Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 485111 times)

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5115 on: April 10, 2010, 03:40:17 pm »

ZaichikArky, you don't want to have what I have.

It's not as severe as autism, but it's not without its pay-offs.

Those who have what I have tend to show their inner thoughts more through speech (quite bluntly, I might add) and have a hard time maintaining their tact in conversations when the topics (and those talking about them) get deep and involved.  They say honesty is the best policy, but in this case, honesty comes with some baggage when you have a certain thought that needs to get out but can't because it might offend someone.

It's not all that fun, and the extreme cases are really sad to observe and study.

However, if it's the extreme case that piques your curiosity, I would recommend Pretending to be normal : Living with Asperger's Syndrome by Liane Holliday Willey.  Personally, I couldn't relate to it because I don't have a severe case of it like the author, but this is where my frustration kicks in:

It's classified as a "disease"

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5116 on: April 10, 2010, 04:42:55 pm »
Went to an upscale restaurant yesterday, and half the fucking menu is Italian bullshit. How the fuck am I supposed to know what the fuck to order when I don't fucking speak goddamned Italian? I'm not an iPhone trendster either, so it's not as if I can pull out Google Language on the spot like some worthless pseudointellectual and peck the terms in one by one. Stupid fucking bullshit; the entire obsession with Italian culture is similarly fucking stupid. Congratulations; Gucci a horde of other worthless tripe comes from Italy, and it's all overpriced, slave-labor-designed, needless bullshit. Anyone who bottom-feeds Italian brands should be reminded that it's the fucking token third world country of Western Europe.

Fuck that noise.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #5117 on: April 10, 2010, 04:43:44 pm »
@ Genesis- Yep, I'm the same way, but I don't have Aspergers. I'm very blunt and I have social problems. Also, not all people with Aspergers have outstanding memory. Actually yesterday I filled out some kind of facebook questionnaire that said that I have a very high Autistic spectrum profile or something like that. I am fairly certain I don't have Aspergers, though. Just still living with ADHD. They're kind of similar in many ways, actually...

Back to the bitching thread- I've been upset with my bestest internet friend for months and months because he's even more terrible with communicating with me than lately. I confronted him with this the other day and I found out he's more depressed than I thought. I hope he feels better, but I miss talking to him and really, it's not that hard to have a 15 minute conversation with someone, is it? He can't really even do that.

Also, I am becoming more depressed because I still can't sleep right. Oh and I'm reallllly tight on money this month....

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: April 12, 2010, 01:28:43 pm »

Current frustration:

Too many furlough days here at my University!  I'm not getting enough class days to actually feel that involved in the assignments I am given.  It sucks because its really the students who have to tighten their belts because the folks up in the state Capitol suffer from some very sloppy management.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: April 12, 2010, 04:45:51 pm »
Went to an upscale restaurant yesterday, and half the fucking menu is Italian bullshit. How the fuck am I supposed to know what the fuck to order when I don't fucking speak goddamned Italian? I'm not an iPhone trendster either, so it's not as if I can pull out Google Language on the spot like some worthless pseudointellectual and peck the terms in one by one. Stupid fucking bullshit; the entire obsession with Italian culture is similarly fucking stupid. Congratulations; Gucci a horde of other worthless tripe comes from Italy, and it's all overpriced, slave-labor-designed, needless bullshit. Anyone who bottom-feeds Italian brands should be reminded that it's the fucking token third world country of Western Europe.

Fuck that noise.

Really?  Can't read it so you slam Gucci?  Over priced shit with shady labor at best comes from everywhere.  Sounds like you're more pissed about not having complete control over the particular situation (due to a language barrier) than anything else.  Because if you really hated the culture as much as you say you do, then you can do better than designer leather.

idioticidioms

« Reply #5120 on: April 13, 2010, 06:50:32 am »
heh, seeing as how I'm at a downspot in my bipolarousity, I think I'll take a stab at that. (that's my frustration, btw.)

I mean, let me get this straight: You're actually pissed off because you went to an upscale Italian Restaurant without being aware that the more expensive a themed restaurant is, the more authentic it gets? I thought everyone knew that. Hell, you see it in movies all the time, lol. I don't mean to make fun of your gripe, Z, but even you have to look back at it and tell yourself you should have known better and you really shouldn't hate on Italians just because you couldn't speak their language. I mean, come on, going to fancy Italian Restaurant is like going to any restaurant ran by mexicans. If you don't know the language, you shouldn't go in.

