Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 485377 times)

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #3255 on: July 02, 2009, 07:12:32 pm »
Truth, you probably should have thought about going to a community college to deal with all the crap that you have to take before you get into your STUDIES OF PASSION. That way, there would be pretty much no debt and the other 2 years could be spent solely on what you love... 

Heh, don't I know it. Unfortunately, when I was applying to colleges that option never crossed my mind, nor did anyone advise me to do so.

All in all, the debt's the only real bit of the frustration. The filler classes I can live with. I'll be bored out of my freaking skull, but I can handle it.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: July 02, 2009, 07:29:09 pm »
This might be of some help to you, Truthordeal:

http://www.ibrinfo.org/

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #3257 on: July 02, 2009, 08:07:38 pm »
Nice. In the end, with interest and whatnot, that should be able to take down at least a quarter of my debt.

Its far better than nothing.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: July 02, 2009, 10:38:28 pm »
What happened to the passion, the drive, the raw talent?
Were you being rhetorical, or do you think you know?

A little bit of both (I intended it as rhetoric but I do think I know, as least partially). I'm fairly confident in my suspicions for the individuals I references, I'm more certain about elements from my own life, and so from that I extrapolate to the larger populace... but I desperately hope that I am wrong, that I am arrogant, that I am the only one who suffers these problems (it's nicer to think that I struggle, rather than that the human race struggles).

As Truthordeal said, a lot of it is life. It is terribly easy to get into a pattern; indeed, it is something that one must struggle against daily. Get up, go to work, die a little bit more, come home, do chores, sleep, repeat. Like the white noise of the road, life can lull us to sleep with amazing ease. Where is the time to write, to think, to discuss, to do? Life wont give it up easily, so one must pin it down and force it to. By good fortune I happen to be an individual who at least is still awake enough to realize that everyday life is trying to steal my humanity. Some days I'm awake enough to fight against it, other days I get swept away and it can be weeks or months before good fortune shocks me awake again (I find Boo, Z, and the forum in general to be quite splendid at this).

The pattern of life doesn't just try to steal our lives away, it tries to seduce us. There is a certain, tantalizing appeal to just letting go, to letting sleep take you.

I really feel like all this has been said better by some classical writer, but I cannot recall who. Perhaps Daniel, if he comes by, might enlighten me.

... wow, that was far more rhetorical than I had intended.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: July 03, 2009, 05:25:09 am »
I'm frustrated that my back hurts.  Pain meds wore off.

I mean, its not WRETCHED pain, but it bothers me enough that I can't sleep.

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: July 03, 2009, 12:36:55 pm »
Power outages.  'Nough said.  :x

Zelbess

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: July 03, 2009, 02:16:47 pm »
The cover of OK magazine. :( It's so disrespectful and completely unnecessary. It's a new tabloid low, that's for sure...

My second frustration is that I might have to have my tonsils and adenoids removed. I've been having issues with them since early May, and been on a few two-week rounds of antibiotics with no avail. Both a strep test and a mono test came back negative! We have no idea why my tonsils are misbehaving. :P I have another two weeks to show improvement, and if they don't, I can kiss my tonsils goodbye. :( My doctor tells me getting them removed as an adult is much more painful than having them taking out as a child. I also heard I won't be able to sing for a good four weeks. As a vocal music major, I didn't like that news at all. Last thing I need is to be rusty before the new semester starts! I also heard it can permanently alter your voice, because removing your tonsils and adenoids affects the resonance quality in your mouth. I'd be horrified if I came out of surgery with a completely different timbre. Here's to hoping I'll have a miraculous improvement and won't have my tonsils and adenoids removed.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 02:18:21 pm by Zelbess »

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: July 03, 2009, 02:50:41 pm »
V.V DONT LOSE YOUR SONG!

I mean seriously that would be really disappointing!

Hopefully they find something wrong with your tonsils that doesnt involve removing them!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3263 on: July 03, 2009, 05:26:05 pm »
As Truthordeal said, a lot of it is life.

