Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 171642 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #285 on: February 18, 2007, 11:20:31 pm »
Hear, hear. My final conquest will be getting all the components necessary to capture perfect TV to work. Win98 had issues with VirtualVCR (or whatever the VirtualDub spinoff was called), which is basically needed to get the best quality material and apply changes (like eliminating telecining). Then I will have finally fulfilled my education of how TV Tuners and capturing TV work, at which point I will not pirate anything...

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 18, 2007, 11:24:15 pm »
Actually, I don't think downloading television episodes is piracy yet. There's still quite the legal grey area where that's concerned, and the way I see it, once I move out, I won't ever have to pay for a television subscription. Anything I want to watch can be downloaded, which suits me just fine.

Still, good luck. I've had friends struggle a lot with trying to get capturing to work properly and fail miserably for weeks before succeeding.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 23, 2007, 02:40:54 pm »
Stuff I hate?

This bitch right here:
http://x17online.com/celebrities/britney_spears/x17_xclusive_britney_rages.php

This will give ANYONE a good laugh...

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 23, 2007, 08:11:35 pm »
Stuff I hate?

This bitch right here:
http://x17online.com/celebrities/britney_spears/x17_xclusive_britney_rages.php

This will give ANYONE a good laugh...

I think it is sad for people to feel hatred toward someone who so obviously deserves sympathy, or pity. What has she done that deserves scorn?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 23, 2007, 10:38:25 pm »
She's made awful music and has given the wrong image to millions of teenage fans.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 23, 2007, 10:50:14 pm »
She's just doing this for attention.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 23, 2007, 11:15:55 pm »
Ooh, I know: Fred Phelps. I cannot stand him or any other anti-homosexual group. They disgust me to no end, especially since they combine their bigotry with fundamental religious beliefs, which I also despise. (I have no problem with normal religion. It's the extremists that piss me off.)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 23, 2007, 11:19:32 pm »
She's made awful music and has given the wrong image to millions of teenage fans.

But that isn't what Zakyrus was talking about.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 25, 2007, 07:18:35 pm »
I'm tired of feeling horrible about winning at Ebay. I bought an item and will share its contents with the world on my personal server, so I deserve to get it. Still, I feel as if I've denied someone something he or she really desired. Ebay won't let me contact the losing bidder (which is good, as a lot of fraud happens this way), or else I'd inform this person that I will upload the contents of the disc.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 26, 2007, 05:10:56 pm »
I agree with Kyronae..

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 27, 2007, 08:19:35 am »

...how 'bout neighbors how repeatedly blast her music (the same songs) for the entire neighborhood to hear --whether it is liked or not.  :x

I know it's bad for 'the balance' (insert yin/yang here) to feel such negativity. But that's one thing I can't forgive. (So it's an indirect grudge to her)

I guess you could say I hate my neighbors too then. They are the "Religeous Zealot/Fanatic" type that Kyronea is talking about. (a chill goes through every atom of my being just thinking about it)

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 27, 2007, 08:21:02 am »

...how 'bout bratty neighbor's kids how repeatedly blast her music (the same songs) for the entire neighborhood to hear --whether it is liked or not.  :x

I know it's bad for 'the balance' (insert yin/yang here) to feel such negativity. But that's one thing I can't forgive. (So it's an indirect grudge to her)

I guess you could say I hate my neighbors too then. They are the "Religeous Zealot/Fanatic" type that Kyronea is talking about. (a chill goes through every atom of my being just thinking about it)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 08, 2007, 12:37:30 am »
I hate when I begin to hate someone for who he or she truly is. I make all kinds of allowances for redeeming qualities and experiences, and then I try to just ignore such a person when that fails. But lately, I have come to despise someone purely for this person's identity and behavior. It is utter cretinism. There are a couple others at work making their way down the list to this rare classification in my book as well.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 08, 2007, 01:14:48 am »
Hatred is a bold emotion. To consciously and willfully hate somebody will hurt your blood pressure. Aim for pity and disgust instead.

=)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 11, 2007, 10:05:38 pm »
I dislike this episode of The Next Generation:

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Half_a_Life

Deanna Troi's defense of the "Ritual" to her mother is cowardly, along with the ultimate decision to yield. Helping him escape would have caused a diplomatic crisis. So what? The idiots of Kalaen II have chosen their fate either way. If he dies, his work is rejected; if he lives, his work is rejected. Someone of Picard's tactical stature could have escaped the two threatening attack ships easily enough. Tasha Yar would have never stood for this. Never. This episode is an embarrassing pandering to blind, progress-adverse tradition, the very stuff which weighs humanity down and caused Bruce Lee to start thinking for himself and shaping a philosophy of practical, ideal freedom. For shame.