Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 171624 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #795 on: October 07, 2009, 08:42:44 pm »
Cast iron skillet, people! I tells ya...cast iron skillet. You'll get so much iron that you'll have to watch out for magnets.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 07, 2009, 11:13:30 pm »
iron always helps me when im feeling rather tired. apparently i got the shit end of the stick in terms of genetics, so aside from having shit vision i also have some kind of blood disorder. i guess i dont absorb iron or something liek that.

Anemia?  Or something else?

I'm anemic.  I used to take these huge iron pills.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 08, 2009, 09:59:30 am »
Cast iron skillet, people! I tells ya...cast iron skillet. You'll get so much iron that you'll have to watch out for magnets.

Speaking of which, I've always been an advocate of mace. Not the pansy spray, mind you, but the medieval kind. Carrying that around will scare a thug shitless before they even approach you.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 08, 2009, 12:15:23 pm »
Speaking of which, I've always been an advocate of mace. Not the pansy spray, mind you, but the medieval kind. Carrying that around will scare a thug shitless before they even approach you.

HEY NOW.  I carry pepper spray around (not the same as mace, I know).  Don't call me a pansy!  :cry:

In the spirit of the thread, though--I hate that there are shitty people in this world so that others do have to carry around mace / pepper spray / badass medieval maces.

kingpingu30

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Cos I am the actual king of the pingus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 08, 2009, 01:00:52 pm »
I hate the fact that there are STILL fuckwits who will try to get as much fucking attention as possible by bullying others. Just because their families are fucked up and they have mental problems. That doesn't give them any right to judge and demean people because of a choice. Many years of being bullied makes you hate a lot of stuff. I know from experience... And I hate FUCKING CHAVS!!!!!!

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #800 on: October 08, 2009, 06:02:24 pm »
In the spirit of the thread, though--I hate that there are shitty people in this world so that others do have to carry around mace / pepper spray / badass medieval maces.

This. Underlying all of my other frustrations and anger with human failings is the fact that it creates a world in which so much must be wasted to account for the lowest common denominator. This kind of ties back to what I mentioned in another thread about wishing I could be an anarchist.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 08, 2009, 06:35:42 pm »
Aye. I've had my own philosophical musings over humanity's lowest common denominator. I don't really hate people--after all I have such optimism for our species--but I hate what many people become. Some of it is inherent weakness in our own species. Some of it is the injustices of society. Some of it is the challenges of civilization. Some of it is just plain old stupidity. But, damn.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 08, 2009, 07:18:36 pm »
I hate my own selfishness.  I just found out (via Facebook, where else?) that one of my friends is pregnant with twins.  Instead of being happy for her, my first reaction was "That's not fair.  That's not fair.  I just want my daughter back.  That's not fair."  No, it isn't fair...for me to immediately think of myself and not celebrate with others.  I need to stop being so selfish, even if the selfishness is only expressed internally.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 08, 2009, 07:49:40 pm »
Selfishness is an essential part of living. Our culture is mistaken to call it a weakness in character or dismiss it as inappropriate, because that kind of attitude leads people to deny their own humanity. You had every reason to react exactly the way you did when your friend told you the news of her pregnancy. I think most people would feel the same way, under the circumstances. If your own, personal loss sometimes expresses itself as jealousy when you see the bounty of others...that's okay. It doesn't make you a bad person; it just makes you human. Feeling envious, as you did, doesn't mean that you aren't glad for your friend, and don't wish her the best. Some part of you is very happy for her. But there's another part of you that was deprived of your own motherhood experience. You can't forget that part, and you shouldn't deny it.

Both of these parts of you...are you. In Peter Pan, the faerie Tinkerbell pointed out that faeries are so small that their heads can only hold one thought at a time. I think humans are big enough to have room for several thoughts at once...even if those thoughts are contradictory.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 08, 2009, 08:33:42 pm »
Yeah. It's a fine line to walk, but there's good selfishness, just as there's good elitism. Selfishness..."why am I not afforded certain experiences?" It can lead to self-improvement and noble action. And it makes for really awesome, sexy anti-heroes and anti-villains.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 10, 2009, 12:19:53 am »
I was going to post this in the frustration thread, but I realized it's too large for that.

I found out today that I'm going to be booted off my parent's insurance on my next birthday and I'm frankly quite terrified.  I've been on varying psychiatric medication for the past 5 years and they've been pretty much covered by the insurance.  I don't know what I'm going to without them.  I know that sounds like a very stereotypical over-medicated American, but they help me function.  They help with flashbacks, with anxiety, with sleeping, and with depression.  And (oh the irony) I've just discovered the right "mix" of meds only this past year.  >_<

I'm going to see if I can get student insurance from my school, and whether they cover my meds.  If not, I'll have to go shopping for insurance.  I have 4 months to figure this out, which is a good chunk of time.  I just really, REALLY don't want to have to quit taking any of my meds.  I'm sure you know about the horrible withdrawal symptoms that people get when they go off certain medication.  Last summer I stopped taking a certain anti-depressant, and the withdrawal was horrible.  Immense dizziness, tremors, confusion, horrible headaches, constant nervousness.  It was awful.  I do not want to go through that again.  I especially do not want to go through that again while trying to go to school at the same time.

In summation--I hate I'm in this situation and I hate even more that I have to take any kind of medication period.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 10, 2009, 02:24:26 am »
I hate my own selfishness.  I just found out (via Facebook, where else?) that one of my friends is pregnant with twins.  Instead of being happy for her, my first reaction was "That's not fair.  That's not fair.  I just want my daughter back.  That's not fair."  No, it isn't fair...for me to immediately think of myself and not celebrate with others.  I need to stop being so selfish, even if the selfishness is only expressed internally.

You don't need to stop. Selfishness is merely instinct, and instinct is common to everybody. Embrace it, but also be happy for her. You have a right to feel both, even if one feeling comes later than the other.

I do not want to go through that again.  I especially do not want to go through that again while trying to go to school at the same time.

In summation--I hate I'm in this situation and I hate even more that I have to take any kind of medication period.

Whatever you do, don't assume it's going to happen and let it have an effect on your schoolwork. The last thing you want is to have to leave school IF it happens. Going back is harder than going in the first place. This I know.

And plenty of people need medication.  :D  Just don't worry too much, as long as you check all your options, you'll find something that works.

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 12, 2009, 02:29:11 am »
I hate sites like YouTube where nobody helps you when you can't either log in or need to complain about exessive spam in a video comment box...............thing.         

I also hate mods that are robotic like who think their only job is to enforce laws instead of being a true moderator by helping the community grow and showing their *human* side every now and then.     :picardno

I also hate how we don't have a Mr Q emoticon in one of his sarcastic laughing moods right next to the Picardno face.   :(

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #808 on: October 12, 2009, 02:05:07 pm »
For the video box problem, you can block people who advertise, remove comments and set it so that a) no comments can be posted to your video, or 2) only comments that you approve show up.

Quote from: ToE
I also hate mods that are robotic like who think their only job is to enforce laws instead of being a true moderator by helping the community grow and showing their *human* side every now and then.

Basically, the opposite of the admin team here?

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 15, 2009, 03:44:58 am »
Basically, the opposite of the admin team here?

Yup!  One of the many reasons I like this forum.

Oh, and the video you posted on the "Stuff you LOVE, baby" thread was hilarious.  I never knew about that show until now.  What a shame that they took it off the air.  Thanks for posting it!