Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484878 times)

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
The Computer @#@#$ Frustration thread and things related.
« Reply #2685 on: April 21, 2009, 06:49:11 pm »
Unlike the @#@$ Frustration thread which mostly deals with social life outside the (box) my thread is for cyber-issues that frustrate the hell outta you.

You download a probram like a music sequencer and it just doesn't work right for you or you have a bad day in a chat room where some one is trolling/spamming you.etc   

This is the thread to vent it out so it won't clutter up the other topic.       

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 11:24:19 pm by FaustWolf »

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Re: The Computer @#@#$ Frustration thread and things related.
« Reply #2686 on: April 21, 2009, 06:51:14 pm »
Todays problem is VGmusic.com   How can you have problems at vgmusic that has 24,000 (estimate) midi files you ask?     Well the problem lies with the fact that most of the games are very incomplete and the request forums are a joke which no one even bothers to look at.

The other big problem is the lack of a warm welcome when someone is a "newbie" and wishes to understand the forum.        They seem to be a close knitted community where if they don't like you they toss you for having too many freckles on your face or something stupid.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
Re: The Computer @#@#$ Frustration thread and things related.
« Reply #2687 on: April 21, 2009, 07:02:22 pm »
My computer frustration: Three frustration threads, two of which are the exact same thing. Two identical threads posted within twenty minutes of each other is spam. Please stick to the normal frustration thread instead of cluttering the board with useless topics.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2688 on: April 21, 2009, 09:05:05 pm »
He was caught with E.

He could have been caught with worse. MDMA is not addictive and has only limited neurotoxicity, especially compared to other drugs, including legal ones. Moreover the risk of death from MDMA use is extremely minimal if the pills are pure and overdose via serotonin syndrome is unlikely. My point: At least he wasn't caught with cocaine or heroine. Then you would have cause for extreme concern.

Do tell your brother to be careful. Those Mexican drug cartels that are killing people right and left? They're in our back yards. All of our back yards. Screw the side effects and illegality -- his life could be in danger.

It's high time far more people started videogame hacking to get their kicks. Hex stimulates the same nerve centers in the brain as chocolate. Or so I hear...

I wouldn't be too concerned about the cartels. Wherever he got the pills from, it was likely a middle man of a middle man of a middle man. He probably got them from a school buddy who got them from his brother who knows a friend that deals drugs or something. I would take the reverse stance as you, and say that I would be more concerned about the illegality and side effects. Not the side effects of MDMA mind you, those are minimal, but most pills on the streets today do not contain MDMA but instead contain methamphetamine or a mixture of the two. Some even contain piperazines, phenethylamines like 2C-B, and DXM (contained in some cough syrup).

MDMA is a very safe drug in pure form, but one would have to be fucking retarded to purchase a pill from some sleazy dealer and ingest it when they have absolutely no idea what the contents of it are. That's like a roll of the dice right there. Either don't do the drug, or buy a testing kit to practice safe and responsible drug use, is my opinion on that.

My Frustration of the Day: Canine parvovirus. Why don't people vaccinate their dogs? I try to educate as many people as come into the clinic, but it seems like for every one I teach about parvo ten come in with pets on their deathbed from it. And because they didn't want to shell out a minimal amount of cash in the first place, now their dog needs IV fluids / blood transfusions / antibiotics / hospitalization and they still only have a 20% chance of survival on average.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:12:19 pm by chrono eric »

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: The @#@#$ cyber space frustration thread!
« Reply #2689 on: April 21, 2009, 09:40:52 pm »
You know this thread over hear right?   http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,4445.0.html

Well my thread is for computers and internet related frustrations such as a software you installed that's crapping out or you had a reallly bad day at a chat-room somewhere and you just need to vent.

Now you don't have to clutter the other thread since I've notice it's mainly used for daily life outside of the computer.

Did you read the first posts of that thread? Computers are the reason it exists.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2690 on: April 21, 2009, 10:51:21 pm »
Yeah, and it's kind of a free-thought post explosion in there anyways...There's no way to clutter that which is there to gather clutter...-ness...And regardless, why the need to create this thread? To announce that other thread? >_>

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: April 21, 2009, 11:22:44 pm »
In light of Ramsus' and V's comments, I feel a compulsion to merge these into the big Frustration Thread, which is all-encompassing in its frustrating awesomeness.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: April 21, 2009, 11:26:26 pm »
You made the same thread in GD...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: April 21, 2009, 11:29:16 pm »
Sorry if the recent discussion here seems kinda choppy, I merged two separate computer frustration threads into this frustration topic. If anyone's frustrated by that, well, sound off here as always. :P

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: April 22, 2009, 12:20:07 am »
I'm sick and tired of cheap, stripped down audio cards and noisy integrated components. It's sad, but all of the decent low-end sound cards are out of production these days.

Finally, I just ended up ordering one of these for $150, which should work great with realtime Linux and 64-bit Windows too. Now hopefully it actually gets here.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: April 22, 2009, 10:33:38 am »
The Iron Man soundtrack does not have the song, Iron Man.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2696 on: April 22, 2009, 12:02:06 pm »
Just get the Black Sabbath/Ozzy album with it. It rocks and includes more songs that rock.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: April 22, 2009, 12:15:09 pm »
My internet connection is stupid. We work off of a wireless set up and have issues with it in the past. But now... the main secured network we use isn't working right. It says it's connected, but I can't get anywhere. So now, I'm on the unsecured network that I think is standard for the complex. Nice, if you ask me.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: April 22, 2009, 12:42:56 pm »
Just get the Black Sabbath/Ozzy album with it. It rocks and includes more songs that rock.

Well that is more money. And I can't say I'm a fan of the lyrics or singing style. The instramental music is quite nice, but beyond that... meh.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #2699 on: April 22, 2009, 03:29:54 pm »

Well that is more money. And I can't say I'm a fan of the lyrics or singing style. The instramental music is quite nice, but beyond that... meh.

And some of the music is fantastic. That solo at the end of Mr. Crowley? Good times.