Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 485149 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5415 on: November 12, 2010, 03:25:58 pm »
This is a frustration of sorts: I am about to undertake something very difficult and outside my realm of assured success. The frustration is not that I have to do it, but that there would be something "very difficult and outside my realm of assured success." Courage was never my strong suit on the Triforce, but now it's risk-taking time and I so suppose I'll dust off the ol' bravery of character and see whether or not I can, ahem, ride the skies above their limit and smash the unthinkable, etc., etc.

And for you, Sajainta: Here's hoping you and D find that lucky hat really soon. No one deserves it more!

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5416 on: November 12, 2010, 04:15:33 pm »
Same here, Saijanta. Where would humanity be if note lend a hand to a friend in need? If D's as awesome as he sounds then don't give up hope and stay smart. Usually a typhoon seems like forever, but it doesn't last long. You either wait till it ends or you bend the storms to your will. We hope the best for you guys, so remember that when you smile the world smiles with ya!

But you know what? This settles it. Corporates may be doing us a huge favor by supplying technology to the masses and quicken development and evolution, but that alone does not diminish greed. There are lots of things I wish for, but one of the greatest of all is to watch every currency in this world singe to dust.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 04:22:16 pm by tushantin »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: November 13, 2010, 04:19:45 am »
I am indignant on your behalf. Shallow frauds like that deserve a stubbed toe. >=(

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: November 13, 2010, 02:52:33 pm »
I am indignant on your behalf. Shallow frauds like that deserve a stubbed toe. >=(

Stubbed toe? Stubbed toe?! The bastard needs a bat upside his damned head!

All I can offer is condolences, unless you're willing to tell me where this prick lives... hopefully somewhere in the Lakewood WA area.

I may not believe in God, but I do believe in Hell, and I think there's a special place there for people like him. :evil:

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: November 14, 2010, 03:54:46 am »
I recently realized human relationships are keeping me sane. In a stroke of irony, I've been losing "friends" left and right recently. Do people really turn cruel over short spans of time? Or did we not notice it to begin with?

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: November 14, 2010, 04:58:14 am »
All I can offer is condolences, unless you're willing to tell me where this prick lives... hopefully somewhere in the Lakewood WA area.

Nah.  He lives in the Midwest.

I may not believe in God, but I do believe in Hell, and I think there's a special place there for people like him. :evil:

That's a wee bit harsh.  I don't believe in God, nor do I believe in Hell, but if it existed I don't think he should go there.  He's been a massive jerk and has done some really terrible things, but I wouldn't want him to go to Hell.

How does that work, though?  Your disbelief in God coupled with a belief in Hell?  Not trying to be patronizing or start a fight, I'm just very curious.

I recently realized human relationships are keeping me sane. In a stroke of irony, I've been losing "friends" left and right recently. Do people really turn cruel over short spans of time? Or did we not notice it to begin with?

Yeah, people really can turn nasty very quickly.  Most of the time it's very subtle from the beginning and you miss it, but if you looked back you'd realize that they were cruel all along and you just didn't see it until it was too late.  But sometimes people do just change that quickly.  Either way, it sucks.  I'm sorry you've been losing friends too.  :/  It's incredibly, incredibly disheartening.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5421 on: November 14, 2010, 05:25:11 am »
I don't believe in God, nor do I believe in Hell, but if it existed I don't think he should go there.  He's been a massive jerk and has done some really terrible things, but I wouldn't want him to go to Hell.
XDDD Hate to break it to ya lassy, but as Mephistopheles says, THIS is hell. Yes, the very world we live in is ridden with filth, plague and fires of torment. But humans we are, we've survived chaos and turbulence, and so hell is nothing to us. We strive to bend the world to our will, turn hell into home, a paradise that may not exist elsewhere.

Yeah, people really can turn nasty very quickly.  Most of the time it's very subtle from the beginning and you miss it, but if you looked back you'd realize that they were cruel all along and you just didn't see it until it was too late.  But sometimes people do just change that quickly.  Either way, it sucks.  I'm sorry you've been losing friends too.  :/  It's incredibly, incredibly disheartening.
It's not that people "become" nasty overtime, it's that we "are". We're born self-conceited and malevolent, and "doing the right thing" is what we learn in time. There are various reasons why we think a person suddenly changes when he hasn't.

