Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 485452 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #6195 on: October 03, 2011, 09:24:52 am »
Feeling ignored and unwanted by people I like.

w00t.  Story of my life.
You're not alone to feel that way -- that's the harsh reality of humanity as whole, and I've been a victim to such feeling as well. Rather, I've learned not to care too much.

Take from a different perspective, and I either give them space or I try to find the flaws in my own character that makes ignore and try to correct them. It's hard to admit our faults, though sometimes their detachment isn't really our fault but of something else. Either it's them, or it could be nobody's apparently (i.e.; situation may be to blame, not the person).

I can understand that your background has caused more harm to you than anybody else, even if you want to put the past behind and forge a better future. But hell, as Z said, life's too short to worry, and eventually it become too easy for me to throw away my despair and frustration out the window (blame the SoY). When you put up a big smile you're attracted to seemingly endless, unpredictable odds that you never knew existed. And you live!

In that spirit, sometimes it helps to give and not to try to obtain. Might sound stupid, but some of us have found that empathy, generosity and love (especially when you don't expect any to be returned), even if you aren't the kind of person, help keep us happy. Why? Because it dictates that you've done something good.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 09:28:55 am by tushantin »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: October 03, 2011, 09:04:45 pm »
My wife and I tried to sell some old dishes we had on Amazon. Our set had been discontinued a few years ago, so they were actually worth a decent amount. I am not sure what that USPS is doing to our packages, but despite good, solid packing and labels indicating fragile contents, so far no package has gotten to its destination with even a single item unbroken. This isn't even as simple as the box having had a single good drop, no. I assure you that we did not mail things in cardboard spheres: alas, that is what they look like upon their arrival. It is clear that the packages have been forcefully dropped on numerous occasions. Luckily we've insured each, but there is no guarantee that our claims will be approved. On a few items, even if the insurance claim is approved, we will then only break even because Amazon essentially forced us to take a loss on the original sale anyways (they don't allow sellers to charge a reasonable amount for shipping). Really, the only party who comes out ahead is Amazon, since they keep their cut of the original sale no matter the outcome.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6197 on: October 05, 2011, 09:54:26 am »
I abhor my eproject and its stupid, boring demands! I shouldn't complain, since it's easy, but...

Also, I always prided myself to be infallible when it came to zeal. I'm always the most zealous and enthusiastic individuals you'll ever meet, thinking 24/7 and inspired by everything I perceive, always having a plan beyond a plan if I ever conquer what's before me. And I've been building enough zest since over a month now, hoping to finish my eproject so I can apply newer methods to Polar Detective and another creative idea, but...

...all the energy suddenly drained away at one single fucking moment. I've become a lifeless corpse, and I simply don't know where to begin. Reason? *sigh* ....Infatuation.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6198 on: October 07, 2011, 04:51:27 pm »

:?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: October 07, 2011, 06:40:16 pm »
Love. Love is simultaneously overrated and underappreciated. I think most people don't really know what it is.

Our culture paints love as the strongest power in the universe, superior to everything, and the ultimate expression of good. It is none of those things.

It's like saying that Yellow is the best color of the rainbow. It kind of misses the point.

What love is, and what many people apparently don't perceive, is a unique expression of attachment to the experiences of, and characters in, one's life. Love is as priceless as all of the great emotions, if one aspires to live fully.

But it isn't a superhero.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: October 08, 2011, 01:35:56 am »
I sent this message to my bank:

Dear Bank of America,

I have been your customer for a couple of years now. I know I have provided you with little profit, but I am a customer in good standing nevertheless.

Your decision to impose a $5 monthly fee for the use of my debit card is not acceptable. The fees you were charging merchants for the use of debit cards were also not acceptable. When the Congress curtailed them, you decided to make your customers pay the difference. Since it looks like the Congress won’t be able to act in a similar fashion this time, I am taking it upon myself to express my displeasure.

The CEO spoke about Bank of America’s right to make a profit. That’s true, BofA has the right. But the bank already makes a profit, in part because it saves a considerable amount of money when BofA customers use their debit cards instead of personal checks. Exactly how much these savings amount to, the bank’s spokespeople will not disclose. I imagine that if the information were disclosed, it would undercut the stated rationale behind this $5 fee.

Too well aware am I that the only thing I possess which matters to you is my money, so consider this: I have already opened a checking account with another financial institution. I will use their debit card instead of yours. You will not collect the $5 fee from me.

I have recently begun to save money in my BofA savings account. I still have money in it. If Bank of America reverses its decision to impose the $5 monthly debit card fee, and continues to provide free checking and savings accounts to low-balance customers like me, I might keep my money there. If not, I will definitely find a better place for it. After all, it is my money. The bank ought to be paying me for the privilege of holding it, yet any account or card fee instantly erases what meager yield of interest I might accrue.

