Author Topic: The Red Lucca Gate  (Read 11492 times)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: The Red Lucca Gate
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2008, 03:43:52 pm »
So... Lavos is Joseph Stalin?

Interesting that both Lavos and the Entity would have mustaches, then.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2008, 10:30:19 pm »
Maybe the entity is Nazi  :lol:

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2008, 08:22:08 am »
League of Extraordinary Moustachemen

Just noticed your picture there, Thought.  Nice touch with the hat.  Now it feels complete.

Satoh

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2008, 08:12:35 am »
I believe the red gate is red due to its relative recency. There is no real evidence to prove or disprove this, but my thoughts are that the color of the gate is indicative of its displacement... However, since all of the gates are a fair number of centuries displaced, they all seem to be the same color. Essentially they go from infrared (no time displacement at all) to ultraviolet (a portal directly to the End of Time/Darkness Beyond Time, and no I'm not implying they are the same, but simply that the gate would lead to one of them.)

Since infrared is invisible to the naked eye, it is a fitting description for the normal flow of time. Since the End of Time is theoretically after infinity, it too would need an invisible gate.

Note: the gate in 2300AD was not a gate to the End of Time, but rather the conservation of time redirected it there.

Has anyone considered how Robo may have played into the red gate's existance? I'll need to think more on it before I come up with a basic theory, but it could be that there are gates everywhere, and possibly Robo detected that one by chance?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2008, 10:51:24 pm »
I THINK I'm wrapping my mind around what you just said, Satoh.

The only problem would be, "If Robo could detect the gates, why didn't he use any of the others ones?  Or, if there are more gates, how come the group never randomly stumbles upon them?  And, if there are other gates, it seems that the odds that that one gate would lead to 990 AD is extremely unlikely.

Satoh

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2008, 05:31:17 am »
As I said, it isn't necessarily a working theory, just something I came up with spur-of-the-moment... If I wanted to I could research the scenes leading up to, during and after, and come up with evidence... but at the moment I'm struggling with my chrono cross discs...

warmgun

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2008, 12:43:34 am »
How did this turn into a talk about the entity? xD

Since this red gate appears right after the game's first discussion of the Entity, its pretty clear, imo, that the game designers were telling us the red gate is from the Entity.  However, I don't think its necessarily true that all gates are from the Entity.  In fact, I bet coloring that gate red was to show that this gate is different because its the only one created by the Entity.  Blue gates could be naturally occurring phenomena, requiring a certain device to fully exploit.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2008, 03:41:24 am »
I need a second look at this because I am color blind, but is the gate at 0:10 red?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK82Ior1UaI

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2008, 04:39:49 am »
I thought we went over the redness...one major difference about the Red Gate that differs itself from the Blue Gates is that that alters both time and space (moving Lucca from Fiona's Forest to Ashtear Island)...

And Kebrial, I think you are...I don't see any red there...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 04:42:38 am by V_Translanka »

BROJ

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2008, 04:41:40 am »
I need a second look at this because I am color blind, but is the gate at 0:10 red?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK82Ior1UaI
It's green.

warmgun

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2008, 09:53:23 pm »
I thought we went over the redness...one major difference about the Red Gate that differs itself from the Blue Gates is that that alters both time and space (moving Lucca from Fiona's Forest to Ashtear Island)...

Hmm, that's true.