Author Topic: Another ol' Lavos Theory  (Read 13037 times)

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2006, 04:46:19 pm »
Actually, the SUN STONE kept all that energy. The Sun Palace only kept a constant flow of sunlight on a fixed position, and we know that the Sun Stone couldn't of released it's energy in the way you're suggesting or otherwise it would never have been ready for Crono and co. to use.

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2006, 06:37:10 pm »
I'm surprised that the Zealians didnt take the sun/moonstone for study.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2006, 03:52:25 am »
Quote from: Tonjevic
I'm surprised that the Zealians didnt take the sun/moonstone for study.

They probably did until the existence of the power emanating from Lavos far exceeded their interest level than anything elemental.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2006, 04:50:22 am »
Maybe they didn't need to. Melchior knows it all, so it seems as if they've studied it through. They've studdied it so much that the elemental palace was closed, and the energy of the sunstone was no need anymore, since Lavos' power not only powers Zeal but also will make their dreams come true.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2006, 03:54:19 pm »
And by thiers you mean Queen Zeal, since that was the only dream she meant.

Zaperking

• View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2006, 04:04:35 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
And by thiers you mean Queen Zeal, since that was the only dream she meant.

Melchior's dreams came true. Dalton got to rule... for a while. The other Zealians were also going to become immortal, except that Lavos ruined Zeal and woke up.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2006, 06:19:46 pm »
And yet; there's no evidence Lavos was responsible for Melchior's dreams coming true, as they weren't dreams like Zeal pursued after, but dreams as in manifest thought forms. The phrase "Lavos makes your dreams come true" Is probably less literal than you take it to be, Zapar. I think it's more like how "Money can make all your dreams come true" or that the love of your life "Can make all your dreams come true."

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2006, 07:31:24 pm »
To them Lavos = endless fuel supply.  Its not like he was some genie where you rub his shell and say "Hey Mr. Lavos!  Please grant my 3 wishes."  Lavos grants wishes the ways that the stock market can.  However much like the stock market Lavos can suddenly turn and completely destroy you...
Those who exploit Lavos become happy, those who do not are just normal peoples.

Zaperking

• View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2006, 02:59:15 am »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
And yet; there's no evidence Lavos was responsible for Melchior's dreams coming true, as they weren't dreams like Zeal pursued after, but dreams as in manifest thought forms. The phrase "Lavos makes your dreams come true" Is probably less literal than you take it to be, Zapar. I think it's more like how "Money can make all your dreams come true" or that the love of your life "Can make all your dreams come true."

Well, there actually is evidence. But from anyones view, it can be twisted around to their advantage. For instance, we see that people in Zeal do recognise Lavos' Power. They see that when harnessed, dreams can be made to come true. Zeal used that power to become immortal herself. Everyone else pretty much got a high off it. The fact that Zeal became immortal and much more powerful from it shows that Lavos' power can affect things such as that.

Also, there also the fact that Masa and Mune became the sword once Lavos' energy was embeded into it. By possibly tapping into it, they got their physical bodies etc.

Also, why do people call me Zapar? It's Zaper at most lol, but everyone does it lool XD

Namara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2006, 08:39:49 am »
Quote from: Zaperking

Also, why do people call me Zapar? It's Zaper at most lol, but everyone does it lool XD

Zapar rolls off the tongue easier than Zaper I guess. :P

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2006, 06:48:10 pm »
Atleast we're not calling you Zapper.

Anyway, seeing as how Masa and Mune were created long before the Masamune came in contact with Lavos, and how Lavos is one of the few people who wants NOTHING to do with Lavos....yea, whatever.

Zaperking

• View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2006, 02:33:25 am »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
Atleast we're not calling you Zapper.

Anyway, seeing as how Masa and Mune were created long before the Masamune came in contact with Lavos, and how Lavos is one of the few people who wants NOTHING to do with Lavos....yea, whatever.

I think you meant Melchior.

But remember, Melchior made the mammon machine along with the others. And he constantly had contact with dreamstone to make it, the flame and the pendant. Once he made the pendant, he probably charged it, coming in contact with that power.
Also, I distinctly remember someone saying or a quote in the game that said that Melchior studied Lavos before he was banished, so basically Melchior was neutral till he got to deep in the true secret of Lavos, defied the queen and got banished.

Theicedragon

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2006, 02:06:55 pm »
I think that what they mean by the planet dying is more or less humanity.  I think that there will always be life on the planet after Lavos.  All it takes is one cell, whether bacteria or whatever.  And also don't forget that the Sun is a constant energy source of a planet.  trees and other plant life use the sun as energy.  Unless the sun blacks out, there will always be an energy source for the planet.  And there are mutants and wild animals on death peak.  The planet will revive itself eventually, but human life would be over.  There is still water on the planet and it even rains/snows in 2300 AD.  As long as there is water, Sun, and an atmosphere, there is a chance that life can happen.  I agree with Paradox.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2006, 03:20:47 pm »
What sunlight? All the stuff that flys around in 2300 blocks the sunlight from coming in. Sure some gets in, but it's not the normal needed amount for things to grow properly. And what wild animals are on Death Peak?

Namara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2006, 03:32:44 pm »
There were some monsters that you face while going up Death Mountain if I recall correctly.  And you'd be surprised what plants can grow in any condition.  I'm sure that there would've been some that would've been able to grow with little to no sunlight.  Human life might be over, but there's other life that could find a way to live, even if it is just the mutants.

I honestly don't know why we're talking about a speculation for a future that didn't play out because Crono changed everthing, but it's something to discuss I suppose.