Author Topic: Revisiting Guile being Magus retcon with added info from CC remaster... SPOILERS  (Read 4932 times)

Dalton

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
 :picardno This text about Magil not Guile

Sheiken

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
I have explained in detail how this text more lines up with a potential Guile than Magil.  If you are to refute this theory, please provide some kind of evidence to back it up.

“Tust me bro” doesn’t prove or disprove anything, and makes for really bad conversation.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2024, 11:37:32 am by Sheiken »

ForTex

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
"The man reached a hand to his mask-
silver and unembellished,
save for a few subtle details."

There is another guy with a "silvery" mask

Sheiken

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
That my friend, is a helmet.  A very far cry from a mask lol.

ForTex

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
That my friend, is a helmet.  A very far cry from a mask lol.

I guess its a matter of language/translation, the Ultimania interview about Zoah talks it as a mask, but it is "iron" not "silver":

"We might not be able to talk about the official game now, but there's a secret under Zoah's iron mask. It's said that his face was once injured in war and now he hides the wound with an iron mask, but in reality he's wearing it so as not to reveal his identity. Zoah's role was to be that of the prince of a certain country, secretly watching over the protagonists' doings from the beginning. If you had chosen the forest route (Slash Route) when it came time to infiltrate the Viper Room, you ought to have been able to see an event shedding light on Zoah's true identity."

But Zoah would've most likely been Crono, not Magus. As we discussed in the topic I started some time ago: https://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=13013.0

Sheiken

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Oh I am well aware of the Zoah theory where he may have originally been intended to be Crono.  I actually like the idea of it if there were more lore to support it, though we all know that isn’t him in the final product.

Much like that discussion, this was just a fun theory worth talking about.  Nothing more.

ForTex

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Another (heh) interesting character from Another Eden is Raven: https://anothereden.wiki/w/Raven#Base-0

"A mage wreathed in darkness and death. He has no memory of his past, and hides his scarred face behind a mask. He keeps away from people. Not wanting to be studied, he prefers to do things on his own."

He looks like a dark version of Guile. A dark mage with amnesia? He was included at launch but has had no plot relevance. Other "basic" characters have had full power versions of them released or have participated in different story and side quests. Raven only has a couple non-consequential ones.