Author Topic: Masamune & Murasame-Swords of Squeenix  (Read 15482 times)

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Masamune & Murasame-Swords of Squeenix
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2006, 05:55:34 am »
Quote from: JossiRossi
Quote from: AuraTwilight
Pfft. Next you'll be telling us Anime is a poor source of Japanese culture, history, and myths.

I'm pretending that's a sarcastic comment. For your sake.

If you even DARE tell me Inuyasha is not only inaccurate but something  not actually ongoing in the real world to this day, I will cry and then possibly eat you.

The resembelance is uncanny.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2006, 01:06:14 pm »
Quote from: Burning Zeppelin
The resembelance is uncanny.

...er...aside from the cheekbones...how is that uncanny?

But yeah, much of anime is very strongly reflecting of Japanese culture/mythology, past or present. That's a silly thing to oppose.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2006, 04:17:32 pm »
Yeah, just don't expect heaps of pink and blue hair coloured girls to run through the streets of japan, with big demons chasing them, and then a squad of people dressed in black robes to come at them and slice them with a zanpaktou. Then one of the demons (who is Inuyasha) will own them and then the world will end because it was all a distraction and Freeza was able to destroy the planet.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2006, 04:32:19 pm »
Heh, I can think of much worst scenarios.

While Cell's invasion of the moon and his battle against Sailor Mercury, Sailor Chibi returned to warn Kagome of the coming crash of Naraku and his sinister plot to become the next ruler of the Namikens. To stop the chaos, Kagome builds a virtual reality called  'The World', where she traps Cell and Naraku. However, this is not enough, for Majin Buu invades the earth and commences a Duel with Yugi for his Millenium Pyramid. Who will win is anyone's guess, but one thing is certain: We are all doomed. With Inuyasha's death and Goku exploding due to over-eating and giving birth to Crono, all heroes are gone. Will the world end? Will Tokyo Tower fall? Will Sakura petals  fill the planet and choke everyone? The answer to this question and more, in Legend's Anime theater.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2006, 06:41:35 pm »

But yeah, much of anime is very strongly reflecting of Japanese culture/mythology, past or present. That's a silly thing to oppose.

He was being sarcastic. Also, although anime does reflect Japanese culture/mythology, it's also modified, relaxed, and changed for the convienence of the storyline. Just like we do with western religions for our stories, like that one movie where that average guy got the Powers of God and screwed around with them. Like, Joe Almighty or something.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2006, 07:15:33 pm »

He was being sarcastic. Also, although anime does reflect Japanese culture/mythology, it's also modified, relaxed, and changed for the convienence of the storyline. Just like we do with western religions for our stories, like that one movie where that average guy got the Powers of God and screwed around with them. Like, Joe Almighty or something.

That movie was retarded...
But no duh it is modify.  People change and so does culture, but obviously there are some connections.

Namara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2006, 10:07:38 pm »
It was Bruce Almighty by the way.

Kenshin was the anime that I found had the most historical accuracy.  Obviously they warped the facts a bit, but it still has some facts left in it.

Mystik3eb

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2006, 12:20:31 am »
Bruce Almighty was hilarious, I loved it.

I hate Inuyasha, and Naruto never struck me as anything special.

Glensather Galanodel

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2006, 12:36:36 am »
My mistake about the FFVII swords, by the way.

And everyone knows the world will end in 2015AD when a blue-haired albino girl eats an Angel through a pedophile's hand, grows into a giant, and sucks all the souls of mankind into her stigmata, thus turning everyones' bodies into Tang.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2006, 11:54:56 am »
Quote from: Glensather Galanodel
My mistake about the FFVII swords, by the way.

And everyone knows the world will end in 2015AD when a blue-haired albino girl eats an Angel through a pedophile's hand, grows into a giant, and sucks all the souls of mankind into her stigmata, thus turning everyones' bodies into Tang.

Someone has been watching Evangelion.

Oh and Bruce Almigthy for the win.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2006, 06:14:24 pm »

NUH UH! Some teenage kid is going to watch his father get eaten by the blue haired albino, then poof away the universe as he has a philosophical conversation with himself, gets warped into an alternate universe where his life is a comical romance high school anime, and then find himself walking ontop of the Solar System highfiving everyone he knows as his mom's robotic corpse drifts through space with a big helix spear.

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2006, 09:40:56 pm »

NUH UH! Some teenage kid is going to watch his father get eaten by the blue haired albino, then poof away the universe as he has a philosophical conversation with himself, gets warped into an alternate universe where his life is a comical romance high school anime, and then find himself walking ontop of the Solar System highfiving everyone he knows as his mom's robotic corpse drifts through space with a big helix spear.

I like Tang...

The Masamune's been in half the Square games that have ever been released.  It's present in VII, VIII, and X, and all the games that don't have the Masamune have the Excalibur.  I would actually have preferred that they called the sword Granleon, as it's much more accurate.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2006, 01:31:43 am »
Yeah it really is...
Granleon would imply some massive French sword... which is more accurate than a katana.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2006, 04:51:08 am »
Wait..

Is the Masamune actually written as Masamune in the Japanese version, and it means GrandLeon, or is it literally written as Gi ra n de re o n etc?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2006, 06:25:45 am »
Quote from: Zaperking
Wait..

Is the Masamune actually written as Masamune in the Japanese version, and it means GrandLeon, or is it literally written as Gi ra n de re o n etc?

Litterally Grandleon. Masamune is a total invention by Woolsey.