Author Topic: PAX Event Schedule Online & Compendium Meetup(s)  (Read 4765 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: PAX Event Schedule Online & Compendium Meetup(s)
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2009, 03:36:34 am »
No worries. If you bail, there will be more leftovers for me.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2009, 03:52:13 am »
I'm taking the bus there on both days, unless I can get my mom to give me a ride (unlikely).

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2009, 03:54:53 am »
some of my dormmates are going to a-fest (anime fest) over this weekend...

isnt this weekend PAX as well?

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2009, 06:19:25 pm »
Yes, Serge, PAX has started today.

Okay, so I'm leaving super early to the airport cuz I'm going by trains and it takes a while (it's only 40 mins by car >_>). I will not be bringing my computer, so I'll be unable to talk to any of you before Saturday. Looking forward to seeing y'all : D.

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2009, 06:41:55 pm »
Have fun guys!  Look forward to seeing some updates so that I can satisfy my need for vicarious holiday.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2009, 10:23:42 pm »
I'd like to come along :D Should I bring anything? Food or games, perhaps?

Compendium potluck!

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2009, 03:45:15 am »
I have discovered that I am the most attractive person here, if I may say so myself.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2009, 04:21:06 pm »
:3. Yes, Kebrel, you are most definitely the most attractive. Especially compared to Z girl who wants to do modeling and everything! Pshhhh.

Anyway, I had fun at PAX. I won't write about what I did other than con-related stuff but I'll write a bit what I thought of the con.

My bf said that I would not like it because he knows my tastes, and PAX generally isn't it. However, what I liked most (well other than hanging out with friends) was the console room, which I found better structured than any other con I have attended. The problem with me is that I kind of don't play the games featured at PAX. Up until 2003, 100 percent of the games I played were nintendo games, and now I have "broadened my horizons" so that 90 percent of the games I play are nintendo games... and the 10 percent that isn't nintendo wouldn't be featured at PAX. What I did most of the time I was actually at the con was to play street fighter 4, which really made me happy, and now I will have the game on my dad's computer. I'm a really big fan of the SF series in general.  I also played some other games. Maybe I wasn't supposed to, but I randomly challenged people at their games and if they were enough of a challenge for me, we had fun playing : ). We'd talk about the games we were playing as I was getting my ass kicked. And I found it really, really hard to find someone my level to play in SF 4. I preferred that they kicked my ass, but it was like... either I was way too strong, or they were way too strong. Ah well. Anyway, because I want to play SF 4 some more, and hang out with Compendiumites and my other friend, I will try to go next year!

Otherwise, I just enjoyed hanging out. If I can go next year, I'll try to go for Friday and Saturday so I can perhaps try to do more other than play street fighter. I wanted to check out more of that... uh display area(?) but I didn't have the chance to do anything other than look around and then try the unreleased nintendo games(the few that there were) because I just was kind of limited in my time... I actually had to take the bus back to my hotel (it was far away from the con) on Saturday because my friends wanted to leave early and I don't tend to leave cons till at least midnight (sometimes up till 3 am).

Some of us might post pics at some point. Be on the lookout for that!

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2009, 05:17:17 pm »
Zaichik, go ahead and post yours from last night if you can. I'm just waiting for permissions from a couple people before I post Gelatiamo.

Seven things made this con awesome.
First and most importantly, Starcraft II. GIANT posters of Tychus, Zeratul and Kerrigan marked the playing station. The lines were huge, but it was just as satisfying to sit and watch. I think the Mothership is my current favourite unit.
Second, Halo 3 playing stations! I stuck a plasma grenade on some guy's crotch, it was great :lol:
Third is the Pho shop within walking distance. They don't have bubble tea (wtf) or that wide of a selection, but there was some pretty good meat, and an hour long pun battle between Melchior and Pip.
Fourth is the people who enjoyed themeselves WAY too much while playing Rock Band. There were people jumping and spinning around on stage, some guy got chased around the room by an enforcer while doing a solo, and there were two Captain Falcons. One was pink.
Fifth, the concert. I only saw the last person who played, but it was the guy who did Portal's Still Alive song, so it was worth it. There was a song about zombies (Aaall we want to do is eat your brains), a song called Springtime about getting it on outside, and a song called Fancy Pants which had to do with a guy being the best in everybody's pants. And, of course, there was Still Alive. The whole auditorium sang along with it. I wouldn't be surprised if he had stopped singing without anyone noticing.
I forgot what number six was, so I'm just going to say the yellow men who flopped around on all the pillows. There were these two cosplaying guys dressed up in full yellow hazmat suits. I don't know what game or show they were from, but they were still awesome
The seventh, and perhaps most awesome, thing is the little red buttons with flashing lights that said AWESOME in big white letters.

And number eight, because I just remembered what six was supposed to be: a giant Kon riding the bucking bronco/demon horse.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2009, 05:22:55 pm »
T'was a good occasion, and well-met! Just for the record: Kebrel is exactly the same in real life as he is as "Kebrel" here online. As for myself, my big secret is out: I'm more well-spoken in the written word than I am in person!

I had a good time meeting with you guys, and I'm sorry that my flu put a damper on the evening. At least yesterday I was well enough to function at a basic level. Today I am WHOAMG SICK. =(

My best highlight of PAX: Gabe and Tycho! It was also very cool to finally see the sixth floor of the Convention Center.
Worst highlight: The Wil Wheaton panel filled up about five days before I got in line.

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2009, 06:25:12 pm »
T'was a good occasion, and well-met! Just for the record: Kebrel is exactly the same in real life as he is as "Kebrel" here online.
Odd considering many on other sites people often think I'm a gal...
Giant Kon on a horse
I have a video of that ride I'll try and get hosted soon. Never mind there are several up already [link] They went easy on him.

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2009, 08:36:50 pm »
It is official.  I have con-envy.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2009, 10:47:04 pm »
ZOMG, the Lord hath revealed his image! What handsome suckers we all are. Especially RD -- never has solid black been any more beautiful than on a Compendiumite.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 10:54:04 pm by FaustWolf »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2009, 10:47:53 pm »
So... Wait a tick.  Was the "blacked out person" Radical Dreamer?