Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484429 times)

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2310 on: March 10, 2009, 08:08:02 pm »
Yikes. I don't really remember what it was like when my granma died, but I don't think I have fond memories of it. Support your family as much as you can, but don't forget to support yourself.

So, it turns out that the thing my computer has against Youtube isn't just against Youtube. Firefox completely crashed after a few minutes worth of Blendtec videos. I'm starting to think it might be a flashcard related issue. Either that or my computer just hates everything I love so...

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: March 11, 2009, 12:04:28 am »
I'm frustrated that rice will swell to encompass whatever volume of liquid you provide it, thus rendering many a soup unfortunately stew-like.

Edit: Oh, rice...I can't stay mad at you!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 12:06:36 am by Lord J esq »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: March 11, 2009, 12:46:17 am »
Quote from: Lord J
I'm frustrated that rice will swell to encompass whatever volume of liquid you provide it, thus rendering many a soup unfortunately stew-like.

Edit: Oh, rice...I can't stay mad at you!

The make-up meals are always the best. There's no other way pizza and I could have stayed together so long.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 12:48:06 am by FaustWolf »

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: March 11, 2009, 02:14:09 am »
What's frustrating me atm?

If Americans were to rebel against the government, I'd have to fight my best friend. :(

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: March 11, 2009, 02:36:00 am »
Is it because he is military or because he sides with the goverment, because if its the former the he could still side with the people and in fact be a great asset then.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2315 on: March 11, 2009, 02:41:09 am »

If Americans were to rebel against the government, I'd have to fight my best friend. :(

Not going to happen.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: March 11, 2009, 02:52:24 am »

Not going to happen.
True.  No matter how deep corruption goes everyone thinks the next votes will change it all.  Even if they're voting for more of the same and can't see it.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: March 11, 2009, 03:28:51 am »
Is it because he is military or because he sides with the goverment, because if its the former the he could still side with the people and in fact be a great asset then.

He just joined the Air Force, so he's have to side with the president.

Not going to happen.

I wish it would. I hate the corruption in this fucking government. I wish they would all be purged. Every single one of them.

True.  No matter how deep corruption goes everyone thinks the next votes will change it all.  Even if they're voting for more of the same and can't see it.

That's why I want Congress to be removed from power. Look at the fucking stimulus bill, billions of dollars to RESEARCHING PIGS!? Go to hell America.

KebreI

• View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: March 11, 2009, 03:34:34 am »
But think of it...SUPER BACON! :lol:

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: March 11, 2009, 03:38:38 am »

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: March 11, 2009, 03:48:39 am »
For 3 days now, my hot water has been broken. I'm about to take my third ice cold shower this week.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: March 11, 2009, 03:52:49 am »
Next year, my college is doubling the price of units from 20 dollars to 40 dollars.

To put into perspective: I need to take at least 12 units to keep my insurance, both life and car (fuck you CA), right now I pay 240 a semester. Next year I'd pay 480 dollars, and that doesn't cover the cost of books and other materials either!

So you can see why I think this government is a joke, they'd rather waste money on useless stuff than education, health*, law enforcement, etc.

*I take health back, we're getting socialized healthcare! YAY! *shoots himself*

For 3 days now, my hot water has been broken. I'm about to take my third ice cold shower this week.

Fuck man, that sucks. I hate cold water.

KebreI

• View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: March 11, 2009, 03:54:42 am »
Its midnight and I suddenly want pancakes... :?

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: March 11, 2009, 03:55:35 am »
Its midnight and I suddenly want pancakes... :?

Damnit, now I do.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: March 11, 2009, 04:22:04 am »

He just joined the Air Force, so he's have to side with the president.

Assuming they haven't changed the oath of enlistment, then his first and foremost priority and duty is the defense of the US Constitution, which is the physical embodiment of the contract between the people and their government.

Following orders that break the government's contract with the people is downright un-American, unpatriotic, and dishonorable in my book. I'd also consider such orders against the law, making it his duty to disobey them if such a thing were to happen.

Unfortunately, you'd be hard pressed to find any Airman, Officer or Enlisted, who's even thought to read the Constitution since they joined, yet alone think about how they'd handle themselves in such a situation.

As far as making change goes though, if you haven't gone so far as to write your representatives and hold them accountable for what they do in government, take part in awareness movements and petitions in your area of problems you've seen and changes you want made, or even just plain campaign and run for office yourself, then armed revolution shouldn't even be on the table yet.

And no, merely voting isn't good enough.