Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 491232 times)

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #4755 on: December 20, 2009, 01:41:24 pm »
yeah its not like we dont get snowstorms regularly or anything. >_>
im frustrated because my uncles flight from boston has been cancelled.
ugh.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: December 21, 2009, 10:35:24 am »
Texan drivers seem to consistently fail to understand the concept of not driving on the wrong side of the road. Apparently a wave of oncoming traffic/metal-doom is a bit too subtle of a hint regarding their error.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: December 21, 2009, 10:40:48 am »
People here tend to like to speed up and be complete jackasses when you're trying to pull over into the next lane if they are behind you while you are trying to pull over. Several months ago, I almost wrecked from a Ford 4x4 that thought just because my car is smaller that I shouldn't be allowed into the lane he was in. And he was....like.......200 feet away. So as I'm halfway over the line to get into the next lane, he floors it and nearly rear-ends me.

Drivers in Alabama are assholes.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #4758 on: December 21, 2009, 05:19:16 pm »
Last night I missed a step and fell down the stairs, and, upon landing, hurt my big toe. I've already examined it, and it doesn't seem to be broken, so I'm assuming I either stubbed it real bad or sprained it. As such, I'm treating it as the worst-case scenario and RICEing it up for a few days. Not the most grievous injury, but it does make it rather hard to walk.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: December 21, 2009, 05:45:06 pm »
At least it was only your big toe and not your noggin. Stairs are such a huge hazard...we just need teleporters already.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: December 21, 2009, 05:51:37 pm »

I once actually dropped a log for a fire on my big toe.  Luckily, I was wearing shoes at the time. Still...

It hurt like hell, the area became swollen, and eventually the toenail peeled right off.

It eventually grew back, but the memory is still vivid.

Ouch!!  :x

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: December 21, 2009, 06:03:21 pm »
At least it was only your big toe and not your noggin. Stairs are such a huge hazard...we just need teleporters already.

I think Portal conclusively proved that teleportation would be a violation of the law of conservation of mass and energy. Unless, I speculate, all acts of teleportation were counterbalanced by an equal and opposite teleportation at the same time. But for that to apply to our stair problem, we'd need to wait to use the teleporter to go one way along the stairs until somebody else, at the other end, came along to go the other way.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: December 21, 2009, 06:06:18 pm »

Or we can just do away with stairs and use fire poles to get down and grappling hooks to get up.

Arakial

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: December 22, 2009, 12:43:59 am »

I think Portal conclusively proved that teleportation would be a violation of the law of conservation of mass and energy. Unless, I speculate, all acts of teleportation were counterbalanced by an equal and opposite teleportation at the same time. But for that to apply to our stair problem, we'd need to wait to use the teleporter to go one way along the stairs until somebody else, at the other end, came along to go the other way.
That... and this little paradox.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: December 22, 2009, 07:25:02 am »
dammit you guys!
late night reading of this topic lead to me having a portal related dream!
frustration: a significant lack of aperture guns (or whatever they're called).

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: December 22, 2009, 02:57:16 pm »
I once broke the nail off my big toe completely. As a result, it never grew back right and is constantly ingrown, no matter how many times I fix it.
Yeah, the lack of portal guns is rather annoying, but the lack of cake is more annoying.

I'm frustrated that every appliance in our house is breaking from being old and overused or being destroyed by our damn puppy. We have more duct tape in use then anything else.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #4766 on: December 23, 2009, 11:51:44 am »
Less than two months ago I was in a car wreck with my grandma in a new car. The car was totaled. We got a new one. No one was hurt (except my Nintendo DS).

Less than a week ago we were in ANOTHER FREAKING ACCIDENT. Some freaking moron was parked on the tollroad--PARKED ON THE HIGHWAY. So they guy in front of us swerved out of our lane, and we swerved when we saw why HE swerved, but didn't quite manage to get all the way out of the way, so we hit the freaking pickup's rear right bumper with our driver side bumper, spun into the lane on the right, ANOTHER DAMN PICKUP hit us on the passenger side bumper, and we finally came to a stop.

Needless to say that another brand new car was totaled.

And now my grandma's in the hospital with a fractured vertebra. I don't like the woman (for reasons I can't discern...), but I wouldn't wish that on anyone except the obese idiot who caused the accident--who may, actually, have gotten the same, as I noticed she was carried out of her 'car' (FREAKING PICKUP) on a stretcher.

So yeah. We will basically have no Christmas. This year is getting off to a sucky end. The best we can hope for is a) three months or more of rehab and recovery for grandma, or b) a surgery and possible even-worse side effects.

So yeah, I'm $%*!ing frustrated.

Had to get that out. I can rant better here than I can elsewhere.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #4767 on: December 23, 2009, 11:54:54 am »

Or we can just do away with stairs and use fire poles to get down and grappling hooks to get up.

This is a great idea. it would pretty much force people to get in shape. You can be fat and go up stairs, but grappling up a wall? Ha!

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: December 24, 2009, 03:44:55 am »
Who the FUCK drives around revving their motorcycle at almost 2 am on Christmas Eve??  Some idiot has been doing that for the past hour.  Guess what?  You're not cool.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: December 24, 2009, 04:52:26 am »
I'd go so far as to venture that the two quantities are inversely proportional.