Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 489353 times)

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5265 on: July 03, 2010, 08:51:30 pm »
My xbox 360 went red again ......3rd time .
Costs 82 pounds every time to fix :S
Heh, that's the reason why it is nicked 'Princess 3-Red' here.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: July 03, 2010, 09:31:17 pm »
Heh, that's the reason why it is nicked 'Princess 3-Red' here.

Remarkably appropriate (and pretty cute) title.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: July 04, 2010, 05:19:56 pm »

I find it frustrating that sometimes, I really want to come back in here and post something, but the moment I want to, my mind draws a blank.

It's like I'm torn between posting and not posting. It hurts!  :x

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5268 on: July 05, 2010, 12:24:04 am »
I'm tired of friends detracting from my plan to get the CPA certification. This world is facing overpopulation and other distressing problems like resource disappearance. While I'm still humanist and believe in humanity's capacity for the ideal, I recognize that this world may get worse before it gets better, especially as the market system is strained. I still desire to achieve a few ambitions without fail in my life and there's a requirement of money and mobility for those. So in light of the world's peril, the value of an extra business qualification in fetching English-teaching work and pay, and the probability that the certification will be reciprocal with worldwide qualifications in a few years, I've chosen to get my CPA.

Meanwhile, some of my friends are hoping to get where they want to go just by feeling good about it and hoping. In a world where all entertainment and religion validates the notion that good things come to those who wait, yeah, it's pretty understandable that some people would think that, and rationalize it through spiritual concepts like magnetism to one's desires or gravity, or something. They have lofty goals too, but don't really subsume them under an actionable plan to realize them. Things don't happen in this universe because people wish them to. They come through action. If you want to go somewhere, you must travel there. If you want to meet someone, you must find them. If you want to achieve something, you must work towards it.

And so, I've got a reasonable goal, achievable in six months, that will buttress my European ambition and provide a very valuable backup plan for the future if things sour. It will also probably immediately translate into higher earnings in my jobs. This goal involves studying something I don't like but can tolerate and feel comfortable with. And this is an egregious sin to my friends.

I'm not sure where they think the world around them came from. It didn't materialize out of some vision of future civilization. It was built, just like great works of art or the infrastructure we have from the New Deal, by hands and hard work, whether on the field or behind a desk. And while I think the market system is riddled with flaws and corruption and acknowledge that I don't like accounting, I recognize that I have some lofty ambitions, and to be realized, they require work. I understand that many people fall into this line of thinking with far too much acceptance and for the only purpose of satisfying consumerist wants. For me, it is the most effective and direct route to completing my goal.

Occupations are such a minefield of "conventional wisdom" that I guess it's hard for some to let reason and logic cut through aphorisms like "do what you love", which confuse the process and the result. Down the line, I have an idea about using my accounting skills to get involved with a gender equality non-profit or the UN and do some serious damage to inequality in the world. Accounting is no big joy to me, but I'd be doing what I love: improving humanity. The process itself might not be what I love the most, but the result, created in realtime through my every action, would be. Even in the most beloved pursuits, there are still some obstacles to overcome, and some darkness and tedium to navigate. Ahab had to weather rough seas to reach Moby Dick. Great thinkers still had to tinker with language to convey their thoughts. Great artists still had to select and apply the right medium to translate their impressions. And great dreamers must still find ingenious, reliable ways to bring about their visions.

So fuck wishing. If a dream's over the horizon, then I'll rip it from the sky with these two arms!

« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 12:38:02 am by ZeaLitY »

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #5269 on: July 05, 2010, 03:24:09 am »
Your friends want you to not get certified and potentially miss out on a higher salary and job security? That's...that's just stupid.

If nothing else, thank...uh, ambition, I guess, that you're one of those people who actually handles his goals and future with some air of responsibility.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5270 on: July 05, 2010, 01:19:22 pm »
Things don't happen in this universe because people wish them to. They come through action. If you want to go somewhere, you must travel there. If you want to meet someone, you must find them. If you want to achieve something, you must work towards it.

And so, I've got a reasonable goal, achievable in six months, that will buttress my European ambition and provide a very valuable backup plan for the future if things sour. It will also probably immediately translate into higher earnings in my jobs. This goal involves studying something I don't like but can tolerate and feel comfortable with. And this is an egregious sin to my friends.

I'm not sure where they think the world around them came from. It didn't materialize out of some vision of future civilization. It was built, just like great works of art or the infrastructure we have from the New Deal, by hands and hard work, whether on the field or behind a desk.

Accounting is no big joy to me, but I'd be doing what I love: improving humanity.
So fuck wishing. If a dream's over the horizon, then I'll rip it from the sky with these two arms!
:lol: You forget. Our civilizations are built on wishes. We wished to fly and got ourselves airplanes. We wished to reach the stars and got ourselves rockets. We wished for love and got ourselves the world! But you're right; dreams don't come true when you keep dreaming it without opening your eyes and striving to make it a reality.

Keep your friends closer, but remember that they don't have you on a leash.  :kamina Lookin forward to yer accomplishments!

On another note...
http://sify.com/news/australian-police-tried-to-hush-up-attack-on-indian-news-international-kednucfffic.html
http://sify.com/news/teenage-boys-attack-indian-student-in-australia-news-international-khfraeiidbf.html

These aren't the only incidents, by the way. WTF is with Australian delinquents and their racial attacks on Indians?!?!

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: July 09, 2010, 04:59:06 am »
$$$ issues.  Ridiculous shit...

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: July 09, 2010, 12:22:59 pm »
$$$ issues.  Ridiculous shit...

I hear you...  :(

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: July 09, 2010, 04:11:48 pm »
Furrealz...not only are these fees ridiculous, but they're making it impossible for me to pay them!!!  If the online system doesn't work, and the phone system doesn't work, but they can't pay humans to help me on the phone, then what the fuck am I supposed to do???  Idiots...

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: July 10, 2010, 06:06:52 am »
I miss Uboa.  :(  A lot.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: July 10, 2010, 06:10:52 am »
No kidding. Me too. =(

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: July 11, 2010, 01:55:18 am »
Geeze, I feel I just run out of ideas of making something creative.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: July 12, 2010, 02:09:30 am »
With my car totalled and all, I have to get a new vehicle. Unfortunately, I cannot afford one, nor can my folks really. Apparently, the money that was to be used on our family vacation to Hawaii will be used on a new vehicle for my mother, and I will inherit her Mercury Mariner.

I've become a financial burden, of sorts.  :(

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: July 14, 2010, 12:27:39 am »
My love just...left me...so.......

I feel very frustrated.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: July 21, 2010, 12:36:47 am »
I'm trying to convince a friend not to self-injure.  She's being defensive and angry.  I know I shouldn't be mad because I know she's in a lot of pain but blah... I'm frustrated.