Author Topic: CC & CC  (Read 2034 times)

FinaLMooNLighT

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
CC & CC
« on: January 31, 2007, 06:56:49 am »
Chrono Cross the game and Chrono Cross the manga.
Do they have any connection??
No, I have not played CC or read CC..
I was wondering for a while..
Answers please??*blinking seriously hard*

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
Re: CC & CC
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 07:11:02 am »
chrono trigger or cross never had a official manga. chrono trigger did have a small one that followed only a small part of the beginning, but it was never continued or published outside the nintendo magazine it came in.

FinaLMooNLighT

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 08:03:37 am »
Thanks for the info ^^

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 02:51:16 pm »
Theres also a manga/anime called Chrono Crusade, but I have never heard of one by the same name of Cross. Funny even the C style clock is used.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 02:54:39 pm by kennyj2003 »

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 04:48:44 pm »
Theres also a manga/anime called Chrono Crusade, but I have never heard of one by the same name of Cross. Funny even the C style clock is used.
nothing to do with the S-E chrono series though

Dko

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 04:23:08 pm »
Yeah I saw an episode and was very disappointed that it had nothing to do with Chrono Trigger. :/

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 03:57:18 pm »

Actually, this confusion is caused by a mistranslation of sorts. The actual romaji spelling is not "Chrono Crusade" but "Chrno Crusade".

edit: Oh, and, in fact, Chrno Crusade is a pretty good manga and animation. The stories of both versions differ quite a bit, but both are quite good.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 04:50:54 am »

Actually, this confusion is caused by a mistranslation of sorts. The actual romaji spelling is not "Chrono Crusade" but "Chrno Crusade".

edit: Oh, and, in fact, Chrno Crusade is a pretty good manga and animation. The stories of both versions differ quite a bit, but both are quite good.

from wikipedia

It is not completely clear why the romanization of the title within Japan is Chrno Crusade. The common assumption is that the name was altered to not conflict with the popular game franchise Chrono Trigger or its sequel, Chrono Cross. Another explanation is provided in the November 4, 2005 edition of Anime News Network's "Hey, Answerman!" column, where "Answerman" (Zac Bertschy) explains that it was a simple mistake,[2]. Additionally, in a subsequent forum posting the owner of ANN, Christopher Macdonald, cites his first-hand account from Daisuke Moriyama at the Anime Boston 2005 anime convention that it was a mistake due to a production error.[3] Both explanations have credibility and reference issues due to the sources of the info, but both agree that "Chrono" was the intended spelling.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=212097#212097 < more stuff on it.

the original was chrono i belive but got changed due to issues with S-E (chrono in the name + clock style C) but got changed back since they didn't have the same issues with copyright in the US etc.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 05:21:49 am by saridon »

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 09:02:35 am »

from wikipedia

It is not completely clear why the romanization of the title within Japan is Chrno Crusade. The common assumption is that the name was altered to not conflict with the popular game franchise Chrono Trigger or its sequel, Chrono Cross. Another explanation is provided in the November 4, 2005 edition of Anime News Network's "Hey, Answerman!" column, where "Answerman" (Zac Bertschy) explains that it was a simple mistake,[2]. Additionally, in a subsequent forum posting the owner of ANN, Christopher Macdonald, cites his first-hand account from Daisuke Moriyama at the Anime Boston 2005 anime convention that it was a mistake due to a production error.[3] Both explanations have credibility and reference issues due to the sources of the info, but both agree that "Chrono" was the intended spelling.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=212097#212097 < more stuff on it.

the original was chrono i belive but got changed due to issues with S-E (chrono in the name + clock style C) but got changed back since they didn't have the same issues with copyright in the US etc.

Sure. That's why I said that the correct romaji spelling is Chrno and not Chrono. Most possibly it has a lot to do with the fact that people would think Chrno Crusade would have something to do with the Chrono series, as it actually happens when people acquire Chrno Crusade stuff being labelled "Chrono Crusade".

It is not a matter of linguistics, but rather of circumstance.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 09:43:32 am »
I'm not sure it makes much sense. The Chrono series exist in Japan, too. Why would they change the spelling to avoid confusion with Chrono in America, if they didn't have any problem calling their stuff "Chr(o)no Crusade" in katakana characters in Japan to begin with?

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 10:41:19 am »
I'm not sure it makes much sense. The Chrono series exist in Japan, too. Why would they change the spelling to avoid confusion with Chrono in America, if they didn't have any problem calling their stuff "Chr(o)no Crusade" in katakana characters in Japan to begin with?

Actually, the "Chrno Crusade" romanization is used in Japan.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 10:43:54 am by cupn00dles »

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 11:41:24 am »
Yeah but Chrono, Chrno, and Crono are all spelt with the 3 same characters in katakana.

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 12:03:40 pm »
Most certainly. So as Krono, Kurono, Curono.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 08:19:01 am »

because S-E of japan didnt like the massive name similaritys thus the Chrno romazination but S-E of america/etc apparently didn't have the problem with the use of chrono thus it stayed as that.

the whole subject about which is the intended title is up for debate as i dont think (as far as my knowledge on the subject goes) that the creator has actually told us what he intended.

someone should see if they can find a statement from part of the staff who did the manga/anime.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2007, 07:02:37 pm »

Hey, so does Full Metal Alchemist, and everyone loves THAT, right? Personally I like it if two versions take different routes as it adds more diversity to the series.