Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 480495 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2715 on: April 24, 2009, 08:09:02 pm »
Ahh, I should have PM'd Triforce to let him know what happened, since merging doesn't leave an automated message like moves do.

They really should though.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: April 25, 2009, 01:27:26 am »
Ahh, I should have PM'd Triforce to let him know what happened, since merging doesn't leave an automated message like moves do.

They really should though.

If SMF better documented how to packages mods, and I actually had some free time, I could probably make Mr. Tuesday automatically notify people whenever mods move or edit their threads/posts.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: April 25, 2009, 05:26:58 pm »
The NFL Draft is on TV.  It's pretty cool to see who will go where and all, but the amount of coverager anf analysis and THE POTENTIAL AND THE ATHLETICISM AND THE TREMENDOUS UPSIDE POTENTIAL!!!

It gets annoying after a while, I guess...and what is the deal with Sheriff Goodell?  Dude is going crazy on the NFL.

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: April 26, 2009, 04:33:41 pm »
Can someone close the internet @#$!$ frustration thread I made.   People think I am a troll whne I am not.     

I hate how the internet is so unforgiving.  Jesus said to forgive others and nobody seems to give a s--t abou that.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: April 26, 2009, 05:00:59 pm »
Jesus said to forgive others and nobody seems to give a s--t abou that.

Thankfully, he sacrificed himself for all our internet sins.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2720 on: April 26, 2009, 05:14:40 pm »
I hate how the internet is so unforgiving.  Jesus said to forgive others and nobody seems to give a s--t abou that.

The internet isn't dictated by a sky fairy and barbaric diety-worshipping tribes.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: April 26, 2009, 05:24:21 pm »
Can someone close the internet @#$!$ frustration thread I made.   People think I am a troll whne I am not.     

You can lock or delete your own topics.

Also, we are forgiving.  I have a strong feeling that a lot of people wish to say many mean spirited things towards you regarding your attitude towards others here and multiple threads about nearly the same topic, but out of decency refrain from doing so.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: April 26, 2009, 06:02:06 pm »

Nobody's holding it against you personally for making these mistake. I've only seen one person throw out the possibility that you're a troll, and I can't even find that post now. Most of the posts in reply to yours are by people who understand that you're just making mistakes and are just pointing them out for you and explaining why they're considered mistakes here so you won't keep repeating them.

In other words, most of the persecution you make yourself out to be receiving seems to be out of misunderstanding on your part. It's not mean or malicious to point out to someone that they're doing something wrong, and nobody meant for you to be offended by it.

So don't take it personally. Just take it for what it is and leave it at that. It's nothing to get upset about.

EDIT: After reading some of your other posts, if you really feel like you might hurt yourself, please find someone to talk to. Even if nobody's around, there's still numbers you can call like 1-800-273-TALK (8255) (The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline). Sometimes, talking to someone is all you need to get past that feeling.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 07:20:43 pm by Ramsus »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: April 27, 2009, 11:01:26 am »

The internet isn't dictated by a sky fairy and barbaric diety-worshipping tribes.

Huh, well that was rather non sequitur...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: April 27, 2009, 03:30:53 pm »
I agree that there's far too much "diety worship" in the United States.

We need to do something about this phenomenon. It's been dictating people's behavior for over...a decade.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2725 on: April 27, 2009, 07:27:18 pm »
I'm a little PO'd that no one's bothering to describe their links at all in the "WTF? Check this link out!" thread...I can understand a few every now & then not because maybe it's some kind of surprise or w/e (omg, I clicked that link and now there's bacon on the Compendium! *har har*)...but it just makes the whole thread seem a lot more sloppy than it needs to be...It's like people are just randomly throwing crap at it just for the sake of piling it on. If you're going to share something, SHARE ABOUT IT!! wtf is this that you want me to click on? Why do you think it's worth the time? etc.

I know that's probably just me though...It's not like I'm asking that it become a literary thread or anything, but damn. I go in every once in a while and just see every other person throwing out youtube links like there's no tomorrow...I might actually click on some of them if I knew wtf they were!!

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: April 27, 2009, 07:28:51 pm »
I agree that there's far too much "diety worship" in the United States.

We need to do something about this phenomenon. It's been dictating people's behavior for over...a decade.
Wait, what? 

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: April 27, 2009, 08:45:15 pm »
I'm a little bit frustrated that everyone at the GameFaqs forums are complete idiots. I heard people bitching about that here but I had no idea...

...I think the general intelligence level of the Compendium has spoiled me  :D

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: April 27, 2009, 09:01:48 pm »
If you want, you could always read through random Youtube comments for an hour to make the GameFAQs forums seem smarter.

That said, it's sad that you can always find a dumber group out there.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: April 27, 2009, 10:42:05 pm »
I only went to the gamefaqs forums out of curiosity, but from what I've seen if anyone attempts to post anything thought provoking they get immediately flamed into submission by the moronic masses.

Youtube comments are always good for a laugh though. I love reading the comments on the science videos with all the idiots trying to figure out how it is done / claiming that it is fake and made via video editing.