And then you start in on society for being obsessed with Italian culture when you're the one who tried to go to an upscale Italian Restaurant without knowing the language. That's like a troll getting on someone's case for trolling.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: April 13, 2010, 08:00:36 am »
...the more expensive a themed restaurant is, the more authentic it gets?

Truth.  I can't tell you how many times I've gone to a fancy Indian or Thai restaurant and the menu is in (what a shocker!) Hindi or Thai.  You just gotta roll with the punches and ask the waiters what stuff means, or what they would recommend if you like [insert whatever kind of food].  At least if it's Italian it has the Latin alphabet.  :)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: April 13, 2010, 09:38:56 am »
That's not a function of expense, at least in Seattle. Italian, Thai, French, or whatever else...you're as likely to have the menu presented in a transliteration at the Greasy Spoon as you are at the La d'Da.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: April 13, 2010, 10:38:24 am »
My frustration:

Quote from: My Employers
Beginning at 6:30 AM (PST), we will have a 15-20 minute upgrade to our system. Please save your work and log out of the system prior to the upgrade.

This announcement was made sometime after 6:20 AM (PST), and I didn't see it. I still found out about it, though, when I found myself unable to progress past a point requiring a new page load. Heh.

Oh well. Coffee break!

Update: Something went horribly wrong with my coffee. It came out about one-third as strong as I was expecting. Do you know what weak coffee with full creamer tastes like? My advice; don't learn.

Second Update: After the coffee break ended...

Quote from: My Employers
Beginning at 6:30 AM (PST), we will have a 45 minute upgrade to our system. Please save your work and log out of the system prior to the upgrade.

Well, how about that!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 11:00:10 am by Lord J Esq »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: April 13, 2010, 10:45:07 am »
Hello, yes, I'd to order a Liberty Steak, with a side of Freedom Fries and Liberty Cabbage. I'll have Greek Coffee to drink and an order of Cyprus Delight for dessert. Oh, and can I have a bowl of water for my Alsatian?

Thanks, that'd be super.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: April 13, 2010, 10:50:54 am »
Pft. I'd rather have roasted meat with avocado sauce, sour cream, and rooster beaks, served on a flatcake.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5126 on: April 13, 2010, 11:25:11 am »
It's not an upscale Italian restaurant at all; it has an Anglo name and also has a couple indecipherable French names on the menu. You can't even order spaghetti there. If I were the fucking proprietor of a restaurant, especially in Texas, I would ensure my customers know what they can order by providing convenience translations. I'm slamming designer brands because they are crap. My best friend is a fashion designer who's worked on everything under the sun and worked for nearly all the major houses. It's slave labor, planned obsolescence, and pure plagiarism. And yet people devour it like it's goddamn gold.

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #5127 on: April 13, 2010, 12:15:54 pm »
I'm slamming designer brands because they are crap. My best friend is a fashion designer who's worked on everything under the sun and worked for nearly all the major houses. It's slave labor, planned obsolescence, and pure plagiarism. And yet people devour it like it's goddamn gold.

Bottled water...

Need I say more?

EDIT: Ok, to be fair, bottled water might come in handy during a hurricane, earthquake or other natural disaster where you are in short supply of water, but even then a gallon of Piggly-Wiggly brand will do more for you than a bottle of Le Watter pisse chère française, and it's probably cheaper. -_-"

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: April 13, 2010, 12:34:20 pm »
Don't even get me started on bottled water...

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: April 14, 2010, 04:07:55 pm »
I'm annoyed with my roommates (again.  Always, really).  I want to be pensive and quiet and they are being loud and obnoxious in the other room.  These past two weeks have been very hard and Blonde Screecher (one of the roommates) is becoming increasingly more passive-aggressive.  I have no idea why she thinks it's perfectly alright to act like a 13 year old, but whatever.

I can't stand passive-aggressiveness.  Or bitchiness.  Or immaturity.  Thus, I can't stand Blonde Screecher.