Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 171625 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #1155 on: April 11, 2011, 05:06:05 pm »
Oh, rubbish. If all we ever did was agree with one another and agree not to discuss things where it turns out we disagree, it'd be like a nightmare. False pleasantness? Fake harmony? Creepy.

People ought to be free to express their convictions as long as they are willing to substantiate their arguments and refrain from bigotry. If that expression entails fierce confrontation, then so be it.
For the first point, I'd say, "Totally!" XD

For the second, I think they can participate even without substantiating their argument. And if they follow them up with words like, "U MAD?" or "Problem?" or even "LOL U I TROLLZ", I think it makes us comfortable knowing that the moment we clicked the "Post" button we've already lost. 8) Problem?

@Kodokami: Hahaha! Don't tell me you didn't say that way when first seeing it!

Or was it just me and Sam? Bummer...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 05:08:11 pm by tushantin »

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: April 11, 2011, 05:15:32 pm »
@Kodokami: Hahaha! Don't tell me you didn't say that way when first seeing it!

Or was it just me and Sam? Bummer...

Actually, my first encounter with Lavos was at the Dead Sea, so my reaction was more of a dulled shock. I got a much scarier reaction from Chronopolis!

Something that I hate: losing track of time. Maybe a Chronopolis wouldn't be so bad...

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1157 on: April 11, 2011, 05:33:39 pm »
Ah, so you played Chrono Cross first! Now that you think of it, having the story explained to you first at Chronopolis and then witnessing it happen in CT would have give you... a strange feeling. A mysteriously... strange... feeling...

I guess that's a good thing Masato Kato didn't keep too many recurring characters and kept most of the story unexplained.  :D If new players played Chrono Cross first, they'd be in for a surprise at the prequel!

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: April 11, 2011, 05:56:17 pm »
Certainly a unique experience, having played Chrono Cross first. It was one of the first games we (my brothers and I) received for the PSX. At the time, however, none of us played past Viper Manor. We did not know Chrono Trigger existed; heck, we hardly knew what Final Fantasy was! A few years later though, I picked it back up and from then on played it almost religiously. I still remember the actual fear I felt from Chronopolis and the sympathy for the Dragon God and that final moment of success when the ending theme played...

But damn that info dump! "Who the hell are these kids anyway?!" :o

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: April 12, 2011, 02:23:23 am »
This pisses me off to no end -- the Earned Income Tax Credit being rolled back in some US States.

What really gets me riled up is this exact quip from a think tank spokesman:

...these transfer payments effectively rob very productive people and shift it to lower-income individuals...

I'll give him credit for careful wording, but the spirit of blatant class bigotry is still clear. What he really means to say is: These transfer payments effectively rob very productive people and shift it to people who are not as productive, and whose needs don't matter as much.

Thanks a ton for the kind 19th century Social Darwinist sentiment. All the people who are working at burger flipping joints to pay off college debt, and the former assistant managers with kids trying to make ends meet right beside them, don't even have time to complain about things like what this guy's proposing. Those low-income people are too busy being productive; what an irony.

Things like the Earned Income Tax Credit should become more widespread, not rolled back. This is one of the few things that appealed to the idealism of Republicans and Democrats alike, while having a solid economic rationale behind it. What the hell is this backward, hardline bullshit popping up all of a sudden?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 02:35:20 am by FaustWolf »

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: April 14, 2011, 05:56:26 am »
Quote from: A waste of skin.
"Oh, so it was real rape...not the other kind where the guy has good intentions or is trying to give you pleasure."

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1161 on: April 14, 2011, 06:23:11 am »
Sweet Lassi tastes the sweetest when you've endured hardships in the heat. Goddammit! I curse myself for not working out today to enjoy Lassi at it's best!

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: April 14, 2011, 02:13:45 pm »
Quote from: A waste of skin.
"Oh, so it was real rape...not the other kind where the guy has good intentions or is trying to give you pleasure."

What a piece of shit! Who in their right mind assumes when someone uses the word rape, they MUST mean FAKE rape!? I'm pissed FOR you, Saj. SHIT.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: April 14, 2011, 02:33:09 pm »
Yeah, that pisses me off to no end.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1164 on: April 15, 2011, 03:36:40 am »
Gah, intense heat and partial insomnia. Kept waking up at nights and couldn't sleep soundly. I'm unable to think properly today, unable to differentiate between dreams and reality...

...Don't say, "OMG INCEPTION!!"

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: April 15, 2011, 03:40:53 am »
...Don't say, "OMG INCEPTION!!"
WTF INCEPTION!!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1166 on: April 19, 2011, 11:48:02 am »
Less of a hate and more of a screaming in fear like a sissy girl and hiding in a closet.

Republicans, Democracy, Literature, Personal Prejudice, blah bleh bloop! Forget the petty strifes. We've got much horrible things to worry about.

Also, not sure how many people this symptom applies to, but if your leg aches for more than a day chances are you're about to be sick. Symptoms after leg aches (just above the ankle) at dizziness, lack of energy and dehydration. ...Yeah, I've gotten sick.

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #1167 on: April 19, 2011, 12:32:09 pm »
We've got much horrible things to worry about.

"We spend all that money fixing the Hubble telescope and it repays us with promises of doom"  :lol:

CuyahogaRiver

• Porrean (+50)
  • A pyro manic River Spirit! Setting water on fire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: April 19, 2011, 06:48:50 pm »
I hate CHRIS CHAN! GOD he is the MOST IRRATATING person EVER!

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #1169 on: April 20, 2011, 12:02:11 am »
I hate CHRIS CHAN! GOD he is the MOST IRRATATING person EVER!

Both Chris chan and his trolls disturb me and depresses me.