Author Topic: Spekkio...  (Read 45698 times)

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2006, 10:25:58 pm »
I'm not saying that Gaspar didn't create one. I rather like that explanation. I just don't think that citing Turnip and Marbule really work to support it.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2006, 03:20:43 am »
Oh, okay, sorry. It's true that the dimensional split could have factored in Turnip's existence (and not to forget a bit a Water Dragon magic breath). The result is mostly similar though.

GreenGannon

• View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2006, 03:49:04 am »
No apologies necessary. But I'd be interested to know exactly what kind of circumstances, physics, and/or rituals are required.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2006, 09:47:02 am »
As stated earlier by a Zealian, Masa, Mune and Doreen most likely came into existance via Melchior's dreams, hopes and will through Lavos' energy.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2006, 02:09:36 pm »
Wait, so you're saying the nature of Masa, Mune, and Doreen are from Melchior's dreams? I don't understand. Are they real or just simply manufactured for some purpose?

Since they appear to be alien like, could they be of foreign origin from say a mutation by the FF?

GreenGannon

• View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2006, 04:37:47 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
As stated earlier by a Zealian, Masa, Mune and Doreen most likely came into existance via Melchior's dreams, hopes and will through Lavos' energy.

She never mentioned Masa, Mune or Doreen.

[Young Woman]

Beings that are born of dreams, must
   return to them...

The power of Lavos can make hopes
   and dreams come true...

Sounds like Zeal propaganda to make people rely on Lavos to me. "Your dreams can't come true except through Lavos"

Zaperking

• View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2006, 06:35:09 pm »
Masa, Mune and Doreen ARE beings that are born of dreams.

Doesn't sound like propaganda to me, since it's pretty much true. Besides the point that Zeal wants all of Lavos' power to herself, and not really everybody else.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2006, 06:50:04 pm »
But that quote lacks real definite support.  It could refer to symbolism.  It could even refer to a kingdom based on the ideas of dreams will return one day to be a dream.  The only thing that "makes sure" Zeal doesn't is it has Lavos.  Frankly much of Zeal is a bunch of lazy sleeping people who dream in their free time.  It could refer to their own personal dreams...
Masa, Mune, and Doreen are in my view dream spirits, but that quote provides practically nothing to support it.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2006, 07:09:32 pm »
Wait, so you're saying the nature of Masa, Mune, and Doreen are from Melchior's dreams? I don't understand. Are they real or just simply manufactured for some purpose?

Since they appear to be alien like, could they be of foreign origin from say a mutation by the FF?

They're from Melchior's dreams. He dreamed them up. Like, when he was sleeping. And they came to life through magic.

Masa, Mune, and Doreen are basically Shinigami, spirit familiars that Japanese priests often create for menial tasks in magical workings.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2006, 09:19:41 pm »
Thank you Aura! I never knew that :)

GreenGannon

• View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2006, 11:09:46 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
Masa, Mune and Doreen ARE beings that are born of dreams.

I'm not saying they aren't. I'm just saying that Lavos didn't create them.

Doesn't sound like propaganda to me, since it's pretty much true. Besides the point that Zeal wants all of Lavos' power to herself, and not really everybody else.

The propaganda is that the people are told that the only way that dreams can stay real is through Lavos. They won't get this power, but Zeal tells them they will so they'll abandon elemental magic. But then again, history shows us that leaders never lie to their people.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Spekkio...
« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2006, 02:35:40 pm »
But then again, history shows us that leaders never lie to their people.
No of course not... And they never manipulate, decieve, confuse, trick, fool, or belittle their people either.  Especially seeing if they are powerhungry and dealing with powers that could destroy the world... (That was oddly specific).
That lady is brainwashed.  That's my verdict.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2006, 06:57:56 pm »

They're from Melchior's dreams. He dreamed them up. Like, when he was sleeping. And they came to life through magic.

Masa, Mune, and Doreen are basically Shinigami, spirit familiars that Japanese priests often create for menial tasks in magical workings.

But Shinigami means death god O.o And Tsukiyomi means God of the Moon (looks at Harle O.o)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2006, 07:03:09 pm »
Tsukiyomi is male anyway :?

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 24, 2006, 03:07:20 am »
Yeah, and Harle is a part of the moon, her name means dark side of the moon/ world in darkness ( i asked my jap teacher) and god of the moon :D