Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484431 times)

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #3480 on: August 01, 2009, 07:19:30 am »
Avoiding my chickens.  They're growing SO fast....and it hurts as their independence strengthens.  For the first time in my life I feel like a parent.  Which is silly to think of because I work with children yet am discussing chickens right now.  I've put in tons of time and effort (not to mention some $$$) to make sure theses bastards are ok, and they don't even know it!!!!! 8)

All joking aside, it's really ok.  Just feel like a Mom letting go of her kids or something like that.  They must be going through bird puberty or some shit, because every once in a while I'll go to pull some thread out of a foot or simply just pet one and they'll run away.  Then I shrug and walk away, but they follow basically yelling, "don't go!  doooooon't gooooo!"  Then I turn around and crouch to say hello and they run away again, saying, "bah, we don't need to anyways..."  Rinse and repeat.

Also been thinkin' of some of the most recent heartbreakers lately for the first time in a long time...treacherous waters they be...

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #3481 on: August 01, 2009, 05:15:41 pm »
Codeine and Midol and inhaler and soda without food: Bad idea. Now I'm all jittery and can hardly hold my tablet straight. At least the heat's gone down :franky

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3482 on: August 02, 2009, 03:50:21 am »
Sucks. I just found out that one of my friends has HIV. He used to be my best friend when I was 15... actually through 17, but then we had a massive falling apart. 2 years ago, I agreed to let him back into my life because I could tell that he changed his life. Our mutual friend confirmed that he was clean off hard drugs for over a year and we began talking again. So now I find this out...

I know that people with HIV can live quite a while, but this is quite tragic for me. I wish that he had made better decisions in his life. I don't think that being there for him when he was in his worst situation would have changed the outcome, but it is just very sad that his life is very much cut short because of the wrong decisions he has made. When I was 16, I was there for him when a friend of his died from AIDS... I wish that would have made more of an impact on his life, but I guess it didn't as much as I thought it would.

I'm not really sure, but I guess I'll keep talking to him. I am hesitant to move our relationship to anything further than what we have now.

I have found out through him that our mutual friend through all these years is completely subservient to her boyfriend. She doesn't return any of our calls, and nothing that we can do gets her to acknowledge us. For a while, it seemed to me that she was trying to get her life back, but it has taken a turn for the worse. Both me and him do not want to pursue her any longer. I won't pursue her until she breaks up with this guy, but I'm not sure if she'll ever have the sense to do that... It really sucks because while we have been friends since we were 15, she has not made any effort to value our friendship for quite a while...

*sigh*

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3483 on: August 02, 2009, 01:57:18 pm »
http://digg.com/celebrity/Megan_Fox_Rejects_Seth_Rogan_s_Kiss_VID

FUCK these Diggers.

You have a right to your own fucking body. Megan Fox can refuse to kiss whomever the fuck she wants. Any men who want to kiss her can fuck themselves for feeling indignant that she won't reciprocate. This reminds me of so many male fucking assholes I've seen in my life who force social hugs and kisses on girls simply because the girls don't want to make a scene or don't want to offend them. No one should be fucking violated like that. Fucking fuck those fuckers.

Also, what is the appeal of Seth Rogen? I've failed to understand ever since this was released:

It's like he has masterful appeal to derelicts. I don't get him.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3484 on: August 02, 2009, 02:02:10 pm »
I have found out through him that our mutual friend through all these years is completely subservient to her boyfriend. She doesn't return any of our calls, and nothing that we can do gets her to acknowledge us. For a while, it seemed to me that she was trying to get her life back, but it has taken a turn for the worse. Both me and him do not want to pursue her any longer. I won't pursue her until she breaks up with this guy, but I'm not sure if she'll ever have the sense to do that... It really sucks because while we have been friends since we were 15, she has not made any effort to value our friendship for quite a while...

*sigh*

Some people would say, "it's not your right to intervene in other people's lives or tell them how they should live." And some people would say, "She needs to find her own way out of this situation."

But if you really care as a friend, and/or her situation is really getting bad, don't hesitate to launch an interventionist nuke, especially if you'll regret not doing so later after the situation gets even more worse. Make things awkward and uncomfortable. Lay it down. Even if she doesn't improve, it's at least insurance against feeling bad over it personally down the line.

A lot of my friends are on terms such that they know to criticize me if I ever slip or get depressed. And this is a fantastic thing.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 02:04:24 pm by ZeaLitY »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: August 02, 2009, 02:31:27 pm »
On a related note, people aren't fat enough. That definitely frustrates me.

Were you joking, or are you serious? And if you are serious, then please elaborate.

Seconding this, I'm kind of confused. Are you talking about people being anorexic and eating disorders being so common these days?

