Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328524 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 12:33:46 am »
You're probably thinking of the "Holy fuck I'm gonna die!" feeling that some folks get after running. The euphoric high that comes once your body has begun to get itself under control but is still fully warmed and energized, I believe is universal to all non-mentally-impaired people.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 12:39:25 am »
Well, I certainly have yet to feel it. Running is a damn chore for me, and I need to finally get my wind back. I'm so inconstant in trying to do that.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 01:17:09 am »
You're probably thinking of the "Holy fuck I'm gonna die!" feeling that some folks get after running. The euphoric high that comes once your body has begun to get itself under control but is still fully warmed and energized, I believe is universal to all non-mentally-impaired people.

No, this is as I run. From my throat to my lungs, there is burning. It does not stop when I stop to breathe. I find it far more effective to power walk for relatively long distances (four to five miles). My rate of breathing stays low enough that I avoid the burning sensation, but my heart beat is still at an accelerated rate.

Ramsus

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 01:46:02 am »
I love being healthy.

Aside from some bad vision and lots of scars, I have no problems. Hell, I'm a pretty lucky guy.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 02:00:37 am »

No, this is as I run. From my throat to my lungs, there is burning. It does not stop when I stop to breathe. I find it far more effective to power walk for relatively long distances (four to five miles). My rate of breathing stays low enough that I avoid the burning sensation, but my heart beat is still at an accelerated rate.

Yuck. Maybe you just aren't able to get to a high enough point of energy where the cool-down afterwards is so euphoric.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 10:08:38 am »
Nah, it's exercise-induced asthma there, J. I know that feeling all too well, as I've got it too.

Speaking of healthy, I love my eyesight. It's been perfect my entire life, despite the sheer amount of time I spend staring at computer monitors of all types all day.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 02:00:22 pm »
Tea and Bisciuts are very lovely <3

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 12:36:08 am »

Yuck. Maybe you just aren't able to get to a high enough point of energy where the cool-down afterwards is so euphoric.

I don't mind. I like taking long walks, and I walk quite swiftly anyway. It's the better way for wandering.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2007, 06:11:58 am »
but hold nothing against milk and cookies :3

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2007, 07:39:22 am »
Speaking of healthy, I love my eyesight. It's been perfect my entire life, despite the sheer amount of time I spend staring at computer monitors of all types all day.

Thats true for me to  :lol:

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2007, 08:31:37 am »
but hold nothing against milk and cookies :3

milk and cookies > tea and biscuits ANYTIME!

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2007, 09:00:29 am »
If he's actually British and thus using British English, then he IS talking about cookies, and he just drinks tea instead of milk with them.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2007, 01:02:32 pm »
Uh, no offence, but British English is REAL English. Except you twisted the definitions slightly.

Cookies are a type of biscuit for us.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2007, 01:20:00 pm »
Uh, no offence, but British English is REAL English. Except you twisted the definitions slightly.

British English is no more real English than American English. They are simply different dialects. Both your dialect and mine are quite different from the dialect we both shared when the United States was still a British colony. And our dialects are not the only dialects. There's Canadian English, Australian English, Indian English, Creole...several sub-dialects of all of those...and so on and so forth. There is no real English, anymore than there is a real version of any other language.

That said, Americans shouldn't pronounce z as zee. That was, I believe, thanks to an altered nursery rhyme that changed zed to zee so it would rhyme with v and for some reason it stuck. The letter z is derived from the Greek letter Zeta, hence why it's a mistake to pronounce z as zee. (It's difficult for me to adjust. After almost twenty years of pronouncing it zee I still pronounce it that way in my head even though I'm trying to change to zed.)

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2007, 01:32:57 pm »

British English is no more real English than American English. They are simply different dialects. Both your dialect and mine are quite different from the dialect we both shared when the United States was still a British colony. And our dialects are not the only dialects. There's Canadian English, Australian English, Indian English, Creole...several sub-dialects of all of those...and so on and so forth. There is no real English, anymore than there is a real version of any other language.

That said, Americans shouldn't pronounce z as zee. That was, I believe, thanks to an altered nursery rhyme that changed zed to zee so it would rhyme with v and for some reason it stuck. The letter z is derived from the Greek letter Zeta, hence why it's a mistake to pronounce z as zee. (It's difficult for me to adjust. After almost twenty years of pronouncing it zee I still pronounce it that way in my head even though I'm trying to change to zed.)

¬.¬

Well, I guess you're right. But surely an 'English dialect' could be perceived as a true 'English language'?