Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 171600 times)

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #450 on: April 06, 2008, 01:27:49 pm »
I assume the both of you are still living with your 'rents, so it isn't as good as it should be...but it is nice once you are working and on your own.

Why would you assume this? I don't, but I still get the obligation to visit family on stupid holidays.

I assume because I don't go to visit family on holidays.  Sorry for assuming!

Anacalius

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Boredom is not a burden that anyone should bear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 07, 2008, 01:56:50 am »
Meh, I don't think there was a need for an apology. I get tons of crap for not taking part in holidays from my family, and we have a really small family, so I think it's important anyway to do it (That and we all live in the same state). I have no uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc., my immediate family is my only family, and they're only going to be around for so long, so yeah. Anyways, I'm way off topic...

Something I hate.... Let's see....
How about when women dress in slutty clothes than get offended when you stare at their ass? That REALLY pisses me off!Seriously, WTF do you expect me to do?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 04:45:24 am by Anacalius »

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 07, 2008, 02:26:31 am »
Not to stare at their ass. I don't find breast or rear to be really attractive. I am more of a hair and eye person.

Something I hate, jalapeņo juice in the eye.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #453 on: April 07, 2008, 04:23:04 am »
And yet you end up having sex with neither hair nor eyes...unless you're doing something different than me...and more like I've seen in one or two REALLY DISTURBING hentai...>_>

Anacalius

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Boredom is not a burden that anyone should bear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 07, 2008, 04:45:03 am »
And yet you end up having sex with neither hair nor eyes...unless you're doing something different than me...and more like I've seen in one or two REALLY DISTURBING hentai...>_>

Ha!

Not to stare at their ass. I don't find breast or rear to be really attractive. I am more of a hair and eye person.

Gimme a break, seriously...
If they don't want me staring at their ass, maybe they shouldn't have it hanging out, or have nice, bright colored thongs sticking out. That's false advertising. Keep your tits in your shirt and your ass in your pants if you don't want me looking at them.

As for your hair and eye comment, I somewhat agree. I personally have a fetish with bellybuttons, I have no clue why. A chick with a nice bellybutton is SO attractive to me. But I still like bewbees. ^^;

placidchap

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 07, 2008, 08:19:05 am »
ot: Nice boobs are key to a happy life...and my sexy wife has em.

Not having a car. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 08:20:45 am by placidchap »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 07, 2008, 10:27:23 am »
I'll go a bit broader and say "probability".  Damn, I hated that stats class.  Or the professor.  Not sure which.

Actually, in this particular case it was because Bayes Theorum was the center of some very bad teaching (and mind you, I wasn't even in the class; Statistics and History seldom meet). The "Doctor" (because here, no one is a "Professor", which is another thing I hate. Since when was "Professor" a bad word?) was presenting Bayes Theorum as essentially having metaphysical significance.

This came as the result of the Doctor misunderstanding the Monty Hall Problem and thus he presented Bayes Theorum, which can help explain the MH Problem, as a direct contradiction to the Gambler's Fallacy. He was claiming, more or less, that a person's knowledge obtained midway through the experiment could effect the starting conditions of the experiment. The "present modifying the past," as it were.

But statistics in general has a lot of problems. It touches reality too seldom and all too often borders on the metaphysical. It is like the result of math going through puberty or something.

Something I hate.... Let's see....
How about when women dress in slutty clothes than get offended when you stare at their ass? That REALLY pisses me off!Seriously, WTF do you expect me to do?

Have higher standards?

Though I suppose that really depends on what you're calling "slutty." There is a line between dressing sensually and dressing sluttily (sluttually... sluttastically... whatever). "Women" who dress slutty aught invoke a desire to spray lysol on everything they touch (and yes, everything, if you disregard better judgement).

Me? I like women for their mind (and no, I'm not into trepanning, that is just squick).

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 07, 2008, 11:10:25 am »
placidchap...

come july 19th i shall finally be joining the marriage band wagon.  let the fun times begin.

placidchap

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 07, 2008, 12:28:55 pm »
I'll go a bit broader and say "probability".  Damn, I hated that stats class.  Or the professor.  Not sure which.

Actually, in this particular case it was because Bayes Theorum was the center of some very bad teaching (and mind you, I wasn't even in the class; Statistics and History seldom meet). The "Doctor" (because here, no one is a "Professor", which is another thing I hate. Since when was "Professor" a bad word?) was presenting Bayes Theorum as essentially having metaphysical significance.

