Author Topic: Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes Demo 2 Feedback  (Read 42443 times)

Mixmasta_K

• Porrean (+50)
  • T H I N K
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes Demo 2 Feedback
« Reply #240 on: November 19, 2006, 08:22:04 pm »
I made an account here after playing through the demo, so I could say how great the demo came along.

I found some of the maps to use a few incomplete tilesets, such as the snow forest in magus's chapter, and a few tiles fell on the wrong layer like in the Deandorino Mts.

Also, with all of the inaccessable places that freeze your game, it might help to just put an NPC event right at the entrances of those places to stop people from having to reset.

Dalton's hideout was a good idea, but you should make all of the entrances teleport events so that you can't cheat by just sticking the hero through the entrance to see if it's the right one. More rooms would be cool, too; and I suggest some more small battles in those rooms to make it feel like a full-on dungeon.

Saving Scala was a good idea to wrap up Magus's loose ends, and I could tell you obviously have plans for her. Just don't make her a clone of Magus and we'll all be happy. xD

I played the demo on a new game plus of maxed out characters, and I noticed that Chrono's Rainbow(AKA the "Death Wish" I think..) was a fist icon instead of a sword. Big letdown when I went to fight expecting chrono to use his bare hands. xD

I found most of the museum artifacts, and I find it to be a cool idea to have this be integrated throughout the game to have players go through an old dungeon again or to have an excuse to talk to all of the town NPCs.

Story-wise, I love the how you turn Porre and Guardia against eachother; it's a whole tangent off of most of the original CT storyline by going a litte political than usual. Be careful not to make the game way too wordy because of this though. The original CT story was great because the story was a little generalized to leave a lot to our imaginations.

One complaint of mine is the end of time. There is no reason for it to be abandoned since it will always exist no matter what. Even if Gaspar is gone, I think you should still have it be an accessable place.

Oh, and when you get an instrument out of a chest (either at the singing mountain or zeal palace ruins) it says "you recieved an Lnstrument!" or something like that. xD

Other than that, just poslish up here and there on your mappings and other small stuff and you have a great game in the works. :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 12:37:40 pm by Mixmasta_K »

ShoeMagus

• Guardian (+100)
  • "We are...the dreamers of Dreams."
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 22, 2006, 10:24:54 pm »
Well I'm playing through it now, having finally stopped being brain dead and so far I have two questions/complaints:

When you're sucked through time after the Time Egg explodes, how come Glenn doesn't use the Shakespearan accent? I mean it sounds kind of weird not hearing him talk like he normally does, human form or not. And for the record I can't really imagine him, the honorable knight, using the word "crap." '

But thats kind of nitpicky.

How can Chronopolis be located in the El Nido Archipelago? That didn't exist until after Chronopolis and Dinopolis traveled back in time if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe I'm crazy, but if you're going ofr plot continuity with the other games you might want to look into that.

Otherwise is good. I almost feel like I'm playing the real deal.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 22, 2006, 10:42:31 pm »
When you're sucked through time after the Time Egg explodes, how come Glenn doesn't use the Shakespearan accent? I mean it sounds kind of weird not hearing him talk like he normally does, human form or not. And for the record I can't really imagine him, the honorable knight, using the word "crap." '
He spoke that way in the Japanese version. The CE team changed his speaking style to be the same as the Japanese version because people didn't like the way he spoke in that scene in the first demo.
Quote from:  Glenn in CE Demo 1
GLENN: Masamune...
Ye helped realize mine dreams and hopes...

I once considered sealing thee back in yon cave, but nay, I shalt place thee where thine dreams are needed most...

In His Majesty's castle...

How can Chronopolis be located in the El Nido Archipelago? That didn't exist until after Chronopolis and Dinopolis traveled back in time if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe I'm crazy, but if you're going of plot continuity with the other games you might want to look into that.
The El Nido Sea is said to be an empty sea in this game. And we, the CE team, are working to make sure it fits in continuity.

ShoeMagus

• Guardian (+100)
  • "We are...the dreamers of Dreams."
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 24, 2006, 12:05:11 am »
Anybody else figure out how to make Crono talk? If you switch him out from the first space, whoever is leading will assume the role of silent protagonist. Just a fun thing I found. Probably already mowed over and stomped and figured out, but oh well.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 24, 2006, 12:09:39 am »
Sort of. It's very easy to forget to put the necessary stuff in there to prevent him from talking.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #245 on: November 24, 2006, 06:27:16 am »
I played the demo on a new game plus of maxed out characters, and I noticed that Chrono's Rainbow(AKA the "Death Wish" I think..) was a fist icon instead of a sword. Big letdown when I went to fight expecting chrono to use his bare hands. xD

Hm? I'm thinking probably because the maximum weapons weren't really worried about yet, because technically you weren't supposed to be able to get them yet. One of the few things I did do with CE is help come up with weapons names, and I don't recall that being one of Crono's. Of course, I've not really had anything to do with the project in half a year, so they could have changed something, but... I don't think so. ZeaLitY or Hadriel or one of them had a solid name for the final (and penultimate) weapons for Crono, and I don't see them having been changed.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 30, 2006, 11:30:50 pm »
I don't think so. ZeaLitY or Hadriel or one of them had a solid name for the final (and penultimate) weapons for Crono, and I don't see them having been changed.

