Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 171427 times)

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #330 on: April 04, 2007, 12:39:39 am »
I hate my exercise-induced asthma...it's been holding me back somewhat. Hopefully with the new exercise at the gym I can force it down over time with practice, but it's still an extreme irritant towards any activity.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #331 on: April 04, 2007, 01:27:27 am »
I hate my exercise-induced asthma...it's been holding me back somewhat. Hopefully with the new exercise at the gym I can force it down over time with practice, but it's still an extreme irritant towards any activity.

I'm also asthmatic. It was never a real problem for me with weightlifting, but running is generally off the table for me. I've found that I can power walk quite quickly (nearly 5mph at last check) without it flairing up, since it's still the even breathing of walking. You might want to try that instead of jogging/running.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 04, 2007, 01:34:32 am »
Aye...I've also noticed that with exercise bikes I'm fine so long as the program doesn't randomly shift between different rates of difficulty...I'd be able to do well on a normal bike but the roads around here--I live up in the rural mountains--are so uneven that it's just too difficult to get up to speed, and the only bike I have is hardly suited for mountain biking in any case.

Still...I think I can control it with time and training...the key is to not give up any sort of exercise despite it...I'm too fat as it is to do otherwise.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 08, 2007, 01:51:44 am »
I hate the fact that my Cowboy Bebop collection is totally invalidated now that it's all been remastered in 5.1 surround sound. On that note, I hate DVD milking of every kind. I know that even if I buy the first Pirates box set, a second will debut a year or two after containing some amazing new interview or featurette. This is hell on archivists.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 08, 2007, 03:59:32 pm »
I hate snow. I despise it. It is April and yet it snows even as I type! Damn you, Colorado! Is rain too much to ask?! Can we not please have rain now?!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 08, 2007, 04:24:55 pm »
I've probably already said it at some point in this thread, but I hate it when saved information--and writing in particular--is lost on the computer via software crash, hardware malfunction, or electrical outage. Hate, hate, hate it!

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #336 on: April 08, 2007, 05:51:21 pm »
I've probably already said it at some point in this thread, but I hate it when saved information--and writing in particular--is lost on the computer via software crash, hardware malfunction, or electrical outage. Hate, hate, hate it!

That's why I have two hard drives, and regularly ensure redundancy. I'm thinking of doing a RAID-1 array when I build my next computer, now that they have eSATA enclosures in my price/capability range.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 08, 2007, 06:35:15 pm »
Yes indeed. But for the loss of writing, software failures are the biggest problem for me. I did lose a hard drive once, including some of the contents thereon, but far more often has my browser crashed or my operating system failed, leading to a greater loss of information.

Be that as it may, I have got one sweet redundancy system planned for my long-stalled computer build project.

Nathan Jonas Jordison

• Iokan (+1)
  • Joey Jordison... enough said
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 17, 2007, 01:26:25 am »
Instead of another hard drive.... floppy discs, data cds, DVDRW... but it's your choice.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 17, 2007, 04:15:49 am »
I hate when I let my emotions get the better of me and I start taking out my frustration on everyone, especially people I respect...I'm not a mean person by nature and I don't like hurting people, in any fashion.

SergeTheRadicalDreamer

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 17, 2007, 02:46:53 pm »
I hate drama.  Hate hate hate drama.  I cherish my emotions but I dont see why people feel the need to amplify them and wreak havoc.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 18, 2007, 09:02:39 am »
I hate drama.  Hate hate hate drama.  I cherish my emotions but I dont see why people feel the need to amplify them and wreak havoc.

Yeah, I see tons of it in local TV channels.

SergeTheRadicalDreamer

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 19, 2007, 07:57:10 pm »

Yeah, I see tons of it in local TV channels.
Me too, especially the news.  I get all of my news from the internet and the Daily Show now.  Sadly, a place where anyone can post anything and a parody news show seem to be more accurate and on topic than the stuff you see on TV.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 19, 2007, 08:01:40 pm »
I hate drawing for 8 hours and not getting an image done.

Beeyo

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 20, 2007, 05:22:47 am »
Is this a thread where you're supposed to tell everyone about the things you hate? Cuz I hate those.

I hate peanut butter also. It tastes so... Unnatural.