Neutral

A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn’t strive to protect others’ freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. The chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). The common phrase for chaotic neutral is "true chaotic." Remember that the chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom both from society’s restrictions and from a do-gooder’s zeal.

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

hehehehehe funny huh....yep that's me.....I guess.....

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 12:20:53 am »
Quote from: BROJ
A few predictions:
V_Translanka: Lawful Evil

Nope, Neutral Good, sorry! I mostly do good...unless I can get away with something...^_^

Reminds me of this thing, though...http://www.mypersonality.info/

I'm
Extraverted, iNtuition, Feeling, Perceiving - The Advocate...Hooray!...?

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 12:54:07 am »
Heh, though I've never played it... I took the test and... Neutral Good. Hm, yeah, guess that's that.

By the way, I did that 'personality test' thing that you had a picture of there, and I got what's supposedly an INTP (Engineer) type personality. Yay!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 01:01:36 am by Daniel Krispin »

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 09:43:15 am »
Blah, you have to make an account.  But by reading up on the types, I would fall into the Protector group.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 05:26:21 pm »
Oddly, I've 'landed' in every category from Lawful Good to Chaotic Evil at least once in my life for varying periods of time, but recently I've 'settled' down into the northeast corner of True Neutral as I see, personally, that balance in everything is essential. Take, for instance, Society vs. the Individual; too much selfishness(evil) and there can be no society, too much selflessness(good) and there can be no individual. And Society(i.e. Government) in and of itself, cannot operate if there is too many laws(self-explanatory) and likewise will not operate if there is a lack thereof(chaos).

Alright, I got three right, yay! :D Now, for addendums and retries.

Personally, I feel that representing a personality modus as 2-D grid is rather flawed and that a third dimension should be added. That dimension being style of action, that is to say being either aggressive, passive-aggressive, or passive in alignment. All-in-all I'd say I'm somewhere in between 'Aggressive' and 'Passive-Aggressive' True Neutral(tendencies to chaotic and/or good).
Yes, it seems from the quiz that I'm True Neutral. I've got my ideals, my passions, and my dreams, and my own ethical judgment.
To complete your alignment: 'Aggressive' True Neutral.

I took a D&D alignment test not terribly long ago. I was surprised by the result: True Neutral. I would not have expected that. (By D&D standards, I most closely affiliate with Lawful Evil.)

What I think happened is that I broke the test. D&D alignments are nice for D&D, but they aren't representative of all human dispositions. Neither of the conventional explanations for a True Neutral alignment applies to me. Many of the questions in the test forced me to make inaccurate statements about myself.

When I first played D&D, my campaign mates were all, without fail, Chaotic Good. To this day, it has always seemed strange to me when people (other than myself) play anything else.
I put you as Lawful Neutral(with a slight tendency to evil) as you are very orderly and don't seem to see actions as good or evil, but rather useful or useless. That said, I'd say your complete alignment would, in my perspective, be 'Passive-Aggressive' Lawful Neutral(i.e. the subtle 'anti-villain') as you like to let things 'play out' and interject only when needed.

Nope, Neutral Good, sorry! I mostly do good...unless I can get away with something...^_^
In hindsight, I suppose your right, but 'Passive' Neutral Good.

Huh, I would have thought I come across as Lawful Good. At least, I think I generally place a heavy emphasis on right methodology. But I have generally thought the 3.x interpretation of lawful was a bit ... flawed. That is one of the reasons I like the 4th edition alignment system; now Lawful Good doesn't have to follow evil or corrupt laws.
The reason I set you as Neutral Good is that you tend to see a good amount of things as neither yes nor no, but in the gray(a good example of yours being able to point out false dichotomies) and tend to do things for the good of others. Taking that into consideration, I'd say you're 'Passive-Aggressive' Neutral Good.

Ah, yes. The only thing that's keeping me from being a goodie-two-shoes is the fact that I've been viciously violating Square Enix's copyrights every day of my life for almost a year now. Though that is also the case for just about everyone else here.
Not sure, but 'Passive' Neutral Good(tendencies to Lawful).

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Chaotic Evil.

I got Chaotic Evil, Eh, sounds like me. But it's more along the line of when I have a nervous breakdown and I begin to destroy everything in sight.
Hmmm... I don't know, I still see you as Chaotic Neutral, addendumed: 'Aggressive' Chaotic Neutral.

Great Prediction, BROJ; I ended up Chaotic Good.

It's true though, I really don't care if people don't accept me or not, but I hate seeing people get treated badly. I believe that justice should be upheld but that Governments aren't doing a good job with it; Not that it should be more strict, but that the superiors of this world need to be knocked down a peg or two.
To complete your alignment: 'Aggressive' Chaotic Good.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 07:57:25 am by BROJ »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 01:23:14 pm »
The reason I set you as Neutral Good is that you tend to see a good amount of things as neither yes nor no, but in the gray(a good example of yours being able to point out false dichotomies) and tend to do things for the good of others. Taking that into consideration, I'd say you're 'Passive-Aggressive' Neutral Good.

Actually, the quiz pegged me at Neutral Good too. And yes, I am probably very Passive-Aggressive.

However, I would debate the claim that I see things as grey. It is just that I sometimes see things has having more than one wrong answer and if we only argue between two options, we might just be arguing between the wrong options ;) Though I don't mean for the "false dichotomy" bit (which I didn't realize I do so often until you pointed it out) to be a trump or anything like that.

Hmmm... I wonder, is it possible to see an evil amount of things as neither yes nor no?

Oddly, I've 'landed' in every category from Lawful Good to Chaotic Evil at least once in my life for varying periods of time, but recently I've 'settled' down into the northeast corner of True Neutral as I see, personally, that balance in everything is essential. Take, for instance, Society vs. the Individual; too much selfishness(evil) and there can be no society, too much selflessness(good) and there can be no individual. And Society(i.e. Government) in and of itself, cannot operate if there is too many laws(self-explanatory) and likewise will not operate if there is a lack thereof(chaos).

I agree with you quite alot there, actually, though I'd debate that selflessness equals a lack of individuality (though if this were a dichotomy between self-centered and community-centered, then aye). Probably again why I'm neutral, but all I know is that my gut says maybe.

Still, there is a question I just have to ask you: What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 12:09:03 am »
However, I would debate the claim that I see things as grey. It is just that I sometimes see things has having more than one wrong answer and if we only argue between two options, we might just be arguing between the wrong options ;) Though I don't mean for the "false dichotomy" bit (which I didn't realize I do so often until you pointed it out) to be a trump or anything like that.
Now, now Thought, that was a compliment, not a criticism. I meant that in the sense that you have a knack for seeing things 'outside the box'. And by trump I meant an invaluable tool.

Hmmm... I wonder, is it possible to see an evil amount of things as neither yes nor no?
Naw, 'course this is coming from someone with a neutral affinity.

I agree with you quite alot there, actually, though I'd debate that selflessness equals a lack of individuality (though if this were a dichotomy between self-centered and community-centered, then aye). Probably again why I'm neutral, but all I know is that my gut says maybe.
The statement was of survival and not of individuality. Nevertheless, you would agree a person needs to make a living to survive and a society, sacrifice; right?

Still, there is a question I just have to ask you: What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?
A false 'quadrachotomy'? :) I've 'grown' into this alignment out of a quest for wisdom.

Avalon

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The Once and Future King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2008, 04:11:09 pm »
Neutral Good, though I'm a low good. I'll put myself before others, unless it's the greatest good.