Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 485176 times)

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #3825 on: September 01, 2009, 03:30:20 pm »
Yaaay virgos~ When's your birthday , V? Mine's the 12th. I'm really happy it isn't the 11th XD;.

Also, winter has always been my favorite season, so the start of the changing temperature is always a plus for me : ). My least favorite season is Spring. For some reason, Spring is usually when I'm most depressed.

kingpingu30

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Cos I am the actual king of the pingus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: September 01, 2009, 04:09:09 pm »
I hate a lot of stuff... too much for anyone to take in without their head exploding...

GRR.... Maybe its cos I'm 16 though.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: September 01, 2009, 04:18:12 pm »
yeah im a capricorn i guess. dont really care about that kind of thing. the fall is one of my favorite seasons though. up here in connecticut its just so stunning. all the senses come together. the crisp breeze brushing your skin, the scent of leaves burning, the sound of the woodland critters gathering up things to stuff their faces with, the taste of pumpkin pie (damn that shits good), and of course the bright reds of the trees as they shed their leaves.
fall is awesome.

my frustration is that my job is doing horrible things to my back. i dont think ive ever felt this stiff and sore before. hopefully ill limber up in time.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: September 01, 2009, 05:05:43 pm »

Yeah.  On the one hand, I find astrology to be a load of bunk.  On the other hand, I find it funny how people will read and take to heart what their horoscope for the day reads.

No hard feelings, V.  Not the best choice of words from me to you.

Man, I'm already wishing that September was over with, and it's only the first.  RRRRGH! :x

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: September 01, 2009, 05:51:49 pm »
The word "infarction." It may very well be one of the ugliest sounding word in all of the Indo-European language group.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3830 on: September 01, 2009, 06:20:43 pm »
My birthday's the 13th. I think I've said it before, but they get even crazier with the blood type stuff that Japan & such do. Though perhaps it was partially made so that people would remember their blood type...lord knows I don't know mine...>_>

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #3831 on: September 01, 2009, 06:37:47 pm »
The word "infarction." It may very well be one of the ugliest sounding word in all of the Indo-European language group.
My goodness--I feel the same way.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3832 on: September 01, 2009, 08:29:01 pm »
My birthday's the 13th. I think I've said it before, but they get even crazier with the blood type stuff that Japan & such do. Though perhaps it was partially made so that people would remember their blood type...lord knows I don't know mine...>_>

Oh cool, yours is the day after mine : D. I'm not so into astrology, but I do read into my various signs a little. I wish I knew my blood type because that's something I've always been curious about. The only real way for me to know is to donate blood and I'm very scared of that. Maybe it's somewhere in my hospital records, but whenever I go, I forget to ask them...

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: September 01, 2009, 09:48:04 pm »
Current Frustration: Make up work. I despise it so. They show no mercy. But I need to get it all done, for the sake of grades. If only I hadn't gotten the flu in the first place.

Grah...

--------

I'm an O positive. Lucky me?

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #3834 on: September 01, 2009, 10:45:56 pm »
Two more awesome things about September.

The Black Dahlia Murder - Deflorate

Dethklok - The Dethalbum II

Glen

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Shishnet.org
« Reply #3835 on: September 02, 2009, 10:02:47 pm »
Two more awesome things about September.

The Black Dahlia Murder - Deflorate

Dethklok - The Dethalbum II
Fucking <3

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: September 03, 2009, 01:35:59 am »
Current frustration: the fpdf library... This thing is about as bare as ncurses when it comes to built in functionality, and the first thing I have to make with it is a professional-looking report template with plenty of tables and formatted tidbits.  I hope that if I learn to use this thing it will at least be something that I can make use of again and again (and again, and possibly a few more times after that).  

I try not to let things like this get me down, but I'd definitely be kidding myself if I said I was happy to be learning this right now.

Edit:  And yet, somehow, after I vent everything magically begins to make sense.  I may get a good chunk of this done tonight.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 02:32:40 am by Uboa »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: September 03, 2009, 06:12:05 pm »
People are pissed at Obama for giving a back-to-school address?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20090903/pl_ynews/ynews_pl888_1

Okay, I understand the concerns over indoctrination, and that should always be watched out for in a Democratic society. But give the guy a chance, people. What the kids will take away from it is that they've got an African American in a powerful position in front of them. It could very well do wonders for the emotional and psychological state of young African American males, who are, on average, prone to horrid life outcomes on account of both their immediate social environment and the typical pop culture portrayal of the Black Man.

Perhaps to balance this, the administration should encourage teachers to have debates in class. But I'm not sure what there is to debate in the following?
Quote from: Barack Obama
I'm going to be making a big speech to young people all across the country about the importance of education; about the importance of staying in school; how we want to improve our education system and why it’s so important for the country.

I guess there could be some controversy in the "improving our educational system" part, but there shouldn't be any question about the rest.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3838 on: September 03, 2009, 06:34:10 pm »
*shrug* The leader of a nation is the most difficult job in the world to have. There are always going to be some dumbasses who disagree with every word you utter or any action you take. I think Obama is doing very well with any criticism he has received.

Man, I feel like such a MORON when it comes to circut breakers. I couldn't get my oven to work for several days because the circuit breaker popped and while I tried to turn it back on, I couldn't figure out the position the switches were supposed to be in. So I had a repairman come in and this time, I had him propperly teach me the correct positions (and he even wrote in pen on the circuit breaker) of the switches. This was the second time this happened, the first time being 3 years ago and that time the repairman just switched them back correctly and left. Guuuuuh *stupid* ;_;. At least now I feel like I championed the circuit breaker XD;. It really is worse if the toilet breaks. I hope that never happens again.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: September 03, 2009, 07:44:15 pm »
=)

It can be intimidating...goodness knows that's how I feel when I'm around programmers.