Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 171486 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #825 on: October 19, 2009, 11:27:47 pm »
But really, why would you want to identify infants with your particular stance? There is no inherent virtue in a baby’s lack of information or decision. Indeed, if atheists claim that their rejection of belief is the result of intelligent investigation, wouldn’t being connected to “individuals” who notably lack knowledge and critical thinking skills be insulting?

Because theists assert the opposite. A right child is a religious child. Their families are nuclei of belief. It gives them pause to remind them that a child (and infant) doesn't even know God exists until their parents tell them or take them to church. And a succinct, sharp way of delivering this is to say that babies are born without belief.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #826 on: October 20, 2009, 04:02:16 pm »
Even the term "agnostic" is making a little too bold of a claim. Non-theist would be a little closer, though still misleading.

I don't think it really makes sense to think of infants in terms of religious beliefs, given that they are without knowledge on the topic. It is true that they are non-theists, but I think it's equally true that they are agnostics. I'm not sure that either is really a meaningful descriptor though.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 22, 2009, 02:07:31 am »
I was going to put this in the frustration thread but this is much more then a frustration. It's is also much more then a hate. Why is it more then a hate? Because is a flaw I posses and I fully recognize it as a problem and actively try and remedy it. Yet I have made no head way.

Out of every insult I have every heard, and I hear a lot, only one hurts. Often I take the "its only a word" stance, but its hypocritical when I do because I can be hurt with a word. Whats worse is its tossed around so lightly and yet when there is true intent behind it the phrase "Stalkerish" or "Creeper" cut so deep I have always been left speechless.

So I am single right now, and was just hanging out with my friend "P" and he introduced me to a few of his friends who are new. I talked with them all and had a good time. Well I meet one of them by chance a few days later and we sit and talk and mutually have a good time. Now she is a beautiful gal so I naturally flirt with her and she reciprocates. Fast foreword a 4 weeks I see her every now and again(work, tutoring, hanging out) So I decide to ask her out she declines due to pre-arranged plans, and I see her at my work two days later I once again. My friend say I should give it another shot, but I am shot down again.

So that's where I stop, she must not be interested, but then every time we do run into each other she is scared to look at me takes long ways around. So I at one point ask whats up and she is scared of me stalking her. I would love to tell her I'm not, I understand that she isn't interested but every time I get called a Stalker I just...well can't do anything and seize up.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 22, 2009, 02:12:18 am »
I was going to put this in the frustration thread but this is much more then a frustration. It's is also much more then a hate. Why is it more then a hate? Because is a flaw I posses and I fully recognize it as a problem and actively try and remedy it. Yet I have made no head way.

Out of every insult I have every heard, and I hear a lot, only one hurts. Often I take the "its only a word" stance, but its hypocritical when I do because I can be hurt with a word. Whats worse is its tossed around so lightly and yet when there is true intent behind it the phrase "Stalkerish" or "Creeper" cut so deep I have always been left speechless.

So I am single right now, and was just hanging out with my friend "P" and he introduced me to a few of his friends who are new. I talked with them all and had a good time. Well I meet one of them by chance a few days later and we sit and talk and mutually have a good time. Now she is a beautiful gal so I naturally flirt with her and she reciprocates. Fast foreword a 4 weeks I see her every now and again(work, tutoring, hanging out) So I decide to ask her out she declines due to pre-arranged plans, and I see her at my work two days later I once again. My friend say I should give it another shot, but I am shot down again.

So that's where I stop, she must not be interested, but then every time we do run into each other she is scared to look at me takes long ways around. So I at one point ask whats up and she is scared of me stalking her. I would love to tell her I'm not, I understand that she isn't interested but every time I get called a Stalker I just...well can't do anything and seize up.

mm... thats not a fun situation, my friend
I'm sure you can make it through it, like, by use of your other friends, ya know?

Good luck, friend!

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: October 23, 2009, 07:51:57 pm »
Someone I know just had a baby.  I know I should be happy for her and yadda yadda but I'm bitter and depressed.  So right now I just hate everything.  Fuck.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 26, 2009, 11:03:13 pm »
I've said Dissidia before. I thought Chaos was bad...

The story mode's Inward Chaos story segment. Face every character in the game, only the game's mechanics have allowed them to break every rule, all physics(including fantasy physics)and the mode just seems designed to bring up your hopes, get the opponent really weak so you think you've won, and then their sword will magically hit you from all the way across the room and all your effort will be dafted in one fell swoop where they completely destroy you in one hit. You can be Lv 100, the max!
But these guys still despite being 10 levels beneath you will kll you like a nuclear explosion overkilling a stick of butter.

I can't stand it.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #831 on: October 27, 2009, 01:04:41 am »
I'm put off Free Battle in Dissidia lately because of that. The enemy having godly equipment even at low levels is ridiculous. It's most evident in how you have to work to bring your opponent's Brave down and into Break state, yet the opponent touches you once and you're broken. And this is with equal levels! I'm waiting for some miraculous "oh, all you have to do is..." message from anyone before I bother playing again.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 27, 2009, 06:48:28 pm »
Yea, today I finally beat Cloud(after over 50 tries)...SE IS AWARE OF FF7'S POPULARITY! When I won, the system shut itself off! A failsafe!

SE: Oh shit! this guy beat Cloud!
But Cloud's the best!
Quick! Reset the game!
Another 50 tries later, I won again.
Then I faced Squall, beat him first try, in under 30 seconds. WTF?

And apparantly these guys can even go above Level 100 despite that being impossible(and breaking the rules further).
I'm managing to push through with passion and rage melded into one forcing me to be so persistent not the gods themselves could make me give up.
But I swear, if they have an uber version of Chaos at the end of this thing...

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 27, 2009, 06:52:12 pm »
I hate zombies. Which is possibly why I enjoy Shawn of the Dead.

I admit it, I'm anti-undeath.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 27, 2009, 07:14:19 pm »

i hate common thought. it hurts my brain too much.
 :lol:

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 27, 2009, 07:17:23 pm »

That's too bad. I really thought we had things in common. I'm breaking up with you. You can pick up your stuff on Friday.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 27, 2009, 09:23:49 pm »
fuck my life.
i have H1N1.
now this would not be a problem if i had something to do during the day.
but i dont.
i cant go to work because ill give it to the people who shop. i cant bake because those who eat my goods will get it. i cant go out and hang out by the lake. i cant do anything but sleep. whats worse is that i have so much inner energy. i want to get up and do something, but either my body wont cooperate or ill make someone else sick.
fuck my life.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 27, 2009, 09:28:37 pm »
Zombie, there's always the Internet, right? There's got to be some obscure thing you've always wanted to know about, but never had the time to research it. Well, now you do! And maybe while sipping Ginger Ale!

Glad you got checked out though. Do you have any symptoms that you feel distinguish this disease from previous flus you've had?

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 27, 2009, 09:34:48 pm »
Blaaah Zombie, that sucks.  -__-  My apologies.

But!  Now you can...read old posts on the Compendium for...hours at a time.  So it won't look like I'm the only one who does that.  :P

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 27, 2009, 11:05:10 pm »
well i felt more like shit than normal. i finally went to the doctor and he said it was H1N1. i usually dont get actual flus much. theyre usuall yjust one day things that involve a lot of puking.
the good news in all this is that i probably wont have to go get the shot. i hate shots more than i hate being sick.