Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 490969 times)

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5625 on: March 12, 2011, 11:47:21 pm »
That's exactly why I hate to view comments on news sites recently.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5626 on: March 13, 2011, 05:03:18 am »
http://www.unitedatheistfront.com/GodBlessAmerica.jpg

Fucking stupid assholes.
WTF?! They're still holding a grudge about ancient history? And what ill did the innocent urban/rural Japanese commoners wish for them?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: March 13, 2011, 06:52:11 am »
Wow.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: March 13, 2011, 11:36:54 am »
The mindset of that people is just...

:picardno

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: March 13, 2011, 07:56:25 pm »
Apparently said mindset was also sufficient to shock the entire Compendium into silence. o_O;;;

wiz Khalifa

• Earthbound (+15)
  • smokin' trees in 12000 bc, bitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: March 14, 2011, 04:35:04 pm »
AWWW MOTHAFUCKA

just burnt my lips on this blunt xD

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: March 14, 2011, 06:00:45 pm »
AWWW MOTHAFUCKA

just burnt my lips on this blunt xD

Haha! Get cardboard from a cigarette pack, rip off a little sliver, roll it and put it in the mouthpiece. Tada! Filter. It won't get too hot or too wet now. Old trick I learned in college. Just don't smoke the cardboard, or you'll have to post in this thread again, :lol:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 06:03:09 pm by Mr Bekkler »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5632 on: March 14, 2011, 07:23:51 pm »
If a mere bee upsets me, you'd know how much the recent events would affect us all. Just saw Google Maps, and it ruined my day. It saddens me to see those losses in that huge of a number. People there, didn't knew  what was coming. Old folks hoping the best for their children's future, while pondering what food they'd like. Youths, with dazzling prospects and dreams to achieve, holding out for the future they march to their everyday lives. As if everyday frustration wasn't enough, nature took them by surprised and crushed any dream that could have been fulfilled for the greater good... it only took ONE moment to shatter those dreams, and nobody would ever know what could have blossomed...

My sympathies and condolences. Japan is strong, it defied fate before and became a developed nation, and it wouldn't be surprising they'd do it again. No matter how gravely death looks upon them, they'd spit at its face and tell it to make em a sandwich. That is something I respect about them, and that is why I wish to assist.

But what sickens me most is SOME people's insensitiveness.
http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/62292/how-not-to-talk-about-japans-8-9-earthquake/

Come on! Despite supporting OpenSource, I always respected Bill Gates for his ideas and dreams to earn wealth with pure innovation, handing people the power to make destiny. True, Microsoft made blunders before, but all was forgiven.

But this...? This truly makes me wanna boycott it once and for all...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 07:25:55 pm by tushantin »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5633 on: March 15, 2011, 07:54:04 am »
A couple of my brother's friends were wrongly "fined" by the police.

Yesterday they were given an allowance of 500 Rupees to run some errands, and went on a bike to the groceries store. Saw some of their friends involved in a fight, they approached to break em up. Somehow a Havaldar stumbles upon and doesn't care if the two were just passing by, and harasses em, threatening to throw em in jail unless they give him all the money in their wallets. And a kid with a criminal record in India is a kid with his life ruined. I ask you...

Seriously? Public servants? We'd feel way safer around a thief with revolver!

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: March 15, 2011, 04:48:04 pm »
Hell. Tushantin, that's fucking awful. Does that sort of thing happen often? I'm surprised that they were so openly antagonistic and self-aggrandizing, but my experiences with American cops haven't been good either. My bf and I were at a party once that the police busted on completely flimsy terms. Even though we were compliant and went inside and turned off the noise, they busted in and arrested one of the girls who lived there as she walked past the door. My bf asked them why they were taking her away -- not disrespectfully or even angrily, just asked -- and they knocked him down, hit him on the head multiple times with a nightstick, kicked him, and arrested him too. Both cases were dismissed, of course, since there were tons of witnesses but they still had to pay the lawyer fees.

