Author Topic: Next Gen  (Read 2684 times)

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Next Gen
« on: September 29, 2005, 08:57:04 am »
Post all your next gen news and ideas here.
Chrono Break for 360 by Mistwalker (i noe square hav all rights). i dont want another square game, ill be happy with blue dragon and lost odyssey. microsoft should be buying sega, not nintendo! they want to be big with rpgs rite, then make panzer dragoon saga 2 and phantasy star 5 exclusive. also, wat about enchant arm? i hear from software is pretty bad. but im not paying 800 bucks for another crap final fantasy. Well, possibly crap, i need to get the anger out of my head, and the perfect opportunity is a betrayal by square. but seriously, i actually liked enix. soul blazer, illusicn of gaia, terranigma...oh wait, same series!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Next Gen
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 04:40:21 pm »
I think that it'd probably be best for Sega to multi-platform its games...But I really could give a rat's ass about Sega...Though I wouldn't mind some more Shining games (though I'd be happy w/remakes on handhelds or something really).

I'm already kind of pissed that Square's doing stuff for the XBOX, but so far it doesn't seem like it's anything big besides FFXI and honestly, we all know that's just because XBOX Live is so big...I just hope they keep things limited...I mean, it's obvious that XBOX fans don't buy XBOXes for RPGs anyhow...

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Next Gen
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 09:40:15 pm »
Sega is owned by Sammy. They're now called Sega-Sammy Holdings, and they are going to be focusing more on arcade games. Mist Walker wouldn't be a good choice to produce Chrono Break, because Sakaguchi, skilled as he is, isn't Kato, and doesn't have the same familiarity with the series. I do hope another Chrono game gets made, and hopefully for the Revolution, since that's what I plan on getting.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
Re: Next Gen
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 12:00:44 am »
Quote from: Burning Zeppelin
microsoft should be buying sega, not nintendo!

microsoft tried to buy Nintendo but they couldn't and they wont ever, Nintendos too big in japan to ever get bought out by microsoft.

plus microsoft is i bet gonna get pwned when the PS3 and Revoution come out
Revoulution = super backplay and cool new contoller = microsoft pwned
PS3 = bluray disks, cell, buyable hard drive and backplay + great game companys making games for it  = microsoft pwned
Xbox = people dont even know if it can backplay and thinks they can win japan gamers with only a few decent RPGs and since Xbox live was he thing they got the biggest bosst from when Sony's online project gets done with a equel thing to their precious Xbox live = microsoft pwned

and im not a fanboy Xbox is simply gonna get pwned it has some good games i agree but the things that made all those Xbox fanboys are gonna have a better version on another console or with Xbox live sony has its online progect which should be done sometime 2006

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Next Gen
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 01:38:19 am »
ps3: http://www.megagames.com/news/html/console/sonysaysworkharderforps3.shtml=im just a kid = pwned because only adults would buy one
revo: no games announced except for Mario 128 and "zelda revolution" and other games with a revolution after it. gimmicks = pwned

i actually might buy a revolution, and possibly a ps3 after downsizing and cheaper price

CronoVolta

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Next Gen
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 02:02:45 am »
I'll probably end up with all three. My bro will get xbox360, and I'll get the revolution and PS3 will definitely follow between us in no time.

Still, it's already so easy to see a few fundamental flaws in microsofts strategy, like the fact that their system lacks in the innovention aspect of it. PS3 has a larger better format, and I've even read that some developers have been running out of space on the dvds of the 360. For a next-gen console that's just unacceptable! Also it seems like they're rushing into things way too fast and never fully explained what the backwards compatability is all about. Xbox is struggling to breath in Japan and it's a simple fact that if you don't win in Japan you won't win at all. Japan is absolutely crucial to a viable videogame market.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Next Gen
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 02:30:58 am »
Kojima will probably run out of space for MGS4 (the hi HI def demo trailer was 6.9gigs) and have to reduce the number of pixels in the flowers again  :P

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Next Gen
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 02:43:29 am »
Unless Sony and/or Nintendo really jumps down on it hardcore w/the next gens, I don't see anybody taking XBOX's (NA) online crown any time soon. I mean, XBOXers XBOX Live subscriptions are going to carry over or at least are going to be reduced for 360 or w/e and that's already a large base right there. And if they're going to continue to use XBOX Live and it's the same for the 360, then XBOXers are just going to continue w/Microsoft and buy a 360...Although they'll probably do that anyways since most of them are Halo whores...:roll:

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Next Gen
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 02:54:21 am »
i think halo is overrated to the max. and i know what ff7 is. Halo is good for good fashioned action, something we havent seen since doom, and  a nice health system. im buying xbox 360 because my pc sucks, and i want tes: oblivion and gears of war. and doa4. but i want ps3 for gundam world and mgs4. and i want revo for...the usual....