I am sorry to be political, but the BofA leadership is utterly and totally oblivious to the economic realities that the ordinary people of our country are facing. This has been a very good ten years for bank executives and top shareholders...but not so much for the rest of us. I don’t appreciate being fleeced even when the times are good. When they are bad, the greed is inexcusable. I only hope enough customers complain that it makes a difference.

Sincerely,

[Lord J Esq.]

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: October 08, 2011, 02:45:14 am »
After bragging to someone earlier this week about how I've got super-duper time management skills, I then proceeded to unwisely spend the rest of the week's time. Heh, whoops...

Well, lesson learned. I'll have to make up for my unwise choices tomorrow!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6202 on: October 08, 2011, 07:49:54 am »
Don't you just love it when Josh tries to undermine you like you owe him money? The guy sent me a PM just to tell me what kind of an idiot I am (and he missed at all the attributions he aimed at me). It's cute! It's like gift-wrapping someone an insult, or specially paying a hefty amount to post "Fucktard" on a billboard. At first I always saw him criticizing logically, but now I'm not so sure: apparently his emotions got the better of him and he'd outright antagonize anyone out of sheer prejudice.

Boy, if only I could counter him. If he's a troll then I'm a King of bullies, but this forum isn't a battlefield. Anyone else can feel free to deal with him; this guy just isn't worth my time anymore.

P.S.: This one's for you, Josh. Enjoy that bubble of pride and self-delusion if you feel incredibly comfy in there. I ain't gonna poke it with a stick anymore.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 07:55:04 am by tushantin »

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: October 08, 2011, 08:21:09 am »
Uh, tush?  I understand your frustration and all, I really do, and I'm sorry about what happened, but all of this "I'm frustrated with so-and-so" on the board is really rather passive-aggressive.  If you have an issue with Josh, take it up with him.  Or just brush it off of your shoulder.  Or confide in an IRL friend.  Or just simply take your own advice and not use your time on him anymore.  Talking about it on here is rather immature.

And I am not just aiming this at you.  Other people have done this as well.  If any of you have a problem with someone, talk to them.  Don't post about it for everyone to see.  It could potentially cause a LOT of unnecessary drama.

We're all (for the most part) adults here.  Let's act like adults.  Let's be mature and not passive-aggressive.  Let's take up our grievances with each other in private, instead of posting them publicly.  I've been lambasted publicly on this site by three people (I'm not going to mention their names, and none of them frequent the forum anymore), but I didn't post my issues about it here because I wanted to take the higher road.  I either contacted them in private, or ignored them outright because they didn't deserve my time and energy.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 08:28:25 am by Sajainta »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6204 on: October 08, 2011, 08:58:57 am »
I thought about it, and I'm sorry. Yeah, I probably should have hesitated before posting that. But with this guy, I just can't give a rat's ass anymore. Plus, it's not like I said anything inaccurate.

P.S.: It was also a rant. Feel free to ignore the post.

EDIT: Wait a second, I don't get it. How does THIS GUY get to antagonize or falsely accuse everyone in public then?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 09:03:56 am by tushantin »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6205 on: October 08, 2011, 12:57:00 pm »
Brand new, shiny frustration.

Rendering...

AAAARGHSONUVA&^%*^&^%$(&*^(*&)(&%^&%*&)(*&!!!! :o

Bane of every 3D artist. Not only does it take too long, but also squeezes every juice out of the CPU. Wish I had an unbiased GPU renderer. Didn't even use Ambiance Occlusion, Global Illumination, Final Gathering, etc.  :cry:

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: October 08, 2011, 07:47:33 pm »
The worst part is that my PM to tush was an attempt to explain why I've been giving him the cold shoulder lately...trying to balance my personal frustration with him and a feeling of social conscientiousness as to what role I might have played in causing the problem. It looks like all I did was get under his skin. Some good deeds meet only antipathy, which is frustrating but common enough in life that I'm getting used to it.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6207 on: October 08, 2011, 08:01:44 pm »
I need to sleep and this wretched rendering STILL isn't done! :picardno

@Nobody_in_particular: Also, isn't it weird that the reason people give behind "Why I'm giving you a cold shoulder/knee/elbow" is usually an enveloped equivalent to "You're an idiot?" I've been observing this trend everywhere these days, and people seem to insist that "they didn't mean it". I mean come on...

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: October 09, 2011, 06:23:19 am »
I went to a party Friday night with D and some friends.  I only knew two people there but meh, the people were friendly and there was plenty of social lubricant involved.

Anyway.

Some guy ended up sitting next to me on the couch and asked me "So...you're a feminist and an atheist, yeah?"  I agreed, and he then proceeded to say::

"If you're a feminist why are you in a relationship?"
"If you're an atheist, why do you celebrate Christmas?"

The stupid.  I could not handle it.

:picardno

Crono666

• Guardian (+100)
  • Queen Zeal is best Waifu
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #6209 on: October 09, 2011, 06:27:45 am »
The stupid.  I could not handle it.