Meanwhile, that same year, I had been working at a middle school in a very impoverished area of town, and there was a shooting outside of it. We had to close off entire sections of the school because some of the kids had caught sight of the body, which was just laying there outside the school. There was also a billboard advertising help for cocaine and heroin addiction right next to the school. Priorities?

I know that there are good cops and that we need them, but yeah. A lot of them-- public servants my ass.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5635 on: March 16, 2011, 05:07:32 am »
Sorry about the party bust-in, Syna. The modern justice system was supposedly created to ensure integrity in the our societies, making sure the public can interact with the officials and resolve problems as such. Public servants are given liberties, surely because of the frustration dealing with people most couldn't trust. We respect that. But it sickens me to see a bunch of douchebags infesting this system and taking advantage of those liberties just so they could have a spare dollar for a donut, without giving a damn whether others are harmed in any way.

It's always good to spoil yourself once in a while, but these guys take things to the extreme making it a risky gamble at the heart of justice itself. I'm not so sure about America, but in India once you have a criminal record you don't get education or jobs anywhere, you can't migrate or travel abroad, you're socially shamed, marriage is restricted, and even decisions for your own future is close to negligible, no matter how small your crime. Many youths have even been led to commit suicide due to this. But hey! The Police have nothing to lose, right?  :roll:

I despise being so helpless. I want to change things. No, I will make a difference!

wiz Khalifa

• Earthbound (+15)
  • smokin' trees in 12000 bc, bitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: March 16, 2011, 06:43:21 am »
Fuck the police

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: March 16, 2011, 07:37:07 am »
It's very, very common in other countries for the police to be used as personal militia for the rich and / or powerful.  I don't trust the police in the US for many reasons, but as a whole they are angels compared to the incredibly incompetent, violent, and corrupt police in the Philippines (where I grew up).
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:27:02 pm by Sajainta »

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: March 16, 2011, 01:51:26 pm »
I'm not so sure about America, but in India once you have a criminal record you don't get education or jobs anywhere, you can't migrate or travel abroad, you're socially shamed, marriage is restricted, and even decisions for your own future is close to negligible, no matter how small your crime. Many youths have even been led to commit suicide due to this. But hey! The Police have nothing to lose, right?  

And I imagine that the people who can avoid such encounters reliably are able to bribe the cops, right? everyone else has to hope that they just don't have an encounter with them. As Sajainta said, they enforce the will of the rich/powerful. That's awful about the criminal record -- it damns you to a life in the lower classes and possibly freaking suicide, all because you got on someone's bad side. What you said is exactly right: we need these people and want to trust them, but there are so many people working the system for their own benefit. And they have power over us.

I'm definitely willing to believe the American cops are better than cops from other countries; my dad is from Mexico, where basically most cops enforce the oligarchy/drug cartels by working on the bribe system, and that's one of the better things I can say about them. (And I wouldn't be surprised if it were worse in the Philippines.)

But those experiences I mentioned -- which were offensive on principle because I saw them beat the shit out of my boyfriend, but most offensive because they wasted our time with us and ignored Houston's real problems -- as well as working in the city's worst ghetto really clued me into the fact that the American police can be unbelievably corrupt. Bribing is more difficult, but they're still motivated by cruelty and pride, and they really take to heart that idea that American cops are better than cops in other countries. (Hence whenever they step out of line, it's not that bad.) The cops will mess with you just to mess with you, often with catastrophic legal consequences, and often justifying their actions with truly titanic egoistic delusions and pure racism. I'm sure that's the case a lot of places, and I wouldn't doubt that the ratio of good cops to bad cops is dramatically better in America, but make no mistake about it, many, many American cops are not there to help you, or society, or anyone. They are not above lying in the most blatant and shameless manner to their superiors and to the justice system just to satisfy their egos. This had life-altering consequences in the lives of the kids I taught.

That said, there was one time when I thanked a cop for helping me deal with a homeless dude who was harassing me. She was incredibly surprised and grateful; she acted as though that's one of the only times when that's happened. There's definitely some self-fulfilling prophecies at work here, both on the cops' part and that of citizens.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:35:55 pm by Syna »

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #5639 on: March 16, 2011, 03:41:33 pm »