Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 169317 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #195 on: October 17, 2006, 06:39:45 am »
Damn you, Lord J. *Shakes fist in anger*

Ah, you'd be surprised how many threads end like that...

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #196 on: October 17, 2006, 06:40:45 am »
Damn you, Lord J. *Shakes fist in anger*

Ah, you'd be surprised how many threads end like that...

With the words 'Topic Locked' following close behind.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 17, 2006, 08:28:59 am »
Maybe we should award Lord J. the title "The god of Death" for killing countless threads.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 17, 2006, 09:50:34 am »
I hate learning so much damn crap at school, a waste of time, that is! Well, most of it, anyways.
Oh, and I hate people being proud of stuff like being for example german, if they use this as a reason to treat other people as lower lifes("Pride" anyone?). No, I don't hate the people, I just hate this specific part of their behaviour(just to make that clear).

And I hate that I gotto go back working for school now  :lee: We got holydays, damnit!

Celesti

• Z - Defunct - Guru of Guinness
  • Earthbound (+15)
  • Drowning In Cliches
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 17, 2006, 12:33:47 pm »
Why do you need external factors to provide the purpose and meaning in your life? Especially something irrational. Your life is your own.
It's not necessarily faith is an external force she was talking about, I presume.

Exactly my point. Faith should never come from an external force.  Then again I should clarify: is your meaning of "external force" an entity of some kind? Or a religious institution? (Thought you ment the later but then again I might be wrong.)

Lord J esq, you have my eternal gratitude for the awesome post you gave me.  And I can't agree with you more about how important it is to vote. I'm just so out of it when it comes to current events sometimes so I didn't know it would be so soon. While I will be sure to vote for the Democratic party, I can't help to wonder if they will be that much better. (Excuse my "childish cynicism")

I'll think of you next time I drink a Guniess. :mrgreen:

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2006, 02:38:18 pm »
Why do you need external factors to provide the purpose and meaning in your life? Especially something irrational. Your life is your own.
It's not necessarily faith is an external force she was talking about, I presume.

Exactly my point. Faith should never come from an external force.  Then again I should clarify: is your meaning of "external force" an entity of some kind? Or a religious institution? (Thought you ment the later but then again I might be wrong.)

Lord J esq, you have my eternal gratitude for the awesome post you gave me.  And I can't agree with you more about how important it is to vote. I'm just so out of it when it comes to current events sometimes so I didn't know it would be so soon. While I will be sure to vote for the Democratic party, I can't help to wonder if they will be that much better. (Excuse my "childish cynicism")

I'll think of you next time I masturbate. :mrgreen:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2006, 05:24:34 pm »

Not neccisarily an entity of any sort. Basically, I do not understand why people require other ideas or groups to provide meaning and purpose to their lives. It is your life, after all. It isn't important what other people think you should be doing, or what your life means to them. That's the height of pretension on their part, and it's giving in on yours. I'm saying be the defining force in your life. If purpose and meaning are things you need in life, find the purpose and meaning that will make you who you want to be and live how you want to live.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 17, 2006, 06:54:04 pm »

Not neccisarily an entity of any sort. Basically, I do not understand why people require other ideas or groups to provide meaning and purpose to their lives. It is your life, after all. It isn't important what other people think you should be doing, or what your life means to them. That's the height of pretension on their part, and it's giving in on yours. I'm saying be the defining force in your life. If purpose and meaning are things you need in life, find the purpose and meaning that will make you who you want to be and live how you want to live.
the thing is, despite all the claims of "well its not important what people think of me" you are affected by their actions/judgements and they yours.
frankly, its more of less bullshit to claim others do not effect your actions: you chose to go with or against their actions based on observation and judgement. you choose wether or not to smoke pot, you chose wether or not to drink, you chose wether or not to drink, to stay single, date, and you'll always have a reason behind it based off previous engagements with both sides of the issue. that's why we have culture and counter cultures.

Its a fundmental law of physics (sp?): for every action, there is an equal or opposite reaction.

its kinda like how children who are molested tend to have a curb to get into failing relationships.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #203 on: October 17, 2006, 10:03:36 pm »
You don't really get what I'm saying. I'm not suggesting that other people have no affect on you. I'm saying that one should not allow other people, who often have no better of an understanding of the world, to define who you as a person are.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 17, 2006, 11:27:06 pm »
You don't really get what I'm saying. I'm not suggesting that other people have no affect on you. I'm saying that one should not allow other people, who often have no better of an understanding of the world, to define who you as a person are.
but they will is my point. it will define you to an extent is what I was saying, regradless whether or not you notice it.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #205 on: October 18, 2006, 06:15:32 am »
But it doesn't necessarily have to be faith in any person, or any institution. It can be faith in yourself, faith in optimism, and faith in other happy crap.

Corey Taylor

• Guardian (+100)
  • # 8 Corey Taylor SlipKnoT
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 18, 2006, 09:46:01 pm »
For the people who made a conversation about the thing about bleeding until you can't vomit anymore, you guys are quoting Clay. sumpissdkid was Clay in an attempt to get back on the compendium. But he forgot his password, lucky for you guys.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #207 on: October 19, 2006, 04:38:32 am »
For the people who made a conversation about the thing about bleeding until you can't vomit anymore, you guys are quoting Clay. sumpissdkid was Clay in an attempt to get back on the compendium. But he forgot his password, lucky for you guys.
What the hell are you talking about? Are you trying to renew interest in yourself again?

I hate trying to choose which subjects you want to drob and pickup. I also hate the fact that I didn't do art and music this year, so chances of doing it next year and near impossible.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #208 on: October 20, 2006, 06:05:38 am »
Yeah, I dropped Art too, and regretted it later. Now I'm stuck with crappy Technology... -_-

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 20, 2006, 07:45:44 am »
Yeah, I dropped Art too, and regretted it later. Now I'm stuck with crappy Technology... -_-

I'm kinda glad I didn't do life drawing. I remember last year... *shivers.*

that grandma in sexy lingerie killed my sex drive for a fucking month dude.