Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 491443 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5655 on: March 24, 2011, 09:21:39 am »
Intractable nausea is bad enough, but why does this malarkey always seem to happen at night when I'm tired and want to be asleep?

Or will this bout spread to the light hours too? This one is more persistent than what follows an overzealous repast, and sunrise is not far off. Could MISANTHROPIC MICROBES be to blame?

On the plus side, this is a great way to effect a desired phase shift in my sleeping schedule.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: March 24, 2011, 08:29:46 pm »
So today I recieved the last of my grades for the partial. Overall they're still around the same averages as usuals, which is okay since they're among the highest of the class anyway, but among them was something of a first for me... failing an exam (and since it was 50% of the grade, there goes that half down the drain...).

:picardno

Not just a failure, it was the one (well, tied with someone else) with the lowest grade, and said grade was an almost-0. Worse thing is, that the teacher of that subject took everyone off-guard because at the last second, that being when he was handing out the exams, he mentioned the contents of the exam were (not totally, but it was still coming-from-left-field type of) unrelated to what he had been repeating this whole time about what we had to study.

:picardno :picardno :picardno

And not just that, we have been working in teams of 3 on a project that would span the whole semester, and we had to present what we had until now on the day of the exam. And he even had the nerve to say he did us a favor since he wasn't originally going to grade the ones done by teams who weren't made up by 4 people, and as such, be an automatic failure. Excuse me? didn't he himself had said weeks before the teams HAD to be of 3? Fortunetly this wasn't as bad for me, because since we're 28 in class and that meant the leftover, which happened to be me, go figure, had to get into an existign team, so we were a team of 4 anyway, and appearantly a few did were grouped in 4's but still, most of the class was in teams of 3's and even 2's so that would've been almost 2/3 of the group failing if not it's so...

:picardno :picardno :picardno :picardno :picardno

I hate this, this is way much worse than 4 semesters ago when we had that same teacher on a different subject. I know he was VERY strict and had practically his own way of doing things than the rest of the teachers... but this was too much to bear...

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5657 on: April 02, 2011, 01:28:50 pm »
why do I have to live in this city? dammit dammit dammit ...sigh, nothing new. Something just reminded me how frustating this is at times  :picardno

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: April 02, 2011, 03:11:38 pm »
Licawolf! Come here to the states!

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5659 on: April 02, 2011, 03:42:46 pm »
why do I have to live in this city? dammit dammit dammit ...sigh, nothing new. Something just reminded me how frustating this is at times  :picardno
Boo's sort of right, Licawolf.  :( I never thought you lived at Mexico, but I also can't believe things like that haven't stopped yet. Drug dealers, or worse people than that, are remorseless folks who'd kill their own mothers for a penny. Try moving to the States. If you can't, or if for some reason won't, I guess you already know the details of safety as specified in that page.

Be safe!  :o

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5660 on: April 02, 2011, 08:38:20 pm »
Thanks guys... Oh well, I really wish I could go to the states, but I just can't. It's not impossible, but it's very very difficult... The situation in the country is very focalized, it's not the whole country, but I happen to live in a particularly problematic city (because it's a very industrious city, full of job opportunities...it's mentioned twice in the article I linked  :| )  and the political and economical situations keep us trapped here, unable to do anything. Me and some colleagues, as college students,  used to think we could make a difference and relieve the situation with our ideas "oh! let's keep people away from drugs by creating job opportunities, give them more education!"... but our juvenile efforts did not ended well... sigh, I got my lesson after I got accidentally trapped in a shootout (the scariest 5 minutes in my whole life!). Nowadays I just try to be safe, live my life and keep away from any potential problems, but still sometimes the fear is omnipresent... it sounds terrible, but people get used to it. People get used to anything  :?

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: April 02, 2011, 10:07:44 pm »
I've known some very nice people who technically happen to have been drug dealers. Its not the dealers you wan to watch out for, it's the higher-ups. And you're not likely to just bump into someone like that and know what they're involved in. I was caught in a shootout once too when I went to school in a big city in my state. As far as I know, it had nothing to do with drugs.

My point is that there are totally normal-looking, normal-behaving, dangerous people all over the place. All it takes to have a weapon is a hand and a bad attitude. So if you're going to worry, don't just worry about drug dealers. Worry about people who look like they're paying attention to you when you haven't given them a reason. Worry about people who seem to be following you closely or just generally acting shady, that kind of thing.

Wherever you go, just be aware of your surroundings and be careful.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 10:13:00 pm by Mr Bekkler »

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5662 on: April 02, 2011, 11:26:30 pm »
I try to be careful around everybody (We're all a little paranoid around here, ha ha  :? ). Thanks for the advice, I'll try to stay safe and alert.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: April 03, 2011, 12:29:06 am »
Oh boy... saying to leave the country... won't that be a little extreme? I certainly wouldn't. Then again, it's not as extreme over here and I tend to be unaware of this stuff most of the time and...

I should probably just shut up now... :oops:

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5664 on: April 03, 2011, 12:37:08 am »
Oh boy... saying to leave the country... won't that be a little extreme? I certainly wouldn't. Then again, it's not as extreme over here and I tend to be unaware of this stuff most of the time and...

I should probably just shut up now... :oops:

Well, I would love to leave the country not only for security reasons, I would like to pursue a career abroad, maybe a master degree. It would certainly be nice to live in a safer place, but don't worry, the idea is not only motivated by fear  :)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5665 on: April 03, 2011, 03:11:03 am »
Mom left to the hospital, crying. I hadn't the slightest doubt though that she'd come back well in four days time.

But I panicked when I heard my aunt, that same woman who knows little about surgery and more about saving money. If something happens to my mother I can't even slap my aunt for it, coz she's married to the brother of a lawless "Big Guy" who can easily stab me to death and get away with an "accident" alibi.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: April 03, 2011, 03:18:55 am »
Yikes...  I hope your mum is okay, tushantin.  :/

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5667 on: April 03, 2011, 03:35:36 am »
Me too, I hope your mom would get home soon, tushantin  :(

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: April 03, 2011, 04:00:07 am »
Hmm, when talking about money, it is sometimes the most frustrating problem.

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: April 03, 2011, 08:37:48 am »
Tushantin, I hope your mother gets well soon and that neither you nor her gets stabbed.