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
Next Gen
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2005, 05:49:34 am »
ps3: http://www.megagames.com/news/html/console/sonysaysworkharderforps3.shtml=im just a kid = pwned because only adults would buy one
revo: no games announced except for Mario 128 and "zelda revolution" and other games with a revolution after it. gimmicks = pwned

revolution = backplay on all consoles ever built by nintendo = pwned
PS3 = worth the money and it costs so much cause it costs almost $500 just to make one (or was it $400) and Cell ups the price = pwned
microsoft only thing really going for is Xbox live plus since revo is about backplay and PS3 has blu ray developers running out of space on microsofts DVD's = pwned

also the link is broken

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Next Gen
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2005, 07:03:46 am »
bluray=slow speed=pwned
revo=not EVERY game=slightly pwned
xbox360=coming out at the end of the year=not very pwned
revo=small, so easy to lose :?: =pwned
360=best.online.ever=pwned
xbox=sega fans dream=pwned, pwned and zwned

im just going for 360 for price, and some okay looking games. ps2 gave me a baaaad experience, so im staying away. more on revo wen it comes out.

also, this thread is about info on next gen consoles, not pwning me  :evil:

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
Next Gen
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2005, 08:50:42 am »
bluray=slow speed=pwned
revo=not EVERY game=slightly pwned
xbox360=coming out at the end of the year=not very pwned
revo=small, so easy to lose :?: =pwned
360=best.online.ever=pwned
xbox=sega fans dream=pwned, pwned and zwned

blur ray= lies about slow speed runs as fast as DVD's just large capacity+pwned
Xbox 360 =  rushed to get out not fined tuned enough = slightly pwned
revolution = small WTF its a console what do you do carry it every where you go? + mods will come for Rom loading= pwned
360 = best online but sonys aint finished so until then= pwning will come
xbox = aint got any of sega's great series that made sega such a great company = pwned

give up i can go on forever  :P

also, this thread is about info on next gen consoles, not pwning me  :evil:

we're doing both :twisted:

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Next Gen
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2005, 09:10:18 am »
xbox=outrun, PANZER DRAGOON ORTA, phantasy star online, jet set radio future= pwned to the proverbial max

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/console/sonysaysworkharderforps3.shtml

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
Next Gen
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2005, 09:25:42 pm »
xbox=outrun, PANZER DRAGOON ORTA, phantasy star online, jet set radio future= pwned to the proverbial max

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/console/sonysaysworkharderforps3.shtml

PS3 = Devil may cry 4, all the PS2 and PS1 games (no one knows if 360 can backplay, wipeout, armoured core 4, plus another 8 untitled projects and S-E hinted at Grandia 4 during a japanesse interveiw = PWNED + compatability with PSP memory sticks = pwned

isn't this fun :P

and that article in the link could have been taken the wrong way but yeah it does cost almost 500 (maybe 400) to make they're selling PSP for less than its productio cost simply making money off games so PS3 might not be expensive as some think it will be

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Next Gen
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2005, 10:00:27 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Unless Sony and/or Nintendo really jumps down on it hardcore w/the next gens, I don't see anybody taking XBOX's (NA) online crown any time soon. I mean, XBOXers XBOX Live subscriptions are going to carry over or at least are going to be reduced for 360 or w/e and that's already a large base right there. And if they're going to continue to use XBOX Live and it's the same for the 360, then XBOXers are just going to continue w/Microsoft and buy a 360...Although they'll probably do that anyways since most of them are Halo whores...:roll:

I don't know about Sony, but Nintendo is planning free world-wide wi-fi for the Revolution (and DS) so that you can just hop on, and, at least what they're going for here, it'll be as easy as starting a multiplayer game with someone right there in the room. Did I mention it's free?