Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 485451 times)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5895 on: May 23, 2011, 02:21:46 am »
It's a sad day when a good, intelligible forum is attacked by spammers who think they're funny.

:roll:

Agreed.  They could never live up to the hilarity that is My Immortal anyway.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5896 on: May 23, 2011, 10:10:16 am »
Ah, Christ! This is what happens when I wait (not the spam thing, but my own mental capabilities). About the rapture, about the people's mindsets on apocalypse, about anticipation and significance of events, etc. I had built up such good insights about all of those, and by the time I come back to work to get access to the internet and just to share it, I... forgot.

WHAT THE #*&^*&%#*&_*%&t(& -GOOSE!!!

If only I could remember those huge walls of text and chains of thought like Lord J. People in RL tell me I have a lot of things in my head. I tell them it isn't enough.

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5897 on: May 23, 2011, 08:38:33 pm »
I got ahold of some DA points (Deviantart currency) by getting ride of my old and neglected chickensmoothie critters. I thought the DA points were worth more, but apparently I don't have enough points to buy something from the DA shop, and now I feel silly because I don't know what to do with them, few artists accept Point Commissions. Maybe I should just wait and save the points until I can afford a print or something nice.

The Princess

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: May 23, 2011, 09:44:53 pm »
willow stole my fjcuking swtet. :picardno

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5899 on: May 24, 2011, 07:55:08 am »
WHAT THE #$%&!!!!

THEY RESCHEDULED MY EXAMS AGAIN! FIRST WEEK OF JUNE!!  :evil:

*tears books and clothes apart, jumps out the window*

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5900 on: May 24, 2011, 03:08:19 pm »
*tears books and clothes apart, jumps out the window*
Err...*sets up trampoline outside window really quickly*?

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: May 24, 2011, 05:15:11 pm »
Yeah, finals are frustrating. One of my teachers has decided that everyone in his mixed earth science class will take the final that seniors get, then the underclassmen will have a second final, covering everything that the seniors missed. But I'm a senior, so I don't care!

There's this... this thing on my leg. I'm not sure what it is. I've had it for a while, it's raised, brown, and it hurts. I'm worried about it...

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5902 on: May 24, 2011, 06:20:08 pm »
You should check out that with a Doc, Bard_of_Time, Internet is the worst place to look for medical support.

I actually googled your sympthom, with the intention of giving you a more useful response, and I got "melanoma" in the first result :|  Internet is just bad like that. I really don't think it's a melanoma, but get that checked out, okay?

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: May 24, 2011, 08:42:59 pm »
I've seen a dude around the comedy clubs going on about self - diagnosis on the internet.  It was absolutely hysterical.  Going from a common cold to hell-bent sickness etc etc etc.  I wouldn't trust it a whole lot, but maybe a good laugh can help

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: May 24, 2011, 09:06:51 pm »
Yeah, a doctor plan is in the works. Melanoma does actually make sense, and that's why I'm so damned nervous about it. I remember in a health class, the health teacher specifically pointed me out as a risk for skin cancer. Pale skin, blonde hair, blue eyes, and he's familiar with the rest of my family. Alex had serious freckles in high school, and I've since grown out of them.

But I'm not worrying right now. ... well, yes I am, but I'm not going to get myself into a dither about it. I'm going to calm myself, play some video games, because what can I do right now? Diddly squat. ... except maybe cut it out. ... which would make it worse, in regards to pain.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: May 24, 2011, 10:35:43 pm »
I really miss my freckles.  :/  They went away when I was ten, when I moved to Scotland.  That might've had something to do with it.  :P

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: May 24, 2011, 11:23:05 pm »
Well if you have access to liquid nitrogen, you could always burn the thing off yourself.

... Okay, maybe I have been hanging around researchers too much.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: May 25, 2011, 01:31:38 am »
Bard_of_Time, I'd hate to encourage consternation, but please don't hesitate to make an appointment with a dermatologist and get that removed. The only way to cure melanoma is to nip it while it's in situ.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5908 on: May 25, 2011, 02:09:24 am »
People talking about God in regards to catastrophes is frustrating. This tornado outbreak has spawned the usual Bible Belt religious nuttery. Everyone should watch that Youtube video of people enduring the Joplin, MO EF-4 tornado from inside a convenience store freezer; the sound of shredding wind is horrific, and the humanity is palpable.

But it's drastically fucked by prayer. "Heavenly father! Jesus! Jesus!" Oh yes, God will save you from the tornado! Nevermind that this all-powerful God let the fucking tornado HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE. This kind of bullshit, stupid reasoning comes up whenever there's a tragedy A man falls from a skyscraper and lives? Praise Jesus! Though praising Loki would be more apt, since Jesus apparently had the itch to throw the man off the skyscraper in the first place. An earthquake massacres an entire town, but a baby survives? Praise Jesus! Nevermind that He allowed this earthquake to kill hundreds; this baby that survived is surely evidence of His divine hand!

It's the same stupid bullshit with prayer in general. "God has a Plan of Salvation! The Lord works in mysterious ways." Yeah, that's fine and good until you fucking want something. Oh no, your relative is dying! Time to pray, in effect doubting God's plan and preempting Him with your own selfish desires! But never fear, God answers prayers. Any sports fan would tell you that. Oh, especially sports fans. You can count on God to win the big game for the home team, even while prayers for relieving starving, emaciated, AIDS-stricken children in undeveloped countries go totally unanswered.

Fuck magical thinking. Fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it. Fuck all exploded theorems and failed hypotheses about wonderful phenomena. Religion and spirituality have got to fucking go. Bury them under the sands of the Sahara and forget them. There is no God. There is no Allah. There is no Yahweh. There is no Elohim. There is no divine Buddha. There is no Shiva. There is only the universe, something more majestic than a bunch of Dark Age druids across time and culture dreamed up for solace in the cold.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 02:15:31 am by ZeaLitY »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: May 25, 2011, 05:47:32 am »
"My Freckles Left Me in Scotland" would be a good song.