Author Topic: Chrono Trigger DS Analysis HQ (Spoiler Spoiler, of course)  (Read 139197 times)

ryu planeswalker

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger DS Analysis HQ (Spoiler Spoiler, of course)
« Reply #480 on: January 10, 2009, 11:23:54 pm »
yeah but didn't porre mostly stay out of El Nido untill the Dragoons got Backstabbed by Lynx?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 11, 2009, 12:13:54 am »
Unless you don't count that in 920 AD it was Porre the first one of the outside world to discover El Nido, and that after, people of the mainland started to come and go.

Zergplex

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • Zergplex ~ Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #482 on: January 11, 2009, 01:11:50 am »
yeah but didn't porre mostly stay out of El Nido untill the Dragoons got Backstabbed by Lynx?

If I remember correctly the Viper clan and the dragoons were descendants of the original explorer's of El Nido from 920, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ryu planeswalker

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 11, 2009, 01:27:28 am »
Unless you don't count that in 920 AD it was Porre the first one of the outside world to discover El Nido, and that after, people of the mainland started to come and go.

Wouldn't that also nullify the theory that Porre had an advantage with elements, if alot of people from the mainland were coming and going someone from Gaurdia could have easily gotten elements out.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #484 on: January 11, 2009, 04:10:39 am »
I'm pretty sure the Dragonians were the descendants of the scientists of Chronopolis...

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 11, 2009, 11:49:26 am »
My point wasn't elements that was just one example of something that he could have used but thanks for correcting me on how they got elements. My point was they had the tech just not the motive. Dalton had the motive. Plus he is a military genius, he could have some super takeover plan in store for them.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 11, 2009, 04:35:25 pm »
Seriously, Trans, tell me you're joking. The Dragonians were the descendants of the Reptites from a dimension where Lavos never fell.

Zergplex

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • Zergplex ~ Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #487 on: January 11, 2009, 04:38:32 pm »
Seriously, Trans, tell me you're joking. The Dragonians were the descendants of the Reptites from a dimension where Lavos never fell.

Actually they never state that Lavos never fell in their dimension, this is an assumption we make as in this dimension Lavos caused their extinction. You are correct that they are descendants of the Dragonians that inhabited Dinopolis after it is dragged to the Keystone Timeline.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 11, 2009, 06:58:55 pm »

He didn't mean the dragonians he ment the dragoons. In fact he was referring to this.

If I remember correctly the Viper clan and the dragoons were descendants of the original explorer's of El Nido from 920, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 11, 2009, 08:57:37 pm »
Quote from: Compendium Encyclopedia
Dragonians also settled in the area (El Nido), having survived the war with Chronopolis; they began creating Elements and other establishments.

Yeah, I said it wrong because they were both settling El Nido...It's not the Dragonians that were the descendants of the people of Chonopolis, but the people of El Nido that were descended from them both.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 11, 2009, 10:12:26 pm »
Ah, just a mistake then.

My bad. :oops:

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 11, 2009, 10:27:36 pm »
Well, it was still my fault, really...I get all that Cross stuff mixed up all the time...>_>

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 11, 2009, 10:28:06 pm »
S'alright, brother. :)

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 12, 2009, 05:15:31 pm »
Back to actual discussion, what does it matter what type of weapon Dalton had. Remember he has Golems also (which we still know very little about, he may be out or he may create them), I doubt any Gaurdrian solider could even strike a Golem, plus Dalton is also pretty powerful on his own. And what about Lynx, I don't remember correctly but couldn't he help. And perhaps this is how Norris proved himself to be a great general or sgt whatever his rank was. The point is the weaponry doesn't matter, if it's suppose to it hasn't shown any reason to be necessary yet. The only reason they won is because Dalton is actually a strong, powerful, and strategic military leader. Most of you just don't want to admit Crono could die to the hands of Dalton.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 12, 2009, 06:51:19 pm »
And what about Lynx, I don't remember correctly but couldn't he help.

Nope, bc the Fall of Guardia happened in 1005 AD and Lynx didn't exist until 1010 AD. It wouldn't even be possible anyways because Serge/Wazuki entered and left the Sea of Eden in 1006 AD. It apparently took 4 years to transform Wazuki into Lynx according to the script of Cross, and it was at that time that he tried to kill Serge via drowning. Also, he didn't even make contact with the Porre government until way after that. The first known time that he was on the Zenan Continent was in 1015 AD at the burning of Lucca's orphanage, ten years after the Fall of Guardia.