Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 169329 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #525 on: April 24, 2008, 11:43:02 pm »
It's all about the big 2-1 (in the US).

That's the age at which you can legally mix Heineken with Star Wars, or Chrono. Good times are to be had, but don't drink and operate any time-traveling machinery.

...Chrono Beer?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 11:54:51 pm by FaustWolf »

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 25, 2008, 12:02:18 am »
It's all about the big 2-1 (in the US).

That's the age at which you can legally mix Heineken with Star Wars, or Chrono. Good times are to be had, but don't drink and operate any time-traveling machinery.

...Chrono Beer?

Funny thing about that... 1 month before I turned 21...I moved to Canada, where the legal age to drink is 19.  Go figure.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 25, 2008, 12:20:00 am »
'Tis no bad thing to move to the land of Molson.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 25, 2008, 10:27:50 am »
But if I had the choice, I'd love to be Eighteen. Free to do what I want with a driver's license, and get a steady cash flow of money from a part time job while I would still be living at home so I wouldn't hve to pay any bills.

Don't believe it! Getting a part time job sucked (for me at least). Why? Because in order to pay for car insurance I needed a part time job. But because I had a part time job, I barely ever had time to go anywhere other than work. So I had a job to pay for a car that I only drove to my job.

The beauty of whatever age you are is what you make of it. Cigars/Cigarettes, boozahol, etc, is all well and good (or not, if such aren't your cup o' Dr. Pepper... what, I don't drink tea). But the best part of being 14 was what I did when I was 14 (not specifically what I was allowed to do). Best part of 18 was what I did at 18 (again, not that I could suddenly drive, buy cigarette, or whatever mirage of age was promised).

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 25, 2008, 12:04:45 pm »
'Tis no bad thing to move to the land of Molson.

Never said it was a bad thing!  I don't regret it at all.  I haven't set foot in the US since, come to think of it (mainly due to not having a car anymore, go public transit!...)

Did the age bump up to 18, for driving?  Or are we talking about the drive after 9, no restrictions license you get at 18 (or earlier, if you take drivers ed). 

Anacalius

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Boredom is not a burden that anyone should bear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 25, 2008, 03:58:36 pm »
I turned 21 a while back, and no, it is NOT as good as it seems. I am finally 21 and legally able to do everything I've been doing since I was 14. The downfall is the fact that being an adult sucks. Work to pay for your car, house, etc. so that you can keep going to work to pay for your car, house, etc. so that you can keep going to work and so on. Embrace your teenage years and make sure you have as many parties as possible, because when you try to party when you're an adult, it costs you a shit ton of money and then you have to go to work the next morning feeling like a pile of shit.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 25, 2008, 08:28:28 pm »
Phew...  Or you may start to grow out of the party scene as I did.  Sure, you enjoy alcohol and enjoy social interaction, but as a whole you may move onto a different level.

Then again, you may not.  Not saying that that's a bad thing.

Anacalius

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 26, 2008, 03:45:20 pm »
Phew...  Or you may start to grow out of the party scene as I did.  Sure, you enjoy alcohol and enjoy social interaction, but as a whole you may move onto a different level.

Then again, you may not.  Not saying that that's a bad thing.

Unless you're rich and spoiled beyond oblivion like Paris Hilton, than someday you WILL grow out of the party scene. I have as well. Allow me to rephrase:

Enjoy your teenage years while you can, and make sure they are FULL of as much personal enjoyment as you can stuff into it, because it becomes a lot harder and downright expensive when you are an adult.

On that note, however, I don't exactly mean that being an adult sucks entirely. Every point of life is beautiful for different reasons, and my entire point here is to embrace every second of your life, because many people are either looking forward to adulthood or looking back at childhood instead of looking directly in front of them and realising that life is good. Don't miss out on life by preparing too much for what "Might be" or thinking too much about "What could've been?". =P

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 26, 2008, 04:03:34 pm »
You missed this, homeslice.

Not saying that that's a bad thing.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 26, 2008, 04:15:55 pm »
Ah yes, Zen and the Art of Becoming a Crotchety Old Man

Anacalius

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 26, 2008, 04:54:54 pm »
You missed this, homeslice.

Not saying that that's a bad thing.

No, I didn't miss that, just felt the need to rephrase when I had more to say. I wasn't talking to you directly, just speaking.

Anyways, this is a hate thread, so....
I hate cats, ALL of them. =P

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 26, 2008, 05:17:54 pm »
Anyways, this is a hate thread, so....
I hate cats, ALL of them. =P

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 26, 2008, 05:30:11 pm »
I hate the fact that a thread will grow astronomically whenever I log off of the forum.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 26, 2008, 09:25:08 pm »
I don't know why but I just feel lonely. *sigh* its sucks :(

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 26, 2008, 09:27:27 pm »
I'm playing through Final Fantasy VI right now and I hate the translation...  I think I'm gonna hit up the retranslation (as was done with Chrono Trigger) soon...