Author Topic: Chrono Trigger - Schala Project (Community Project)  (Read 44613 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger - Schala Project
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2008, 05:58:28 pm »
DREAMLESS. jsondag's tech editor has that covered too. Unless you'd prefer to make that the result of a double or triple tech.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2008, 06:01:32 pm »
Triple Tech. Her final (or strongest if not final) Tech plus Crono's Luminaire and Magus' Dark Matter. Fits, doesn't it?

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2008, 06:09:33 pm »
Remember, she's REPLACING Magus.  So he won't even be playable in this.

I think Chrono'99 brought it up or Shinrin, but maybe when you go to revive Crono, you can get another doll to save Schala as well?  It'd require a add-on to the original scene to have Magus go and pick her up for ya, but it could work.

Weapons: Dagger and/or Magic.

Dagger:  My friend at school came up with an idea that I really never thought about.  What if she THROWS daggers for her style of weapon?

Magic: I had an idea where she has a basic field of magic on her hand, goes up to the energy, and kind of does a diagnol "slash" across them.

I don't know if they'd work, but I kind of like those ideas.

Edit: I would make it so you either save Crono or save Schala, but there's been MANY complaints about "NO CRONO?!?!?!"  Basically, they MUST have a power house otherwise they won't even try Schala.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2008, 06:15:19 pm »
What happens to Magus, then? Do we automatically fight him at North Cape, or do we skip the encounter entirely and after the Blackbird is destroyed the Black Omen rises after the Dalton battle?

As for the option to save either Crono or Schala, I would vote against that. I foresee too many complaints from people who like both Crono and Schala.

And, for the record, we need to get the 8th PC up and running so that we can have Magus back. It's just not CT without Magus in the party.

EDIT: I just remembered that the choice reminds me of a part in Mass Effect where you have to choose between two crew members, one is saved, the other dies. IMO, that will be my reasoning behind my opposition. If anything, have her survive the incident somehow and turn up after the Black Omen rises.

My idea:
After the Blackbird goes down, go to North Cape to meet Magus. You can either kill him or recruit him. Go to the Epoch and watch the Black Omen rise. Then go to the commons and find Schala. You can either recruit her now, or have her stay behind and oversee the construction of the new world. If you recruit her, Magus will remain behind. You should be allowed to switch between the two, but never have both at once.

Like it?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 06:21:10 pm by Shadow D. Darkman »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2008, 06:17:11 pm »
You can still choose to fight him or not.  But he won't ask you to let him join.  We still have to plan for the dialogue.  I'm just trying to get the basics setup right now for outlining and whatnot.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2008, 06:21:57 pm »
I just edited that comment, for those who might miss it.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2008, 06:28:48 pm »
Still the factor that Magus won't be playable until the 8th character is ready.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2008, 06:31:19 pm »
*nod* I can accept that. However, I'd like to have my idea (in italics in that post) reviewed if possible. What I had been figuring was like when you had to pick between the girls during the Factory raid, how you had to go back to Proto Dome to switch out. Maybe we can use that mechanism to switch out Schala and Magus until the 8th character is ready?

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2008, 06:33:42 pm »
I don't like the idea of her throwing daggers. Doesn't seem fitting somehow. I think she should just use a dagger normally, like Kidd does.

And Ginger, we discussed this in Rox's thread... Rapiers require a huge amount of skill and finesse. I highly doubt Schala would have the skill with such a weapon needed to use it effectively, what with her being a Zealian and their reliance on magic...

@ Shadow: Hm... Sounds workable, though I'd prefer to be able to get them both. Maybe in the first versions of the hack, then once the 8th character is finished, you could do it some other way... I don't know. However, Janus and Schala totally need to have dual techs together. (Perhaps a Light/Dark version of Antipode? Though that's jumping a bit too far ahead, I think...)

We'll have to see how the hack evolves.

@ Shadow (again -- posted the first one before your last post): The 8th character patch will be needed to have Janus playable at all... >.> Even though he may not be in the party, his character data will still need to be there, and we won't have room for having both of their data at the same time without the patch.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 06:35:24 pm by Chocobo_Fan »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2008, 06:34:24 pm »
No, because the 8th character would require a fully playable option of it.  It's just nowhere near ready atm.  If we could get the portrait in, and few the last few bugs then yes, we could possibly pull off a fake one.  But I don't expect this probably till the end of the year or next year.

And Dreamless WILL be a double tech between Magus and Schala, that's for certain.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2008, 06:38:55 pm »
Hm, Dreamless... While interesting, it seems to be an evil-sounding attack, like Heavenly Tears, that only Lavos should have... It's a throwback to how dreams are so important in CT, and then you have Dreamless... It should have a similar animation, yes, but I think you may need to rename it... :/ But that's just nitpicking.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2008, 06:46:06 pm »
What's Dreamless? Is this that attack with the red moon from Lavos?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2008, 06:48:58 pm »
The Red Moon is the random status affliction Lavos tech, I think. Dreamless has some kind of rotating geometric pyramid inside a square with white and black effects.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2008, 06:54:44 pm »
Yeah, Dreamless is the attack with the flashing, rotating pyramid that Lavos uses... It says it's the "ultimate magic attack". (Though ironically, that's no longer true with the introduction of the Dream Devourer, and even so, I consider Crying Heavens/Heavenly Tears to be the ultimate magic attack, as it's the only monster tech I've ever seen deal over 1000 damage... o.O)

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2008, 06:55:24 pm »