Firstly, no matter how close a person is, when he's too close for too much time he feels uncomfortable. You see, humans are fast and free, hate being bound to one place for too much time. Easily get bored. Secondly, when you're with someone for too long you begin find it uncomfortable to feign niceties and just wanna lay off steam sometimes. To avoid this, it's always to have different situations to take your mind off. For instance, when you get a feeling things are starting to get boring do something INCREDIBLY different and crazy. XD

Yep, even the nicest bloke in the world may be one of the biggest douchebags you may ever see. In the end it's not what you are that counts, but what you do.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: November 14, 2010, 01:17:36 pm »
Uh... to answer Saj...

You kinda have to ask where you might end up when it's your time. I beleive that people who are generally good just find... peace. Just simply peace and rest.

But there are people in this world who I don't believe deserve that peace. People like Hitler, serial killers, extreme right-wingers and religeous nutjobs, and anyone who would basically screw someone over intentionally.

And considering that this guy knows what you've gone through, what he's done is especially heinus to me.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: November 14, 2010, 02:07:41 pm »
Nobody deserves "Hell." Death, perhaps. But the very idea of a supernatural torture chamber is bogus. It persists only to frighten children and soothe our desires for revenge against injustice. But vengeance is not justice. Hell is a petty concept unworthy of liberal affection.

That's why I said "stubbed toe." In my philosophy, there's a lot that a person can do to merit execution...but scarce little to merit actual torture. When a person is dead, their opportunities cease, and that is punishment enough for any crime. To desire more is unbalanced. Understandable, sometimes, but unbalanced still.

Time travel wouldn't certainly have a profound effect on ethics, wouldn't it?

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: November 14, 2010, 03:33:19 pm »
XDDD Hate to break it to ya lassy, but as Mephistopheles says, THIS is hell. Yes, the very world we live in is ridden with filth, plague and fires of torment. But humans we are, we've survived chaos and turbulence, and so hell is nothing to us. We strive to bend the world to our will, turn hell into home, a paradise that may not exist elsewhere.

I was referring to the non-existent place in the afterlife.

I am very well aware that we live in a shitty, hellish world.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5425 on: November 15, 2010, 11:58:29 am »
A thick headed, stubborn brother who doesn't respect anyone, neither admitting his own faults and thus blaming others for everything wrong, nor giving a rat's ass about what anyone else feels. Even when with friends one moment he's having fun, then the next he's standing at the side with a scary attitude, ruining the mood of the group and at the same time picking fights with people worrying about him for no apparent reason.

Any hints?

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: November 18, 2010, 01:48:55 am »
LOLd
A while back, I just moved my window live space to wordpress, which had been blocked here for a long time.
And wordpress stayed un-blocked for a few days, that made me think that Microsoft had strong magic.
But the situation didn't last long, and wordpress got blocked again.

Today or yesterday I received an email from windows live, said I can move the space to a Chinese blog site.
OK, very well.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: November 19, 2010, 06:11:11 am »
Ugh, things like this piss me off to no end. First, I hope a fair amount of it is complete BS; but secondly, it still highlights the fact that our economic system is based on weeding talent out instead of connecting that talent to production. How backward is that? Maybe that was the best we could do in the 1890s, but we can't just lie down and settle for this nowadays. Sometimes I can't fathom the ridiculous inefficiency of it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 06:15:52 am by FaustWolf »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5428 on: November 19, 2010, 10:25:14 pm »
Just realized I've never had OCR's Radical Dreamers songs backed up in the CSMA.

:picardno

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: November 29, 2010, 03:43:45 pm »
FUCK these bringer shows!!!  I'm back at The Comedy Store tomorrow night...another fucking bringer.  They don't care if you're funny, only how many people you can bring.  I'm lucky to get 3 out, but I won't even get on stage with that many.  Fuck that.  It's such backward bullshit.  Some of the fucks will bring out 30 people!  And then follow it up with 5 minutes of silence as they bomb away.  And then those of us who actually have talent wait hours on end to go on last when everyone has already left because the people who brought a ton all blew.  I turn on the tv and see fucking Dane Cook sell out MSG, I can't even get 5 fucking people out to support me.  I'm bending over backwards, jumping through every hoops, even offering to pay for those who say they would but can't afford it.  But no. They want none of it.  "Next time."

Well there won't be a next time, I can't handle the humiliation of it anymore.  If I get left hanging high and dry AGAIN I just don't know how I will respond.