Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 478883 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5430 on: November 29, 2010, 09:29:54 pm »
I feel you, Shee. The need for connections (and luck in grabbing connections willing to truly bend over backwards for you) is becoming a huge drag on our economy in general, I think. The major challenge we all face is to find leaders in our respective industries willing to make use of our talent. I have a feeling you've got the capacity to go where you want to, especially after seeing that Doritos commercial sketch you were in awhile back. Even if it didn't air, I really had the feeling I was watching a professionally made commercial or one of those high quality, cinematic SNL skits.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: November 30, 2010, 01:33:12 am »
I guess it's all about the turnout for them, Shee. You can't take it personally. Take it professionally: If this isn't working for you, then don't work for it. Deploy the torpedoes on that one-horse hole-in-the-wall and set out for your audience.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5432 on: November 30, 2010, 06:34:29 pm »
So I was paying for the CELTA, and I get this prompt to use SecureCode. Googled and found this:

http://consumerist.com/2008/04/its-impossible-to-cancel-arcots-securecode-on-your-mastercard.html

Fucking great. Looks like I'll just forget using a credit card and try an international bank transfer.

I fucking hate credit/finance bullshit like this. If I've ever felt an emotion like the urge to murder, it's triggered by stuff like this.

Edit: Looks legit, but why is it being handled by Arcot or whatever? Mastercard couldn't afford to have it on their own domain? Sheesh.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 07:28:25 pm by ZeaLitY »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: December 02, 2010, 11:59:12 am »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamz%C3%ADk_TV_Tower

The VEŽA restaurant ceased operation in May 2010 due to a lack of customers, and all its operations including the restaurant chefs and staff have now moved to the 'West Restaurant' at the 'Best Western West Hotel' about 100m down the tower approach road. The VEŽA restaurant's website is however still active and the phone lines divert through to the Best Western Hotel. It is not clear if the VEŽA establishment will reopen under a new guise or left to be derelict.

What the fuck?! Damn, that sucks. I had no idea I'd be one of the last fucking people to eat in that restaurant (well, a year out, at least). Sad.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: December 03, 2010, 09:05:18 pm »
No pilot for me :(  It's ok though, it went real well, I left it all out there.  Finally asked out this certain layday, and to my surprise she said yes! 

First date anxiety is the worst sometimes.  Regardless I either further a relationship with someone I care about or I'm issued a comedy gold mine.  Win/win, quite frankly, but until then just fightin the jitters.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: December 04, 2010, 06:28:31 am »
My left wisdom tooth shattered today when I was eating.
Though it didn't hurt, but half of the tooth doesn't make the tongue too comfortable.

:picardno :picardno :picardno

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: December 04, 2010, 08:13:03 am »
Ouch! Hope you can get that fixed utunnels. Or more likely, pulled? Just don't let it get abscessed.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: December 10, 2010, 01:56:10 am »
Loud...
annoying...
neighbours.

Shut the FUCK UP.

THIS IS NOT A GODDAMN COLLEGE DORMITORY.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: December 10, 2010, 01:51:36 pm »
Ah, welcome to the world of renting! Heh. Just balance out their ruckus with your nightly live performances of Jackhammers On Ice.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: December 10, 2010, 09:48:21 pm »
I have a badass cold, and it's interfering with my ability to summon resolve. I just want to lay back, play a game, etc.

NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKER

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5440 on: December 13, 2010, 09:04:37 am »
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU**********!!! My monitor's busted and Samsung LED isn't in stock till next week! GODDAMMIT more waiting! Not only my work is halted but I can't initiate the Compendium Bookmarks/Cards fest unless I get one!

People keep telling me to settle for LG/Acer. No. Tushantin only settles for the best.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: December 13, 2010, 05:22:58 pm »
Gettin' the run around...still haven't gone on the date which means no happiness OR comedic gold!!!  Whether her flakey-ness is legit excuses or dodging me, the sheeit is...ahem....frustrating. (SEE WHAT I DID THERE???)

Bah, otherwise fine.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: December 17, 2010, 05:23:05 am »
Java updates....

wish they weren't so goddamn intrusive.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5443 on: December 17, 2010, 10:16:11 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9tJW9MDs2M
 :picardno

I'm not a Justin Beiber hater nor am I a fan. But although this song was quite touching some people just DON'T want to enjoy anything or even thinking about humanity. Anti-conformity is annoying, way more than any obsessed fandom, and if you need any evidence, this dude called "bajskorv03" seems to lurk around Justin Beiber Youtube pages for countless of hours just so he can waste his life spreading some hate. Any other JB video he can do what he wants, but why THIS specifically?

Now I'm not really trying to defend JB, but when it comes to the topic about Humanity I get pretty touchy. Normally at any circumstances I'd simply not get involved in complicated things, but if I'm working at a charity place helping the poor and orphans, and some prick shows up tossing rocks at both the celebrities appearing there AND at the children, (nevermind the celebrities, but for the sake of children) I'm sure gonna head up and break the prick's face.

Often I wonder if humans being a master race was a grave mistake. Is suffering truly the only way people will ask important questions? Why are we humans, despite being the most intellectually advanced species, so stupid? Why are we so blind to notice what's truly wrong with the world?

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: December 17, 2010, 02:29:07 pm »
I didn't click the link, but I'm assuming you're going on about a YouTube comment here.  Not exactly a community of intelligence, those YouTube comments...