There's a salient quote from one of the Bleach collection covers, which regularly feature proverbial-sounding poems to match the characters depicted. The quote is, "Everything in this world exists to wear you down." That's how it feels when I'm on a regular work or school schedule. I have time for my peripheral pursuits, like learning a new language, but something about my experiences leaves me drained and only willing to seek out leisure or at the very least, go to sleep. I consider myself decent at combating this, but I still know that I'm nowhere near as productive, energetic, and effective at living a fulfilling life as I could be. And I also attribute the day to day fights and tiring stimuli of the world to the dulling of the teeming masses. If you're fighting to support a family or stay one step ahead of debt, where's the time to read about politics, pursue artistic avenues, or care about humanity? I'm sure at least a respectable chunk of my learning can be found in the ample free time of my youth. If I had been working like a dog since I was 16, perhaps I wouldn't have had the time for reflection and thought necessary to grow certain interests and perspectives.

I think one of the next steps for me will be empathizing with different conditions like these. It's easy enough to hold everyone to my standard and trumpet my ideals with agog station, but not everyone has had the time or education I've been afforded. I need to be more understanding. And I'll need more free time myself as I start getting career experience towards improving the human condition, so I'm not quite sure what will end up happening to the Compendium and my other massive time-suck Internet projects.

My second frustration is that I might have to have my tonsils and adenoids removed.

My vocal experience is limited to karaoke'ing Robert Palmer, but I want to say something like, even if you do have them removed and there's a slight difference, perhaps it can be overcome or even used to an advantage if it expands your range. This is a pretty unqualified opinion, but there are at least several good high-profile cases in which athletes or other public figures have injuries that threaten their livelihood and are told they'll never have it the old way again, only to lay down serious effort and do the impossible. Mental conditioning plays a lot in this recovery, so in addition to believing that they'll recover, believe with total conviction that you'll have the strength to overpower any hiccups from the removal. It's probably very painful to consider this, but as long as you engender that complete faith in your resolve and alacrity, you can rest knowing there will be a future no matter what the outcome. Make yourself an ∞ multiplier in this equation.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3264 on: July 03, 2009, 06:15:40 pm »
Sorry about the tonsil thing, Zell >_>. I hope they get better. it's rare to get them out when you're an adult, so let's hope they stay in!

My mom's cat  had a huge fight with the neighbor's cat who likes to come in through our window. They started yowling at around 5 in the morning till my mom broke it up and both ran outside. It's like there was a fireman on the roof outside my window... Poor cat, that thing is scraggly enough as it is. I don't know why it looks so skinny and scraggly. I'm pretty sure the neighbors feed it... maybe it's old or something. My mom's cat is healthy... little shit should just share his food .

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: July 03, 2009, 07:20:57 pm »
I'm back to say one thing...

Transformers 2 sucked and Micheal Bay can't make a movie to save his life.

Yo dawg, wes two getto robots with big ears and gold teeth and wes can't read! Yo dawg Miky B made us for the kiddies and shit yeah, lets go eat sum pussy and fried chicken.

Fuck you racist robots.

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: July 03, 2009, 08:03:52 pm »

Yo dawg, wes two getto robots with big ears and gold teeth and wes can't read! Yo dawg Miky B made us for the kiddies and shit yeah, lets go eat sum pussy and fried chicken.

Fuck you racist robots.

Considering they are the most vulgar and crude part of the show, yes, Michael Bay made those ones ESPECIALLY for the kids.. >.>
w/ever.

You just wanted a fan-pleasing movie. 

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3267 on: July 03, 2009, 08:12:07 pm »
I roll with Ebert most of the time, and Transformers 2 is a good case.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3268 on: July 03, 2009, 08:59:15 pm »

Fuck you racist robots.

Considering they are the most vulgar and crude part of the show, yes, Michael Bay made those ones ESPECIALLY for the kids.. >.>
w/ever.

You just wanted a fan-pleasing movie. 

Doesn't mean they can't be found offensive.

Wanting it to be fan-pleasing is absolutely understandable after the not-quite-Transformers mess that was the first movie. Besides, it's Transformers, it has to go beyond just "Giant morphing robots fighting each other" and contain that feel and style the franchise emits as a whole. The movies don't do this, however. It just feels shallow.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #3269 on: July 03, 2009, 09:01:49 pm »
I didn't watch much Transformers as a kid, but I did really like the firsts Transformers movie. It's nice for someone who wasn't a past, avid fan of the series. I've been trying to find a time to go see Transformers 2 in theatres, but I either never have the time, or never have the money. Guess that's my frustration for now :D