Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 171358 times)

Satoh

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #1650 on: July 11, 2012, 11:53:35 pm »
I'm just gonna say it: video games...

No, really. I want to like them, but 99% of everything game related I see anymore is a stream of bloody stool in the drinking water...

Every game since about 2004 has been a disappointment... even the few I liked. The disappointments are getting bigger and the likability is becoming fewer and farther between...

Companies that at one time changed the way I lived and though, are now things I look down in disgust at... Series that once were at the core of my being they were so beloved to me, are now points of contempt for me.

As a child I knew the world was a terrible place... so my closest point to innocent joy was gaming, something that one wouldn't think would just go away with age, like normal childhood... but as I grow older the industry is tearing that one simple pleasure away from me...

I guess it's true that no one escapes the destruction of their innocence...not even those who had none. I try to live day by day, making the best of things... but so many things I once loved have betrayed me that I'm always filled with a near boiling rage...

I'm not sure whether I'm a pessimist for seeing these horrible things... or an optimist for trying to believe it's still ok... I am forced to question myself now, as to whether it all meant anything... all the things I've done... was there a point? I'm still here, still working on my art that I'll never be good enough, nor patient enough, to sell; still jobless; still alone... and now I realize all of my life is wasted on some crappy obsession that turned into a curse... all because of video games... because they were once so grand and are now so...not.

It stabs at my being to admit it, even to myself, but I can't avoid it... I hate video games...

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1651 on: July 12, 2012, 04:51:56 am »
Every game since about 2004 has been a disappointment... even the few I liked. The disappointments are getting bigger and the likability is becoming fewer and farther between
Oi, Bastion's good! And there was another I forget the name.... the silent, black game... And then there's Batman: Arkham City!

And I personally loved Street Fighter 4!

But I'd still agree with ya: games just aren't innovative anymore. (This means we've gotta make our own games, aye?)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 04:56:26 am by tushantin »

Satoh

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: July 12, 2012, 08:55:51 am »
Every game since about 2004 has been a disappointment... even the few I liked. The disappointments are getting bigger and the likability is becoming fewer and farther between
Oi, Bastion's good! And there was another I forget the name.... the silent, black game... And then there's Batman: Arkham City!

And I personally loved Street Fighter 4!

But I'd still agree with ya: games just aren't innovative anymore. (This means we've gotta make our own games, aye?)

You're forgetting nintendo... all they are is innovation... in fact they drown out the fun of all their games by having all these gimmicks to use without much choice in the matter...

However, I did say that there were games I liked... they were still disappointing.

I loved Star Ocean 4... but it was far from being the level of completeness that it should have been... in fact, the only game I can think of that I wasn't disappointed with in several ways was MGS4... it was everything I had come to expect... though perhaps not as diverse scenario wise as I could have hoped...

My point is... pre 2004 the games I liked, left me wanting more because of how much I enjoyed them... after '04 I wanted more because there was always, even in the best games, something missing.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1653 on: August 01, 2012, 01:03:03 pm »
http://zeenews.india.com/news/maharashtra/serial-blasts-rock-pune-one-injured_791172.html

I always thought my city was incredibly safe thanks to the military bases we're surrounded with -- and then the German blast happened. Then I thought that the security would have been tightened since then.

And now this.

When will I learn...

Strangely, the sixth bomb was detected besides a building where my aunt lives, and the squad got there in time. True, the intensity of these explosives is quite low, but there's no point playing guessing games with casualties here...

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: August 07, 2012, 05:18:56 pm »
I hate to be a buzz kill, but can I ask those of you who are talking about Earthbound/Mother 3 to please hide spoilers in some way? I don't know if it has happened yet (I scroll past as fast as I can), but I'm actually playing it now and I'd hate to have the story ruined for me.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: August 07, 2012, 05:47:44 pm »
No spoilers from me, I haven't finished it either! In fact I'm still very close to the beginning.

Grace Ashtear

• Earthbound (+15)
  • There is no spoon...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: August 07, 2012, 08:41:01 pm »
Being one who has completed the whole trilogy, I will not spoil anything to you. I will tell you though, I spoiled to myself just about everything there was in Mother 3 before I started playing, and I STILL cried, genuine tears and all. It is just about a 100% guarantee that it will get to you in some way regardless.

Something I currently hate: I'm going into high school this fall, so my mom is dragging me with my Junior sister to go places with her friends I barely know. Her reasoning? 'Well, you'll be going to high school together, so you should go out a lot together with your friends!"
...Gag me with a spoon.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 08:45:10 pm by Grace Ashtear »

TMC

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Lovecraft Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: August 10, 2012, 07:25:34 pm »
Insomnia, I hate that so much, not being able to sleep. Also a chronic lack of money, it's all very frustrating to me. Sometimes my life just plain and simple sucks and I hate struggling and hanging on at times.

Depressive post is....depressive I guess? :P

Crono666

• Guardian (+100)
  • Queen Zeal is best Waifu
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1658 on: August 14, 2012, 09:22:13 am »
I hate half my family right now.

My Grandfather's in the hospital with stage four cancer. He only probably has a few weeks left and already my families fighting over things like inheritance money and who's going to get his house.

Grace Ashtear

• Earthbound (+15)
  • There is no spoon...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: August 15, 2012, 06:13:36 pm »
That's... I don't even know where to start. He is dying, and all they care about now is his money? Inconsiderate Tightwads...
Something obscure that's bothering me right now: I hate that after months of debating I finally decided to post my fanfiction's first chapter (Chrono Relics) posted on both here and ff.net, and I haven't heard a single review yet. Maybe I am just being impatient, but I am disappointed and frustrated...

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: August 15, 2012, 07:51:09 pm »
well, don't write fanart with expection of get any feedback. any feedback you do get, expect it to be negative or some overly negative bunghole. then when so much as a 'hey it's not too shabby' pops up eventually, it willmake you very happy. do it for thine self!

Grace Ashtear

• Earthbound (+15)
  • There is no spoon...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: August 15, 2012, 08:14:41 pm »
And of course Mr Bekkler decides to post on it AFTER I post that. Never mind then.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: August 15, 2012, 08:23:31 pm »
There may be a connection between the two events, though ;)

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1663 on: August 16, 2012, 12:01:15 pm »
I hate half my family right now.

My Grandfather's in the hospital with stage four cancer. He only probably has a few weeks left and already my families fighting over things like inheritance money and who's going to get his house.
That's sad to hear. How would you consider your grandfather? Because it sounds like nobody in your family seems to give a damn about his life and are far more concerned for what pieces of paper can buy them.

My own Godfather is cancer stricken, but his family hasn't told him anything yet because otherwise he'd lose his will to live (he is really weak emotionally).

Crono666

• Guardian (+100)
  • Queen Zeal is best Waifu
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1664 on: August 16, 2012, 12:18:30 pm »
That's sad to hear. How would you consider your grandfather? Because it sounds like nobody in your family seems to give a damn about his life and are far more concerned for what pieces of paper can buy them.
I like my Grandfather but I really haven't been close to him in awhile.

I know that my Mom doesn't really like him. She feels that he was a bad father to her. My Aunt seems to care about him more but she hasn't visted him since he got transferred to another hospital. My mother's the one who's paying all of his medical bills right now. My cousins have already gone through his house looking for money.