I thought it was pretty straightforward...

Anyhow, my frustration of the moment is the tenuousness of my Internet connection, which has plagued me for a week now. The real frustration is that I have little control over it. Short of training myself as a broadband phone line technician, the best I can do is rip out the phone jack from my wall and measure voltages (which I did). The phone utility room is locked away, and I can't afford the heavy duty equipment. Nope...it's just me, my multimeter, a flashlight, and a screwdriver.

Why does the Internet forsake me? =(

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #3486 on: August 02, 2009, 04:14:29 pm »
I can laugh at a bawdy sense of humor(hell, I thought Forgetting Sarah Marshall was funny as hell the first time around) but Seth Rogen pretty much keeps making the same movie over and over again.

After a while, its just bleh from him.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #3487 on: August 02, 2009, 04:41:06 pm »
Frustration: Blood stains. They're impossible to remove completely unless you get them while they're still wet.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3488 on: August 02, 2009, 04:46:35 pm »
^ Hm... don't really think so. Just wash them out with cold water and soap. If you don't hand wash them before they go in the dryer, you're screwed, though. I always try to make sure to hand wash them before they go into the machines, and I always have a good outcome.

As for Megan Fox... that bitch always makes it into the tabloids. From not kissing some dumbass to not accepting a flower from a kid. I am very ambivalent towards her. Sometimes I think she needs to keep her big stupid mouth shut, and sometimes I silently applaud her for being a bit more of a rebel than most of the other hollywood dimwitted sluts(and yes, she falls into that category, along with Spears, Gaga, Simpson, and a ton of others). 

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: August 02, 2009, 05:08:58 pm »
The deal with Seth Rogen is 1- he's a great writer.  2 - he looks like a normal person.  3 - he's funny to a lot of people.  Combine all those and you'll get someone popular.  He shows that you don't hsve to look like a Pitt or Clooney to "make it."  Zack and Miri was a massive let down, but I really enjoyed some other stuff he's done.

Really all there is to him, and if you think he doesn't work his ass off you'd be mistaken.  As far as Megan Fox goes, who cares about her anyway?  If a dude wants to kiss her, can't blame him really.  Now if she says no and he gets all huffy puffy then it's a different story.  I know what you mean with those "forced social situations."  You'd think some guys would get it after a while....

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #3490 on: August 02, 2009, 05:22:29 pm »
http://digg.com/celebrity/Megan_Fox_Rejects_Seth_Rogan_s_Kiss_VID

FUCK these Diggers.
I love the fact if she doesn't kiss him the diggers will scream that she's a bitch and if she does kiss him she's a slut. AND even though she didn't kiss him they call her a slut. Fantastic.

Cheap sarcasm aside, I've always hated this: people consider a woman either a bitch or a slut for her actions, or lack thereof. Do men get labeled as harshly? I dunno. But fuck me sideways, this annoys the shit outta me. Labels, pejoratives, misnomers...I wish we would strive harder to get away from these things.

Seth Rogen is pretty funny as an actor, but he's written some particularly good stuff, in my opinion. I was a huge fan of Superbad and Pineapple Express--but his acting is always the same; humorous without being particularly funny. And Megan Fox...is she a good actress or is she just usurped for her looks? I guess the two of 'em share one thing in common: unnecessary hype.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #3491 on: August 02, 2009, 05:39:25 pm »
You see the same thing with a lot of male actors and people speculating that they're gay, although that's probably not as widespread.

I'm sure the high Q rating and million dollar contracts will help her forget about the mean old Diggers that call her a skank or a bitch.

And yes, she did sell her dignity for money and fame. That's essentially what makes celebrities and politicians different from regular people.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3492 on: August 02, 2009, 06:14:58 pm »
I don't think Seth Rogan IS acting most of the time...He seems to be like most of his characters. I like him though. He's a funny looking Jew (his words!) and he knows it and works it. :lol: & yeah, I guess I'll agree with the good writer bit...It's still gonna be effing weird to see him as the Green Hornet, though...>_>

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: August 02, 2009, 10:39:17 pm »
That Seth Rogen segment is bizarre to me; there really wasn't a hint of awkwardness on Fox's part to the point that it seemed Fox didn't so much reject him as simply not notice what he was trying to do -- in other words, focused on the task at hand, which was getting the interview done. Either that, or she is so experienced at this that she's able to shut down men that smoothly. If the latter, I'm actually impressed at what she did there.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3494 on: August 02, 2009, 11:09:07 pm »
My filling in one of my teeth fell out last week.

I just went to brush and I must've upset it because

OW OW OW OW ;__________________________________________________________________________;