Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 171460 times)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #1410 on: November 15, 2011, 01:12:53 pm »
Not knowing. Not about any specific thing, mind you, but the lack of information in general, and particularly on topics that we should have information for.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: November 15, 2011, 01:54:01 pm »
D and I might break up.

I hate being in this position.  I want to be enough.  I want to be healthy.  I want to be with him.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: November 15, 2011, 02:02:42 pm »
Not knowing. Not about any specific thing, mind you, but the lack of information in general, and particularly on topics that we should have information for.

I agree with that wholeheartedly.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
D and I might break up.

I hate being in this position.  I want to be enough.  I want to be healthy.  I want to be with him.

Oh, Saj. =(

I know how much he means to you. No, of course I don't. I know only the shadow of it that you have shared with us here and elsewhere. I really have no idea the full truth of it. But he makes you happier and has helped you to get through your many hardships, and that's a terrible kind of relationship to lose.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1413 on: November 15, 2011, 02:21:56 pm »
D and I might break up.

I'm sorry to hear that Saj. I don't know him, but from what you've described of him I've no doubts in my mind that he's quite a stand up bloke.

I can't comment on your situation, but I'm sure the decision means a lot to you. Relationships are fragile illusions, because in the end it's your feelings that matter, it's your love that deepens, and the passion that simply can't be snuffed out. Don't let labels and bonds restrict your love, because they do not define how you feel; break up or not, the truest bond is in the eyes that meet and in the end, if you truly love him, you know where to find him. The healthiest relationship comes from love, trust, happiness, passion and faith.

Beyond that, I really can't say more because I'm hardly aware of the situation. Hope everything goes well for you two.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #1414 on: November 15, 2011, 03:16:32 pm »
D and I might break up.

I really can't say anything regarding this because I don't know fully what's going on...
..but if you'd regret breaking up with him, then I'd recommend not doing it. But if it's him breaking up with you, then I have nothing to offer...

I hope all ends well.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: November 15, 2011, 08:48:37 pm »
D and I might break up.

There's really nothing we can say that doesn't downplay crappiness of that situation. I just hope that there is some small glimmer of comfort in knowing that we commiserate as best we can.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #1416 on: November 17, 2011, 01:20:51 pm »
In keeping with my Socratic theme, I hate this:

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/updates/1906

“I’m not supposed to know anything about foreign policy,” Cain said. “I want to talk to commanders on the ground. Because you run for president (people say) you need to have the answer. No, you don’t! No, you don’t! That’s not good decision-making.”

Ignorance is not a virtue. An ignorant person can not solve problems. To seek out the office of presidency while proudly ignorant of knowledge needed to execute that office is deliberate evil. Stand down, Cain.

Also, this:

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/post/2011/11/tsa-mica/566727/1

The TSA is one of those rare organizations, the KKK among them, where if you know someone is involved in that organization, from the child molesters at the airport, to the administrators dreaming up new ways to rob you and give you cancer in DC, is utterly, maliciously, and irredeemably evil. Elevating the TSA administrator's authority is the height of folly: This office has been held entirely by known frauds and traitors. These are individuals so outrageously evil that in the battle between humanity and cancer, they have sided with cancer.

As for the majority of people polled who view the TSA in a positive light...Clearly, education is needed.

Every last individual working in the TSA from its formation forward needs to be locked up, and the whole organization scrapped. Let's have real security, not security theater and its inherit abuses.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1417 on: November 17, 2011, 01:52:29 pm »
Power-tripping securi-bots. Fuck them.

"Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me."

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: November 17, 2011, 02:24:22 pm »
I interpret many TSA workers as victims, not evildoers. They're ill-trained, poorly-paid, made to do some difficult work from passengers who often mistreat them, and generally don't have the top hats to set off my evil radar. The bad eggs bring bad PR to the whole industry, but I've never had any negative experiences at airports myself. Most of these people are fellow 99 percenters. My only recent bad memory experience was a tarmac crew worker in Phoenix who threw my backpack (which I could see from my seat in the plane) so hard that it fell on the ground.

I'll fully agree that our present airport security apparatus needs to be completely redesigned.

Personally, though, I prefer the body scanner machines to the fun of a much more personal search. In fact, so long as the radiation concerns can be mitigated (which is not a problem at all in many designs), I'm not against them at all. Bean-counting-type jobs are never as fun as they seem to outsiders. Most people would get inured to looking at that imagery really fast, and I'm not so puritanical that I feel violated if some badge looks at a picture of my naked outline.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #1419 on: November 17, 2011, 03:44:19 pm »
My only recent bad memory experience was a tarmac crew worker in Phoenix who threw my backpack (which I could see from my seat in the plane) so hard that it fell on the ground.

[youtube]5YGc4zOqozo[/youtube]

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: November 18, 2011, 10:10:39 am »
It's over.  He made his decision Tuesday night.

I'm not sure where to go from here.  All I know is that I do not want to go anywhere near where my parents live.  Too many awful memories.  Maybe I'll scrape some money together and go to Alaska.  All I know is that I do not want to stay in this state.

I've decided to cut off all contact from him.  I can't begin to make sense of this while he is still in my life.  I never thought I would say this, but I wish I had never met him.  The past five years feel like such a lie.

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: November 18, 2011, 10:49:32 am »
Damn. I'm really sorry to hear that, Saj. Wish there was something I could do. :cry:

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1422 on: November 18, 2011, 11:09:13 am »
The first thing I'd do is buy Saj a chocolate ice cream. I know, it's irrelevant to what's going on, but trust me, she needs a chocolate ice cream. Not sure if Alaskans sell ice creams.

@Saj: I'm so sorry. And I thought he was a swell guy, with what you described him. Don't know why he'd do that...

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: November 18, 2011, 11:13:44 am »
You still have yourself, Saj...the delights of the senses, and the muses of your imagination. I wish you comfort and strength.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: November 18, 2011, 12:41:41 pm »
Saj, I'm sure you can feel free to reach out to any of your friends here over PM or IM if you need someone to talk to. And if this leaves you without a place to stay, don't hesitate to ask for a second set of eyes to help you look for whatever social services and stuff might be in your area, if you need to go that route.