Author Topic: Chrono Trigger DS Analysis HQ (Spoiler Spoiler, of course)  (Read 139564 times)

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger DS Analysis HQ (Spoiler Spoiler, of course)
« Reply #435 on: January 09, 2009, 05:58:26 am »
The silly things drunk people think of. Even if the Miguel theory actually hits the mark like the Dalton theory did, why wouldn't Crono think of a better name?! Was he trying to hide THAT much? >_>

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 09, 2009, 06:00:45 am »
Wait, so you mean Miguel is supposed to be Crono?

Neku

• Iokan (+1)
  • ...do you think Leena thpontaneouthry combuthted?
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 09, 2009, 03:32:19 pm »
At least 'twas a theory posted around here. It's even mentioned in the Encyclopedia, if I remember correctly.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #438 on: January 09, 2009, 04:04:54 pm »
It's just a theory, and one that doesn't have a lot going for it.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #439 on: January 09, 2009, 05:27:25 pm »
The Dimension Vortexes are, go figure...different dimensions, though...Probably part of the original Keystone (K-1) timeline in which Lavos isn't destroyed (since they open once you defeat him)...?

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 09, 2009, 11:13:24 pm »
Actually, didn't Lucca die in her room? This is a great point. Also, Miguel isn't Crono, the Dalton theory at least had something going for it. Plus Crono is honorable, he wouldn't flee from a war.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #441 on: January 09, 2009, 11:34:56 pm »
He's not an idiot either, and it isn't a war persay, more like a raid. If it was a head on war, Porre would of gotten it's ass kicked by Crono, Marle and Lucca alone. The Guardian army Crono should of fixed, and in CTDS it says the army was hired by the Channceler, who is, at that point, evil. So Crono probably got rid of that army, and replaced it with a not stupid one. Porre probably did something Sneaky and unfair, if headed by Dalton, who tended to do that.

ryu planeswalker

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 09, 2009, 11:57:16 pm »
Perhaps Porre attacked Corras with a larger force, drawing off Marle and Crono to there then Dalton and an elite squad assaulted the castle, with Dalton dueling with the owner of the Masamune, which allowed him to steal it.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #443 on: January 10, 2009, 12:04:23 am »
I don't think anyone Owned the Masamune per say, but it was hidden. Like in CE. OOH! I KNOW! SEPHIROTH USED HIS TIME TRAVELL POWEERS TOU GO TO GEURDIA, AND THAIR HE FOUGHT DALTOON WITH HE'S MASAMUNE!! THEN, HE KIILED DALTOON AND TOOK OVER POORE AND THEN KILLED AERIS AND THEN KILLED MEGAMAN. Yes, I was making fun of Sephiroth fanboys. Anyways...  That makes sense, but I doubt it for some reason. The Spoiler tag is for off topicness.

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 10, 2009, 01:17:38 am »
Um...The Crono team ain't composed of gods, Crono was knocked out by a regular Guardia guard when he was sentenced. The whole group was also overpowered by a bunch of reptites until Ayla came to the rescue. They were just in situations that many others were not. Who knows how many great warriors Porre had, and how much Dalton's knowledge and planning helped them out. I mean, look how dang strong Miguel was! Also, with the Elements or technology, along with mass numbers, they could have surprised the group. There's also a different between bravery and stupidity; Crono could use a tactical retreat (Or just die in from of Nadia's Bell, like he died before Lavos.). Or hell maybe Lucca was right from the beginning, and someone from the changed future could have taken revenge on Crono and Marle. :P

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #445 on: January 10, 2009, 01:23:49 am »
Yeah, I just always think that Crono, Marle and Lucca are too awesome to be beaten by Dalton. Thats just Irony, I guess...  I don't like too think they died, it's just the way my mind works. They probably did, though.

ryu planeswalker

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 10, 2009, 01:26:14 am »
I don't think anyone Owned the Masamune per say, but it was hidden.

The only issue I see with that is that the Masamune was an important blade for Gaurdia, ((didn't Gaurdia the first use it, or am I confusing a comic I read with cannon?)) but the blade was used by atleast two of the highest ranking knights in the kingdom, and seeing as it was a powerful weapon when used properly I don't see why it would be stored and not used.

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 10, 2009, 01:39:25 am »
It was used. In order for the sword to taint, Melchior's, Frog's, Cyrus', and and Crono's dreams must have been beaten by some evil person with greater dreams. That person must have killed countless people with the blade. Probably Dalton, since he always loved attacking the weak. Who knows, Maybe Dalton killed the group with that very sword...

ryu planeswalker

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 10, 2009, 01:43:23 am »
Now there is an interesting theory, when combined with mine, Dalton uses the Porre army to remove Crono and Marle from the battle for a short time, sees the Masamune, recognizes it and uses it's power to Match Crono and Marle.

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 10, 2009, 01:46:22 am »
But what will Dalton do without the Hero's Badge? What now, hmm? What now?!