I was always partial to Eternity blade, Ragnarok, or Atom Edge(Odin's Sword) for Crono. Artemis bow/Orion bow for Marle, Reaper for Magus, DiamndFist for Ayla, Atlas Arm for Robo. I had a good name for Lucca's Gun, but it escapes me for the moment.

rawdawg

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 19, 2007, 09:29:40 pm »
I was just wondering if there were any updates in the last 2 months?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 19, 2007, 09:53:15 pm »
Not too much. There's a secret mini-project to be released sometime in the next month or two, but I need to find a lead event programmer.

satchel_dawg

« Reply #249 on: January 20, 2007, 12:07:23 pm »
it's a cool demo, one problem is that at the end if you don't talk to schala and go to the elavator instead it will make you'r ending disappear. and when you go back through everything continue as useull, when you talk to schala plot progresses and eventuly you fight.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 07:09:50 pm by satchel_dawg »

Mullinsmcd

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 03, 2007, 02:26:39 am »
Would it be possible for the Project Leads to start a Stickied walkthru/FAQ thread?  Im stuck after the dragon tank is destroyed and Id like help but Id prefer not to use this thread so the thread doesn't get off-topic on general game bugs and such.  Someone PLEASE message me if they can help.

If I do have any request, I would say, make sure you have Cronos mom always repeat what the latest task is to make sure that its not lost.  For example , if you werent paying attention to the beginning and who to give the items to, it would take a lot longer to find out who to give the card to.  At the minimum have her repeat the last text she said regarding the task she gave us to do.  This way we always have some information in case we get lost or cannot figure out what to do.

Thanks

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 09, 2007, 11:35:03 am »
Would it be possible for the Project Leads to start a Stickied walkthru/FAQ thread?  Im stuck after the dragon tank is destroyed and Id like help but Id prefer not to use this thread so the thread doesn't get off-topic on general game bugs and such.  Someone PLEASE message me if they can help.

If I do have any request, I would say, make sure you have Cronos mom always repeat what the latest task is to make sure that its not lost.  For example , if you werent paying attention to the beginning and who to give the items to, it would take a lot longer to find out who to give the card to.  At the minimum have her repeat the last text she said regarding the task she gave us to do.  This way we always have some information in case we get lost or cannot figure out what to do.

Thanks
The thread is relatively quiet so I think we can keep the walkthrough questions here. After the Dragon Tank, you must return to Chronopolis to speak with Belthasar, by retrieving the Epoch hidden by Lucca in the Cathedral. Go to the room behind the chapel and Lucca will tell you about the secret passage.

And thank you for your suggestion. We will make sure things and information are better placed and explained :)

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 19, 2007, 06:12:56 pm »
WOW! All I can say is GREAT JOB! I was amazed. I really enjoyed it and can't wait until the next one comes out. It deffinately had the Chrono feeling and I loved some of the puzzles you had to do to figure out stuff like the dungeon Magus had to go through. I loved the plot and the things added to the towns like the ferry in Medina etc, I forgot it was just a demo and wasn't the real Chrono trigger.

Great job!!

The only glitches I noticed was towards the end of the demo before the search for Schala after you save Ayla if you go into Lucca's house it looks like a cut scene wil begin and the three party members you have will stand and look at her parents and Lara will walk around but noting will happen and than you can't move.

AkNerd

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 05, 2007, 10:39:53 pm »
I just got done playing the first part of the demo and i must say that you guys have done a terrific job. i cant wait for the finished copy. so far i only have a few complaints. The first is the begining quest, you should be able to do those in any order you want. Second is the dialogue for marle, lucca, crono's mom, and the king. i felt that some of the things they were saying didnt really fit their character. The third is the entrance to magus' dungeon. i would try to switch the position or(as stated above) have people in town or even the guy near the healing square say something about where to go. for example sargos could say, "i saw dalton heading off to the north side of the mountain" or something. but other than that stuff the game is GREAT. keep up the good work. o and just for fun see if you can put in the colliseum. that would keep people playing for a little longer.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 05, 2007, 11:22:25 pm »
You have access to the coliseum in Chronopolis just to let you know.