This came as the result of the Doctor misunderstanding the Monty Hall Problem and thus he presented Bayes Theorum, which can help explain the MH Problem, as a direct contradiction to the Gambler's Fallacy. He was claiming, more or less, that a person's knowledge obtained midway through the experiment could effect the starting conditions of the experiment. The "present modifying the past," as it were.

But statistics in general has a lot of problems. It touches reality too seldom and all too often borders on the metaphysical. It is like the result of math going through puberty or something.

Me? I like women for their mind (and no, I'm not into trepanning, that is just squick).

At the end of the day, when it comes to academia, Doctor and Professor are one in the same.  I presume they think "doctor" is more prestigous.  I personally dislike those who insist on being called Doctor (less they are not in academic setting), comes off as a case of superiority complex.
Economics is another subject that touches reality seldomly.  The entire subject is based on theory upon theory.  Probably why i dispise it.

I am sure you like women for their attributes too, in addition to their mind.  To deny that is to deny the human nature. 

placidchap...

come july 19th i shall finally be joining the marriage band wagon.  let the fun times begin.

Nice one Boo.  Are you two living together yet or are you waiting until after the marriage?  I'll say that was the toughest part, out of it all.  We got married on the 17th of July '04.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 07, 2008, 12:51:28 pm »
I am sure you like women for their attributes too, in addition to their mind.  To deny that is to deny the human nature. 

Quite true. Though "appreciate" might be the better word. One can appreciate a fine piece of art in much the same way one can appreciate a fine piece of ass. Being male in the world is like walking through a very prestigeous museum; there are works of art all around us.

And of course, it should be noted that there is a difference between the appeal of beauty in women and the appeal of their attractiveness (I'd say one can find a women beautiful but not attractive).

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 08, 2008, 03:21:18 am »
That PS3 still too expensive... :cry:

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
  • Our will is the key to our dreams.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 09, 2008, 06:12:11 pm »

Quite true. Though "appreciate" might be the better word. One can appreciate a fine piece of art in much the same way one can appreciate a fine piece of ass. Being male in the world is like walking through a very prestigeous museum; there are works of art all around us.

And of course, it should be noted that there is a difference between the appeal of beauty in women and the appeal of their attractiveness (I'd say one can find a women beautiful but not attractive).
I don't mind The figure of a women but again the eyes are always somthing to stare at  plus you will get more respect for commenting a girl on her eyes than her butt. plus I'm the type to tend not to let my thoughts dwell in the gutter. Every time they do I beat myself up mentally and will slap the back of my head really hard with the excuse that it felt like there was somthing there.
but I do have a thing for  asian women, pony-tails accompanied by a cute face, sencerity, and eyes that are blue or show kindness.

What I hate are:
 overly perverted people who don't know when they hit the you do not talk about THAT part of what they do.
 People who think I'm a noob at video games. I been playing as long as I can remember and that's somewhere around 3 yrs.
People who harass others and gang up on them for no reason.
vegies greens are evil.
 People who say they hate somthing before they even try it.
Myself for being an idiot and not thinking before I speak and: create new words, awkard silences, say somthing that can be twisted to somthing perverted when people I know know that I don't think like that, sound semi-psycotic.
for saying OW! when somthing dosen't hurt me but hits me with gusto.
The president of the USA and all the currupt committie members.
Sasuke the Prince of Emo-dome. and because his name translates to Ninja-Fan
People who look down on battle fans. Battle fans rock!! XD
and My little brother for always pestering me.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 09, 2008, 06:34:03 pm »
Quote from: Chrono Master
Sasuke the Prince of Emo-dome. and because his name translates to Ninja-Fan
Still not as bad as Shia LaBeouf; which roughly translates into "Thank God for the beef"...

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
  • Our will is the key to our dreams.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 09, 2008, 08:09:37 pm »
Still not as bad as Shia LaBeouf; which roughly translates into "Thank God for the beef"...
Lol That is bad you win for finding the most rediculous name trnslation.

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 10, 2008, 01:55:19 am »
Sasuke's just a moniker for ninja in general (from the stories of Sarutobi Sasuke); it doesn't actually mean "ninja" ("nin" does if I recall correctly) as such. Also, it seems you misunderstood the intention of "fan"; it means a fan as in the tool in reference to fanning flames (the Uchiha [Uchiwa is Japanese for fan] clan traditionally use fire techniques).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 01:57:59 am by MsBlack »