Author Topic: Another ol' Lavos Theory  (Read 12996 times)

Theicedragon

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2006, 08:08:17 pm »
Whoa!!! Wait a minute!!  I'm not saying that the planet is the Entity, as a matter of fact I don't believe the planet is the Entity.  I'm saying that naturally(dealing with the science of our world about planets and ecosystems, not magic) that the crono world could survive using that science.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2006, 02:16:53 pm »
Lets use the logic of ecosystems alright...
From POV of the Planet: Lavos = a parastite.  
Krakkers = Baby Lavos  
Baby Lavos + Time => Lavos
Therefore: Krakkers + Time => Lavos
Furthermore: Krakkers + Time => Parasite

Now before these Krakkers grow they need resources.  And until they reach certain age they will need energy and resources and suck it out of the host.  The Host is not eachother or Lavos, but indeed it is the Planet... plus why would they leave if they did not have to? Explain that.  Why should the Krakkers leave their host and resources.  Using our ecosystems... animals and parasites take advantage of resources as mush as possible.  Plus at least one of them (the strongest male if Lavos has gender) will stay and make the Planet their home.  This cycle will continue, and eventually the rest of the animal won't have energy, because these Krakkers will grow to Lavos, who will absorb energy, who will give birth, whose spawn will grow and consume energy, and etc.

That is how natural ecosystems work... now explain how the Planet can counter it.

Namara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2006, 10:37:28 pm »
I don't think that the Lavos Spawn could stay on the planet forever like you theorize.  Lavos had to use most of the planet's energy it seems to survive and spawn.  I would think that in order to survive, the spawn would have no choice but to go to other planets where they would be able to gather enough energy to gather enough to respawn, thus renewing the cycle onto other planets.  No doubt some of the spawn would remain behind on earth, but chances are that they would not respawn unless they buried themselves again and allowed the planet to regrow life completely before they even thought about gathering more energy to make more spawns.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2006, 11:18:16 pm »
Yes, but the spawns are going to stay on the surface and grow until there are no longer the resources to sustain them.  At that point the planet will be a lifeless rock.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2006, 01:13:03 am »
It all ends with a dead planet, infertile and incapable of supporting life...

Namara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2006, 10:11:27 am »
Who's to say that they have to stay until all of the energy is sucked up?  What if they left when they were mature enough to find their own planet, not necessarily when the planet runs out of energy?  The planet would then be left with the capability to recover.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2006, 07:01:35 pm »
According to natural ecosystems, one would probably stay, reproduce and keep a heavy drain on the planet.  Always in nature there is one offspring (usually strong male) who is too lazy to leave the home, and takes it for themself.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2006, 08:28:39 pm »
Even if they didn't, eventually life would die out due to a lack of a constant source of energy. It's just the same energy being passed around, which, in the trophic system, is depleting every generation. Say a fish has 100 units of energy, and it's eaten by a bird. That bird will only receive 10 units of that energy. Eventually, all the energy will be used up any way you look at it unless the Palace of the Sun explodes or something.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2006, 09:08:58 pm »
Once again, the planet would be dead and lifeless.  Besides, the point of CT was you try to alter present to prevent destruction in future...  I really dont see where people get rebirth as the theme of CT.

Theicedragon

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2006, 06:34:26 pm »
No one said that "Rebirth" was the theme of CT.  What I believe is that they were trying to save mankind moreso than the Planet.  People say the planet because they believe the "Planet" started this great adventure for crono and co. to save itself.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2006, 07:03:28 pm »
Quote from: Theicedragon
No one said that "Rebirth" was the theme of CT.  What I believe is that they were trying to save mankind moreso than the Planet.  People say the planet because they believe the "Planet" started this great adventure for crono and co. to save itself.

Or maybe they say that because the last chapter's Japanese name is "The End of Our Planet's Dream" and because Chrono Cross's instruction book blatantly states that "The Dream of our Planet once had defeated the darkness and brought forth a brighter future".

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2006, 07:19:02 pm »
And then when you add the Planet Dream stuff to the entity discussion in CT... well you kind of get the idea that this all was an attempt by the Planet to save itself from Lavos.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2006, 07:25:33 pm »
and how the Earth is all barren and stuff. That helps.

Theicedragon

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2006, 09:38:28 am »
ok. I understand.  thanx for clearing that up.